What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft Trade Thead **** 2017 Season (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Maybe this can give us insight like the dynasty thread on players perceived value.  I know FBG's does a great job with the TOP 200 going forward (My favorite weekly article, starting Week 2)

Post completed trades - post draft.

12 team PPR with only 4 bench spots.

I traded Allen Robinson/Tyrell Williams for Golden Tate/ Watkins

QRWTFFKD

Lineup

Rivers, Zeke, OBJ, Cooper, Fitzgerald, Ertz, K, D

Bench:  G. Tate, Watkins, Eli, Mixon

Last edited by a moderator:
Drafted luck and Winston. Can't add players until after week 1. Trying to trade for someone's backup but they all know I'm bent over, so I'm getting nothing but terrible offers. It's a keep 1 league but we can use next years picks, so everyone wants 6th rounders for guys they drafted in the 12+ this year. I'll have to do something, qb friendly scoring ensures a loss if I don't have something there. 

Drafted luck and Winston. Can't add players until after week 1. Trying to trade for someone's backup but they all know I'm bent over, so I'm getting nothing but terrible offers. It's a keep 1 league but we can use next years picks, so everyone wants 6th rounders for guys they drafted in the 12+ this year. I'll have to do something, qb friendly scoring ensures a loss if I don't have something there. 
Oh that sucks.  Hurricane really got you

Is there a slight WR upgrade you can give someone? in a 2 for 1 to get a QB back?

That does suck, you shouldn't have to take a zero. I don't mean to be ridiculous, but maybe gun for the lowest rated/projected QB in the league, someone somewhere drafted somebody they don't want. Hell try for Flacco. - I got stuck with a cut kicker one year and actually managed to trade for a replacement, now that's tough, giving up a RB or WR for a kicker.

I ended up posting a message that simply said "I made everyone the same offer, someone will accept it." Offer was luck+12 for backup+14. I got dalton. Works for me. Easy to panic and take a bad deal there but I figured I would panic Friday.

I would have taken Luck for just Dalton if I already had a QB1.  That works though.  Little risk.

I wanted Luck as my backup last night but someone took him a few prior.

I like luck over dalton but no one was making the straight up deal. I couldn't get Eli for luck straight up. I tried to put on pressure on by making it sound like if you don't take the value now, someone will. I made 8 offers of luck for backup straight up, countered with mid rd picks or starters or simply ignored/not seen. If it were Saturday night I could see people digging in and hoping I'm desperate. 

horrible rule IMO

horrible rule IMO
We typically over the last 15 years have drafted right before the season and you have pretty much all the info you can. We had some scheduling conflicts and drafted a couple weeks ago, but it's an outdated rule that has never really come up as an issue. 

Just got one of the worst trade offers I've ever seen.  Got offered Matt Forte for my Michael Crabtree and Eric Ebron.  My RBs are not great and I have Powell but Forte is almost worthless to me right now while Crabtree is a starting WR.  The Erbon part really surprised me since he's my only TE and that trade would leave with nothing at that position.  So basically give up Crabtree for Forte and give up Ebron for a TE on waivers.  Just an embarrassing attempt at a trade.

Just got one of the worst trade offers I've ever seen.  Got offered Matt Forte for my Michael Crabtree and Eric Ebron.  My RBs are not great and I have Powell but Forte is almost worthless to me right now while Crabtree is a starting WR.  The Erbon part really surprised me since he's my only TE and that trade would leave with nothing at that position.  So basically give up Crabtree for Forte and give up Ebron for a TE on waivers.  Just an embarrassing attempt at a trade.
Sounds like 10/12 people in my league.

Only one guy I seem to make a trade with every year and we already have.  First post.... Thoughts?

Maybe this can give us insight like the dynasty thread on players perceived value.  I know FBG's does a great job with the TOP 200 going forward (My favorite weekly article, starting Week 2)

Post completed trades - post draft.

Good thread Gotta......

I made a similar one last year, and it can be very useful. I also included in a few "declines" for kicks, and thats all I have personally so far.

I have thrown out a few offers preseason, but none were taken.

I offered to trade a guy Jonathan Stewart for Corey Coleman......in a "start 2 RB/start 3 WR/NO Flex " league his only RBs are Jay Ajayi, Rob Kelley and Darren McFadden. He declined last week, then 2 days later he finds out he lost Jay Ajayi this week, THEN he found out today he can't expect much out of McFadden for weeks since EZE will play. (The guy has like 6 WRs too, it was the dumbest decline I have ever seen in my life)  Well, NOW my price has went up.   :thumbup:   I only wanted a WR4. Oh well, you can't teach some people I guess.

