Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: TE George Kittle, 49ers

19 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Don’t do this again. 

4:05PM EST start this week so a few more options than the MNF tilt.  I'll be deciding between Hockenson at 1pm or Kittle at 4pm.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:44 PM, Ilov80s said:

There is an argument to be made you should be starting Waller regardless of health

Gently disagree given Williams's return and the emergence of Renfrow. Waller isn't seeing the targets, especially the red zone and end zone targets that he was. Kittle, if he was going, was definitely worth a start over him last week. And, as you know, I Am The Wallerres. 

9 hours ago, Wingnut said:

He will play.

Peanut gallery boos you. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Gently disagree given Williams's return and the emergence of Renfrow. Waller isn't seeing the targets, especially the red zone and end zone targets that he was. Kittle, if he was going, was definitely worth a start over him last week. And, as you know, I Am The Wallerres. 

I don’t think I would start Waller over Kittle but in ppg, Waller has slightly outperformed Kittle to this point.

• Like 1

George Kittle (knee) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

As was Emmanuel Sanders (ribs) and Matt Breida (ankle). Coach Kyle Shanahan was ominous on Kittle's Week 11 availability when talking to the media, stating he's "hopeful" his star tight end will be ready for the 49ers' 4:05 PM ET tilt with the Cardinals. Fantasy players should have a backup plan ready for the second consecutive week.

SOURCE: Cam Inman on Twitter

Nov 13, 2019, 5:36 PM ET

Interesting in him being ruled out so early this week versus last.  Obviously the magnitude of the MNF game probably had to do with that, but Wednesday?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheDirtyWord said:

Interesting in him being ruled out so early this week versus last.  Obviously the magnitude of the MNF game probably had to do with that, but Wednesday?

Reporter misquoted him. He's not out. Yet. They're just preparing for him to be out in practice.

Just now, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

ESPN now has him marked as out.

So does Yahoo and CBS. They're all wrong. They're going off the bad tweet from the Cardinals reporter. None are going off the official NFL designation.

They'll all have it corrected soon.

An hour ago CBS had Kittle's news as "out" but his projections still there for 7 points. Now they have his news blurb as "not out" due to the misquote, but projections at 0. They'll all adjust over the next few hours. 

On 11/13/2019 at 8:18 PM, Wingnut said:

He WILL play.

at some point

Just announced the knee injury is career threatening, likely to announce retirement tomorrow at noon. 

Its a joke. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Just announced the knee injury is career threatening, likely to announce retirement tomorrow at noon. 

Where's this?   Twitter is updated to 2 minutes ago with updates that Shanahan did not rule him out for Sunday.

5 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Where's this?   Twitter is updated to 2 minutes ago with updates that Shanahan did not rule him out for Sunday.

Readjust your sarcasm meter

13 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Quite certain he's joking.

Career ending injuries are funny..  

11 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Readjust your sarcasm meter

Checked in to get news.  Didn’t scroll up to see that you were dealing with wingnut.  Carry on

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Career ending injuries are funny..  

Yeah just pulling Wingnuts leg after his whiffs on guaranteeing Kittle plays. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Yeah just pulling Wingnuts leg after his whiffs on guaranteeing Kittle plays. 

I didn't really whiff, I was trying to will it to happen. The power of positivity and all that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

I didn't really whiff, I was trying to will it to happen. The power of positivity and all that.

I get it- I do the same all the time. We need Kittle healthy so I’m hoping I can reverse the mojo.

• Like 1

There’s something fishy about all this.  First he gets hurt on the first play and plays the rest of the game and plays well.  Then he’s out and he’s not even on the sideline.  Now he’s already ruled out on a Wednesday?  But maybe not?

9 minutes ago, SCT said:

There’s something fishy about all this.  First he gets hurt on the first play and plays the rest of the game and plays well.  Then he’s out and he’s not even on the sideline.  Now he’s already ruled out on a Wednesday?  But maybe not?

I agree, which is why I was saying in the game thread- that play did not look good. naysayers (and those who like to wish me to always be wrong) mocked me. 

13 minutes ago, SCT said:

He actually didn't play in the 2nd half of the Arizona game. But yeah, it's weird.

28 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

He actually didn't play in the 2nd half of the Arizona game. But yeah, it's weird.

I believe he played the 3rd quarter, but not the 4th.

52 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

He did play some in the second half.

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

I agree, which is why I was saying in the game thread- that play did not look good. naysayers (and those who like to wish me to always be wrong) mocked me. 

Looked like he took a direct helmet to the knee, the impact of which can damage your MCL. It didn't look good immediately and I remember thinking that it'd be really lucky if he was able to play in the next month. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

The good news is that Gronk will be standing next to him at the press conference.  

17 hours ago, rockaction said:

Looked like he took a direct helmet to the knee, the impact of which can damage your MCL. It didn't look good immediately and I remember thinking that it'd be really lucky if he was able to play in the next month. 

With the force from the front probably PCL or ACL.

36 minutes ago, bolldpt said:

With the force from the front probably PCL or ACL.

They are classifying it as a bone bruise, but have been very vague, which is never a good sign. I think he’s 50/50 for week 12 and is def back in week 13 for the stretch run 

22 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Why would you ever think this is funny?  Please do us all a favor and stop posting here.

2 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

Why would you ever think this is funny?  Please do us all a favor and stop posting here.

I'm guessing he was responding to erroneous posts that said Kittle would play each of the last two weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I'm guessing he was responding to erroneous posts that said Kittle would play each of the last two weeks. 

so the intelligent response is to joke about a career ending injury?  No wonder this place is in such a decline.

26 minutes ago, FGITLOTR said:

They are classifying it as a bone bruise, but have been very vague, which is never a good sign. I think he’s 50/50 for week 12 and is def back in week 13 for the stretch run 

At the time I was worried about a chondral bruise, which can lead to longer term issues. I still think this is what it is, but it takes a long time to heal, if it does. 

Tissues are injured the worst when they suffer compression force. the cartilage that was likely damaged from this injury is compressed every time the knee is straightened, so he likely feels this all the time.  

I had an almost identical mechanism of injury, with less force than Kittle had, and my prognosis was not good- needed cartilage grafting (chose that over microfracture due to the horrible long term benefit of MF). I'm not saying this is what will happen to Kittle (I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see that in this knee eventually now) but this injury is definitely not good.

Best case scenario it's a bone bruise, which he still feels all the time, and may take a very long time to heal; bone bruises take a long time due to a poor blood supply to tue area 

53 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

It’s a joke. If you follow through the thread, it makes sense. I am heavily invested in Kittle and want him to do well. I don’t wish anything bad on George. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

so the intelligent response is to joke about a career ending injury?  No wonder this place is in such a decline.

I just looked at your profile and when you do post, it’s almost always a rude comment about something. You post how you want, I post how I want. It’s all good baby. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

I just looked at your profile and when you do post, it’s almost always a rude comment about something. You post how you want, I post how I want. It’s all good baby. 

Cool.  Hopefully the moderators give you a lengthy timeout for not being funny at all.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:26 PM, Ilov80s said:

Dude.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:26 PM, Ilov80s said:

Do not ever post something like this unless you have a legit link.  

• Like 2