What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Craig Carton arrested for ticket ponzi scheme - He, WFAN and Boomer deserve it (1 Viewer)

Koya

Footballguy
I've been pretty vocal about my evolution from "longtime Mike and the Mad Dog Listener" to infrequent, nostalgia driven listener of the blowhard only.  Over the years I've also mentioned my utter disdain for the morning show, especially Carton (Boomer seems like a legit solid individual, but he grates on me, and too many mornings with Carton have not shown well upon his legacy).

Carton is and has always been a self serving, pathetic, nitwit of a #####. What an awful hire and, apparently worse human being.

Carton arrested for ticket ponzi scheme to cover gambling debts.

Boomer shaken as he delivers the news on the radio.

In all seriousness, I hope Carton rots for this at least for a couple years, in jail. Boomer can and should do better, but again, he's lost me as a 'fan' between his work with Carton and various assinine comments he's made over the years.

This is an absurd story.  The guy had millions of dollars of gambling debt.  How does someone get in that deep?

The hour Carton did last night was great. Didn't realize how much I missed him on the radio. 

i’m sure if i was convicted of a felony i could leave jail and get my old job back with a promotion and raise.  maybe i should try and report back....
As Carton said...his competitors had three years to get better at their job and earn his spot, but they didn't. 

only ever listened to the guy very little, but after watching the documentary and hearing him talk about having created this personality he uses on radio to hide his true self.. to try and exist in a different world where he wasn't "ericcraig carton, molested at 13".. how he hated it even though he knew it made him successful.. how does he come back and be that same fake radio guy again?

it clearly tortured him and as he explains led him to do things that "real" Eric Craig Carton would never do.. like this wild gambling streak, etc.  how does he walk that line of being both people again?

the only comparison i can think of is an alcoholic that hit bottom, went through rehab, told his family he was a changed man who in time starts going back to parties, to bars, drinking and making the same old decisions as before.... while telling himself he's changed?

i dunno. best of luck to the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
only ever listened to the guy very little, but after watching the documentary and hearing him talk about having created this personality he uses on radio to hide his true self.. to try and exist in a different world where he wasn't "eric carton, molested at 13".. how he hated it even though he knew it made him successful.. how does he come back and be that same fake radio guy again?

it clearly tortured him and as he explains led him to do things that "real" Eric Carton would never do.. like this wild gambling streak, etc.  how does he walk that line of being both people again?

the only comparison i can think of is an alcoholic that hit bottom, went through rehab, told his family he was a changed man who in time starts going back to parties, to bars, drinking and making the same old decisions as before.... while telling himself he's changed?

i dunno. best of luck to the guy.
Love him on South Park - hope he continues.

Users who are viewing this thread