What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***FBG 2017 OFFENSE DEFENSE CONTEST WEEK 1 (1 Viewer)

QuizGuy66

Footballguy
Making a thread in case someone would like to be scoremaster.  I really can't commit to that this year though.  Here's hoping.

Week 1:

Offense: Minnesota

Defense: Buffalo

Hope we can have this this year :) :boxing:

-QG

Offense:  Pittsburgh

Defense:  Buf

I'll take a stab at keeping score.  May miss a week here and there but can catch up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes!  Excited for this again.

Offense:  Atlanta
Defense:  Buffalo

To anyone who doesn't know what this is, it's a pretty awesome and fun little contest, jump in!

I'm not so sure we need someone to keep a running tally for every player.  I think we can get by on the honor system since there is nothing at stake.

Offense:  Carolina

Defense:  LA Rams

I'm not so sure we need someone to keep a running tally for every player.  I think we can get by on the honor system since there is nothing at stake.

Offense:  Carolina

Defense:  LA Rams
Ya it's just nice to see the standings.  But maybe we can still do the "last week was at, this week got, total I'm at" in each of our posts and that way it will be really easy for someone to chart it every few weeks.

Ya it's just nice to see the standings.  But maybe we can still do the "last week was at, this week got, total I'm at" in each of our posts and that way it will be really easy for someone to chart it every few weeks.
Yeah that is true.  I plan on posting the teams I've used and the running total that I believe I have.

What are the rules here?
You pick an Offense and a Defense each week.  Can't replicate the same offense or the same defense twice in a year (like a survivor pool).  Your score for the week is how ever many points the offense puts up, less how ever many points the defense allows. 

Ex.  If you think Denver scores the most points this week (or maybe you think its Green Bay but want to save them for a week when they play against a worse Defense), then Denver is your offense.  Then you think The Rams don't allow many points, they're you're D.  If Denver puts up 40 points and Rams allow 10 points, your score for the week is 40-10=30. 

Add up your score all year and at the end there's a fake prize for the winner.  Lots of fun though.

(you can also use the same offense and defense in the SAME week if you'd like, but still only can use that offense once all year and that defense once all year)

Yes!  Excited for this again.

Offense:  Atlanta
Defense:  Buffalo

To anyone who doesn't know what this is, it's a pretty awesome and fun little contest, jump in!
:yes:

Yeah that is true.  I plan on posting the teams I've used and the running total that I believe I have.
Should be the standard for all.

Week 1

O: Minnesota

D: Buffalo

Users who are viewing this thread