What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hurricane Irma (1 Viewer)

jcsalazar

Footballguy
I have Winston with no backup! There's nobody on my bench that I want to cut for a backup QB! Should I cut my kicker (Boswell) and play without one? My opponent has Diggs and Dalvin Cook! Should I pick up Bradford so it washes the Diggs/Cooks play??

$50 side bet was established before Irma developed!

What's the bench? I wouldn't cut the kicker. that's making it a handicap match. If the goal is to win now because of side bet, then that's a terrible strategy.

How much scoring does a kicker do?  I won my first two games last year with no kicker so it isn't impossible.  Most games aren't that close so the kicker may not have any impact to the outcome but not knowing the scoring it makes that decision up to you.

If I had to cut someone I would cut James White (although that may not be an option since they already played).  If he cannot be cut due to already having played then I would cut Beasley.  Many players like him that you can get off the waivers at any time.

1. I would rather be without a starting K than a starting QB.

2. I think Bradford makes for an outstanding play, at home, on MNF, with great weapons.

3. The connection is a bit irrelevant. Sure, it's fun having a QB throw a TD to a WR, but it's not worth more than if they both scored and weren't connected. FBG "rate my team" blurb suggests it's more risky to have them both as if one has a bad game, they both might. 

But yeah - in a no-win situation, grab Bradford and drop the K who is ultimately replaceable by like 15 other guys with a foot at the end of their leg. 

Earlier in the week I dropped Boswell for Bradford. Today I dropped Beasley for Boswell (best available Kicker) because I didn't have a Kicker 

Earlier in the week I dropped Boswell for Bradford. Today I dropped Beasley for Boswell (best available Kicker) because I didn't have a Kicker 
Ah - ok, that makes sense. Good luck! 

(I am also starting Bradford this week. Dalton at Ravens doesn't appeal to me) 

Users who are viewing this thread