What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best RB Sleeper Stash (1 Viewer)

scras26

Footballguy
How would you order the below RBs and why? (1 = best stash).  I realize there are others (ie Carson, Kamara, Cohen), but they are already rostered.

1) Deandre Washington

2) Jamaal Charles 

3)  Wendell Smallwood

4) D'Onta Foreman

5) Matt Breida

League info:  14-team, 0.5 PPR, don't have good RB depth

How would you order the below RBs and why? (1 = best stash).  I realize there are others (ie Carson, Kamara, Cohen), but they are already rostered.

1) Deandre Washington

2) Jamaal Charles 

3)  Wendell Smallwood

4) D'Onta Foreman

5) Matt Breida

It would help if I had your roster construction, that makes a big difference. Consider bye weeks, and knowing if one of these is a potential handcuff for someone you already own. Everything makes a difference.

Smallwood has a clear path to SOME work, but the crowded backfield there keeps his ceiling down. If you want a true lottery ticket, I wouldn't pick him.

It would have to be D'Onta  Foreman for me. The guy was a monster in college.....Blue is gimpy, and truth be told, Lamar Miller has certainly not done too well there for the Texans. An injury to Miller would put Foreman squarely on the RB2 with massive upside map, and not only that, there is still a chance he wins the job outright if Miller looks sluggish again this season. (and he has not looked good in the preseason from what I saw)  Bill O'Brien will give his #1 a massive workload if things fall right.

I also like  MATT BREIDA . He has looked great in limited work in the preseason. Shanahan can and will heavily utilize his running backs in his schemes (think Atlanta last year) and  Carlos Hyde certainly hasn't been the bastion of health in his career either. This guy is a Hyde injury away from being everyone's waiver claim.

Those two would be my picks. But if you wanted someone with more of a "guarantee" of at least "some" small numbers right out of the gate, it may be Smallwood.

Good Luck, and welcome to the board.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:

1) Deandre Washington

2) Jamaal Charles 

3)  Wendell Smallwood

4) D'Onta Foreman

5) Matt Breida

1. Smallwood: Could easily become the main guy in Philly even without injuries which the rest of the list needs to rely on.

2. Foreman: No other real competition if Miller goes down,

3. Breida: Also no other competition on the roster should Hyde go down, however not as talanted as Foreman

4. Washington: If Lynch goes down he will be in a committee but he is legit.

5. Charles: Again would be in a committee when CJ falls but has other talented and younger backs on the roster that will also be used.

1. Washington...Not convinced Lynch will hold up and I question how much desire he really has to play.
2. Breida...virtually tied with Foreman in my eyes but has a slight advantage with a better opportunity for a Hyde injury.
3. Foreman...Good tough back with excellent opportunity if Miller goes down, but less likely than Hyde.
4. Smallwood....Not sold on Philly offense
5. Charles.....He's toast I think, just barely made the roster cuts from what I read.

Please respond to mine:
http://www72.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=33628&O=07

Last edited by a moderator:
1.  Brieda - Will have some value regardless of Hyde injury.  I'm playing the odds that Hyde gets injured for at least a few games.

2.  Foreman - Playing the odds again for a Miller injury. 

3.  Washington - not a huge fan of his situation however I like him better than the others.

4.  Charles - Too many Denver RBs to feed and not a good enough OL

5.  Smallwood - I'm not interested in touching the Eagle RB situation.

Here's mine....https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/760020-trevor-siemian-trade-offer/

Users who are viewing this thread