What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop John Brown for Derrick Henry? (1 Viewer)

arrow7

Footballguy
.5PPR

Someone dropped Henry should I drop Brown to pick him up?

QB Cousins

WR: Nelson, Allen, Pryor, Diggs, Cobb, Brown

RB: Zeke, Mcfadden, Kelley, D. Martin, J. Rodgers

TE Ertz

Def: Panthers

K: Bryant

Yup, with your other WR's Brown should never see the field and if Henry's lottery ticket comes in he'd be a potential top 5 RB.

May not get the chance this year but DH is the clearest, most valuable handcuff around. If you don't grab him someone else will.

The answer is yes, acquire Derrick Henry.

He is essentially one of 4-5 league winner handcuffs , where if the right situation occurs, he gives you tremendous upside if Murray goes down. Simply put, he can be a RB1. One of the most valuable cuffs there is.

But he correct play is, do not drop John Brown, but drop Randall Cobb. Brown is primed for a bit of a resurgence. Even though they may have similar ceilings, John Brown has a clearer path to more steady work whereas Cobb would need an injury to someone in front of him (Nelson or Adams) and even that isn't a guarantee.

When Nelson went down year before last, Cobb severely disappointed owners.   I think its close, but I drop Cobb. (the one thing that may get me to debate that, is you own Nelson as well, so its another "handcuff in a sense, albeit at WR)

Either way, RUN TO THE WIRE and acquire Henry, no matter who you drop.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
They may not be a better lottery ticket RB in the league. No question I'd do this. He has some Flex-worthy stand-alone value but his upside is crazy. One big hit away from RB1 lock and load every week. 

Run, do not walk, to make this move. 

Why are you considering dropping Brown and not McFadden? Dude has been a healthy scratch for two straight games now and there's no reason to believe he would take over for Zeke. He's not even a handcuff at this point. That seems like a very wasted roster stash even as a Zeke owner.

Why are you considering dropping Brown and not McFadden? Dude has been a healthy scratch for two straight games now and there's no reason to believe he would take over for Zeke. He's not even a handcuff at this point. That seems like a very wasted roster stash even as a Zeke owner.
I would disagree slightly with this evaluation....I do agree McFadden can be dropped but if Zeke were to miss games McFadden would work as the primary guy. I think he is inactive now because he doesn't give them extra (special teams, etc) so they would rather use that spot on someone that will be more help on game day.  If Zeke went down McFadden would have value. 

I would disagree slightly with this evaluation....I do agree McFadden can be dropped but if Zeke were to miss games McFadden would work as the primary guy. I think he is inactive now because he doesn't give them extra (special teams, etc) so they would rather use that spot on someone that will be more help on game day.  If Zeke went down McFadden would have value. 
This is the correct thinking on McFadden.  Unfortunately for me, I can't get the Zeke owner to see this in my league so he won't give me anything for McFadden

I can't get the Zeke owner to see this in my league
I'm that Zeke owner as well (not your league obv). Even if you turn out to be right, I don't think he gets the majority of the carries, and he's made a career out of collecting a paycheck without playing. Morris is the back I want for Zeke's handcuff. McFadden is every bit as likely to go down with a soft tissue injury as he is to not get enough touches to matter. Morris isn't sexy, but he'll hold the fort down.

Users who are viewing this thread