No trades here yet, but I love the thread, and will be in here soon I'm sure.

TZM

I ended up posting a message that simply said "I made everyone the same offer, someone will accept it." Offer was luck+12 for backup+14. I got dalton. Works for me. Easy to panic and take a bad deal there but I figured I would panic Friday.
Dalton is underrated this season imo

I made 2 trades that netted me Kareem Hunt, Martellus Bennett, Duke Johnson (I have Crowell as well) and Cole Beasley. Only had to trade away DeAndre Hopkins (my WR3) and Derrick Henry.

Trade 1: give Hopkins and Henry, get Kelce and Duke Johnson

Trade 2: give Kelce, get Hunt, Bennett and Beasley

QB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/K/DEF. Team now is:

QB: Brees / Dalton

RB: Hunt / Crowell / Martin / Duke / AP

WR: Michael Thomas / Dez / Beasley / Kupp / Britt / Lockett

TE: Bennett / Ebron

K: Sturgis

DEF: Panthers

I made 2 trades that netted me Kareem Hunt, Martellus Bennett, Duke Johnson (I have Crowell as well) and Cole Beasley. Only had to trade away DeAndre Hopkins (my WR3) and Derrick Henry.

Trade 1: give Hopkins and Henry, get Kelce and Duke Johnson

Trade 2: give Kelce, get Hunt, Bennett and Beasley

QB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/K/DEF. Team now is:

QB: Brees / Dalton

RB: Hunt / Crowell / Martin / Duke / AP

WR: Michael Thomas / Dez / Beasley / Kupp / Britt / Lockett

TE: Bennett / Ebron

K: Sturgis

DEF: Panthers
Well the Hopkins side by a lot on the initial teade but the second trade, you took the guy to the cleaners. End result very positive for you.

I traded Allen Robinson and Tyrell Williams last Thursday for Golden Tate and Watkins.... I feel bad today, that owner is a good guy, hopefully he isn't receptive to trading with me.

I traded Allen Robinson and Tyrell Williams last Thursday for Golden Tate and Watkins.... I feel bad today, that owner is a good guy, hopefully he isn't receptive to trading with me.
No one is at fault for that.  That's just bad luck and can happen to anyone.  Heck, it happens in real life when teams trade players.

Cobb had a pretty good game and could have a really good season but I'm just not sure how consistent he's going to be.  I think he may have pretty good trade value after yesterday.  I was thinking of offering him for Demarco Murray after his poor game yesterday.

12 tm std....prior to this week's games...

Traded away Melving Gordon, Amari Cooper, Jimmy Graham

Received Le'Veon Bell, Corey Coleman, Travis Kelce

I've been shopping Tate and Watkins for a WR upgrade all week unsuccessfully.

best offer I got was Winston/Corey Davis for Rivers/Watkins

OK, my wheeling and dealing has begun.

Because I think league settings, context and team construction make a massive difference in any deal, I will always list any important details.

It would be helpful if most of you guys list anything similar, that can swing the value of players. Just like my thread last year, I will list anything that may change values. (All my leagues are start 3WRs, so thats a big difference)

I also like to give the thought train behind my moves. This isn't always done in these threads, but I think that helps other owners see why people make trades, and why the occasional trade may not seem "right" value wise, but it still helps a team overall.

This is a 12 teamer standard league, but start 3WRs 2RBs and no flex. Everything else is pretty standard non-ppr.

Trade #1 - I give TERRANCE WEST , I receive SAMMY WATKINS .

I'm not overly high on Watkins this year, but my starting 3WRs were AJ GREEN, MICHAEL THOMAS and MARVIN JONES .  (Robby Anderson on the bench)

Again, I am not high on Watkins, but I am now ICE COLD on MARVIN JONES.  

Simply put, I have no desire to spend the rest of my season with Marvin Jones as my WR3, and we are seeing the emergence of Kenny Golladay. I also had a number of RBs, so I could "afford" the RB loss. My other RBs in that league are......  CARLOS HYDE, MATT BREIDA, JACQUIZZ RODGERS, DOUG MARTIN, LAMAR MILLER, D'ONTA FOREMAN.  Yeah, it just worked out where I got handcuffs. I will be adding in other lotto ticket RBs as the year goes on, and dropping cuffs when appropriate.

