What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which position do I need to upgrade via trade the most? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
My league is healthy with trade opportunities and while the season has yet to begin, now is actually a good time to try to get in before guys go off and the cost skyrockets. We completed our draft and I feel I made a few mistakes in the middle rounds and am curious as to others' thoughts on whether I'm overthinking things preseason.

Rules:

Redraft, 10 teams

Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T, K, D 

Roster Restrictions: 2QB, 3RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1 Flex (W/R/T), 2K, 2D

6 points for all TDs (including passing), PPR, rushing attempts = 0.25 pts, performance bonuses (big passes, big runs, accumulated rush yards, accumulated pass yards)

My team:

QB: R. Wilson, M. Stafford

RB: E. Elliott, B. Powell, D. Martin, D. McFadden

WR: J. Nelson, D. Hopkins, T. Hill

TE: R. Gronkowski, C. Brate

K: R. Succop, G. Gano

D: Denver, Pittsburgh

I have to maintain my roster restrictions in any trade I make so I have to be careful, and with Zeke's suspension I chose to carry the extra headcount with my RBs. I'm concerned about my RB2 but with a start 2WR league, I'm not seeing a ton of need for WR. My biggest chip is Gronk, but should I consider trading Gronk to upgrade my RB2 or stick with Powell?

I had preliminary conversations with another owner about doing something like Gronk/Powell for Olsen/Hyde. We might throw in WRs too, but is Powell a RB2 you'd trust and I should leave this alone?

It's a good RB situation... because McFadden should be good when EE is out, and Martin will be back. That's not a bad trade either but I'd probably stay put. I'd like another WR as you have flex, a PPR guy like Diggs etc... but it's a good squad and I'd probably stay put. That tight a roster restriction doesn't make sense to me. I don't mind carrying 1 TE and picking one upper a bye week but I guess that won't free up another roster spot....

pls see mine

I don't mind trading Gronk, especially now when his value will be highest. After last night, his value is going to start to fall, he didn't look the same and this is a guy who can no longer stay on the field for 16 games. 
That said, you've got real problems at RB, even if Zeke manages to beat the suspension. Martin is no longer the back he once was and he's also suspended for 3 games. 
I would trade Gronk for Olsen and an RB, but it wouldn't be Hyde, you can do better I think. 
Offer more than one trade to different owners, look for Eifert or Kelce in a package perhaps. Or take a hit at TE if you can get a big upgrade at RB, Something like maybe Ertz and Anderson or Rudolph and Freeman. 
I also agree your roster limits are ridiculous, however, it should make for a rich waiver wire, if that's any consolation. 

Please answer mine,
 https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/760011-am-i-contender-draft-rating/

I'd rather stick with your current team over the Hyde/Olson deal. After last night the other guy might pass on it anyway given how Gronk was shut down last night.

Users who are viewing this thread