What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need a CB to start week 1. Who should I pick? (1 Viewer)

motoclube

Footballguy
In my league, I need to start 1 CB. Those are some of the cornerbacks avaiable on the waiver wire. Who should I claim?

Quinton Dunbar (WAS) vs PHI

Aqib Talib (DEN) vs LAC

Lamarcus Joyner (LAR) vs IND

Tre'Davious White (BUF) vs NYJ

Dontae Johnson (SF) vs CAR

Joe Haden (PIT) @CLE

E.J. Gaines (BUF) vs NYJ

Richard Sherman  (SEA) @GB

Janoris Jenkins (NYG) @DAL

Ronald Darby (PHI) @WAS

Scoring 

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 3

Interception 3

Fumble Forced 3

Fumble Recovery 3

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 3

Pass Defended 1

Block Kick 3

Tackles for Loss 0.5

Turnover Return Yards 10 yards per point

Extra Point Returned 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Jenkins and Darby are high ceiling CB that are decent tacklers and potential for big plays 

Talib for me.  He's going to see plenty of targets and he's got the ability to score off of them.  Darby would be next.

The dichotomy of Cornerback is that you generally don't want the best cover guys like Peterson or Rhodes.  You want CB's that are going to get targeted so they have opportunities for tackles and PD/INT.  Guys like Sherman and Jenkins won't get targeted very often as they are significantly better than the guy opposite them.  I'd look at Eli Apple or Shaq Griffin opposite those guys actually.

I would go with Darby.  Washington will be slinging it and he will get his chances.  Cousins isn't afraid to chuck it into coverage.  There will be opportunities for some big plays.

Users who are viewing this thread