I wasn't in love with giving up Terrance West, but I would rather give him up and get a WR with some real upside in Watkins, and I am stoked to get rid of Marvin Jones.

Between the Texans backfield, the SF backfield and the Bucs, I should be OK at RB.

TZM

This is a 12 teamer standard league, but start 3WRs 2RBs and no flex. Everything else is pretty standard non-ppr.

Trade #2 - I give up JACK DOYLE and JONATHAN STEWART,  I receive  ISAIAH CROWELL.

This trade started off in a different direction. I was trying to get another WR from the other owner, but I think CROWELL will be solid once his schedule clears up. I knew the other owner doesn't like CROWELL, and is high on JACK DOYLE.  

I ended up getting Doyle late in the draft, but it looks like he is just another guy until Luck returns, and even though I won last week, I won't be sitting him on my bench. Those spots are for RBs at this point in the year.

I have these RBs in said league....... DALVIN COOK, CJ ANDERSON,DERRICK HENRY, TERRANCE WEST, JOHNATHAN STEWART, DUKE JOHNSON JAMAAL CHARLES. (now dropping J. Stewart and adding Crowell)

I think this is a solid boost at RB (I don't want to trust J. Stewart from here on for various reasons) and adding CROWELL I think helps my run game. (for what its worth, I have Duke Johnson behind him also, that never hurts but I may well drop Duke for another lottery ticket type)

Still need another WR there though as my starting 3 WRs are ANTONIO BROWN, BRANDIN COOKS, and JOHN  BROWN.  (I have Jordan Matthews on the bench, so I am looking for an upgrade at my WR3 position)  So I will likely post that here when it happens.

TZM

I wasn't involved in this blockbuster.   :D

12 teamer , standard except - RBs + WRs get .25 ppr, AND RBs get .25 points per carry also.  Interesting format, and new to me.

TEAM A GETS - TRAVIS KELCE, TEVIN COLEMAN. (0-3  and very RB needy )

TEAM B GETS - HUNTER HENRY, JAY AJAYI.   (1-2 much better team, but Ajayi is a good help as he wasn't strong at RB either)

This trade stinks to high Hell. Team A is very RB needy , does not own Freeman, and at 0-3 looks to be out of it already. (He is basically getting a decent TE, and trading away his only good RB for Tevin Coleman)

Reeks of collusion, but I can't say for sure. I won't post complete rosters, but it sure looks like Team A is RB dumping.

A couple bigger trades happened elsewhere in my leagues, will post them later today.

TZM

12 team standard league , but START 3 WRs,2 RBs and NO FLEX league. Pretty standard, no ppr.

TEAM A GETS - ODELL BECKHAM JR. , EZEKIEL ELLIOT , KYLE RUDOLPH.

TEAM B GETS -  STEFON DIGGS, DEMARCO MURRAY , EMMANUEL SANDERS.

I personally like Team A's haul, but surprisingly enough, Team B initiated this one.  I guess you just never know.

There has got to be some trades happening guys~!. Prime panic season for the 0-3 owners, so let's hear some deals.

TZM

.5 PPR start 1/2/3/1/1 flex

Team A Trades: AJ Green

Team B trades : Doug Baldwin, Buck Allen

Team is 0-3 and has been decimated by RB injuries so he was desperate for a RB

10 team 2-QB 0.5PPR. Lineups 2/2/3/1/1/1 with 2 FLX's and a max of 3 starting RBs.

Team A (3-0) receives Michael Thomas, Chris Hogan, Joe Flacco

Team B (1-2) receives C.J. Anderson, Martavis Bryant, Alex Smith

Fair price for Thomas? Too much? Too little?

Anyone made any trades for David Johnson? If so, please post. His owners in two of my leagues are in last place and I feel like this may be the best chance to strike all season.

What a steal for Evans/Gordon.
Gordon owner was skittish about the knee injury, and not impressed with his efficiency on the ground. I also worked up the "Evans doesn't have a bye" angle to get him a little cheaper than I probably should have.

Glad to be rid of Elliot though. That OL looks slightly suspect so far this season, and I hated having the suspension looming, even if it's likely he plays the whole season. Oddly enough, the other owner didn't want McFadden to handcuff Elliot, which I was going to throw in for free. I figure I'll carry McFadden until we hear about the oral hearings early next week, then drop him if nothing comes from it, to free up the roster spot.

Gordon owner was skittish about the knee injury, and not impressed with his efficiency on the ground. I also worked up the "Evans doesn't have a bye" angle to get him a little cheaper than I probably should have.

Glad to be rid of Elliot though. That OL looks slightly suspect so far this season, and I hated having the suspension looming, even if it's likely he plays the whole season. Oddly enough, the other owner didn't want McFadden to handcuff Elliot, which I was going to throw in for free. I figure I'll carry McFadden until we hear about the oral hearings early next week, then drop him if nothing comes from it, to free up the roster spot.
Just offered Zeke/Watkins for Gordon/Hopkins (this owner hasn't made a trade in 15 years though) but worth a shot.

I can't figure out what to shop Zeke for.

Not worried about the Gordon bone bruise?

Not worried about the Gordon bone bruise?
Less worried than I am about the potential suspension for Elliot and poor play by the Dallas OL. Plus, it was worth the risk for me since it gave me a pretty solid upgrade at WR too.

Like you said though, valuing Elliot is really tough right now though. He hasn't looked great, and the suspension risk is ever present, but he proved his ability as one of the best fantasy assets last year. That a perfect storm of uncertainty that makes any forecasting really difficult.

12-team 1PPR –– 6pt TDs (passing too) –– 5pt bonus for 100+ yards rushing/receiving –– 5pt bonus 300+ yards passing
–––––––––––––––
QB: Newton, Goff

RB: Freeman, Murray, CMC, Coleman, Henry, Carson

WR: Hopkins, Hill, Watkins, MLee

TE: Engram

DST: Jax, Pitt

K: streaming
–––––––––––––

As you can see, I'm pretty weak at QB (and kind of at TE but I feel Engram has been and will continue to be reliably around 10 pts per game). 

I got an offer for Russ Wilson for my Hill but I declined that fast as hell.

I'd like to get a guy like Dak or Wentz or even Tyrod but I don't want to give any of my starters up. I thought about offering Coleman for Dak but idk... am I crazy for wanting to just wait and see on Cam and let Goff pick up the slack for the time being?

Or is Dak for Coleman worth it, if his owner will go for it? (He does need an RB2 pretty badly)

ATB said:
12-team 1PPR –– 6pt TDs (passing too) –– 5pt bonus for 100+ yards rushing/receiving –– 5pt bonus 300+ yards passing
–––––––––––––––
QB: Newton, Goff

RB: Freeman, Murray, CMC, Coleman, Henry, Carson

WR: Hopkins, Hill, Watkins, MLee

TE: Engram

DST: Jax, Pitt

K: streaming
–––––––––––––

As you can see, I'm pretty weak at QB (and kind of at TE but I feel Engram has been and will continue to be reliably around 10 pts per game). 

I got an offer for Russ Wilson for my Hill but I declined that fast as hell.

I'd like to get a guy like Dak or Wentz or even Tyrod but I don't want to give any of my starters up. I thought about offering Coleman for Dak but idk... am I crazy for wanting to just wait and see on Cam and let Goff pick up the slack for the time being?

Or is Dak for Coleman worth it, if his owner will go for it? (He does need an RB2 pretty badly)
I think you should wait out Cam a bit more.  Coleman and Henry are the two best lotto tickets to have,  Coleman has some flex value.

I think you should wait out Cam a bit more.  Coleman and Henry are the two best lotto tickets to have,  Coleman has some flex value.
Yeah, I just feel like I have a lotta wasted points on my bench. Realistically, I'm not going to start Coleman over CMC or start Watkins over Hill so why not try to move them for points I can actually put in my starting lineup?

You do own Freeman as well.  I want a share of that offense if he forbid goes down.  I think Cam starts turning it around and it's not like Goff has a bad matchup this week either.  I'm lower on Dak then most though.  I think he'll end up being a better QB than fantasy QB.

Thanks. Yeah, I definitely drafted Coleman and Henry as insurance so I wouldn't have to have a ####### breakdown if they pulled a DJ. 

I'm curious what Ty Montgomery's redraft value now looks like.

We play 2RB + W/R/T flex and my current RBs are Zeke, CJ Anderson, Doug Martin, and Chris Carson. He'd probably flip me one for one, but I might be able to add in additional players to get more value if I would need to. Should I even bother considering trading for Ty's possibility of returning to RB2-like numbers or avoid?

Users who are viewing this thread