What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GAME 1 Has Arrived: The New England Patriots Vs. The Kansas City Chiefs (1 Viewer)

I have a gut feeling that hunt is exposed tonight as a promising good back that is simply rushed too soon. The chiefs get pushed around and embarrased, prompting Reid to play change up with RBS in the next few weeks. 

On the patriots side of the ball, tomorrow people will be saying rex=blount from past few years. That may be misleading because the patriots won't be in this position every week. 

White or Lewis (guessing Lewis) will emerge as that don't all guy that is going to be playable each week in ppr. 

Brady tosses or runs himself for 4 TDs tonight. Not crazy over the top but enough to serve notice. 

Gronk, Tyreek, Cooks, and Burkhead are the big stars tonight......Close game with NE winning 31-28.

I have a gut feeling that hunt is exposed tonight as a promising good back that is simply rushed too soon. The chiefs get pushed around and embarrased, prompting Reid to play change up with RBS in the next few weeks. 

On the patriots side of the ball, tomorrow people will be saying rex=blount from past few years. That may be misleading because the patriots won't be in this position every week. 

White or Lewis (guessing Lewis) will emerge as that don't all guy that is going to be playable each week in ppr. 

Brady tosses or runs himself for 4 TDs tonight. Not crazy over the top but enough to serve notice. 
Why Lewis? Just curious... I always thought White had this role locked up. Surprised to see this

Didn't plan on having so much riding on the opening game, but I've got Brady, Cooks, Hunt and LB D.Johnson going tonight.  Let's have a high-scoring game, gentlemen.  Something like 38-23 Pats?

If he does, I'd caution owners not freak out. Getting out-gameplanned is a grand old Pats tradition by now.
Yes, would have little bearing on how I view him long term. You couldn't ask for a much worse than to premier against the world champion Patriots on opening night. Reminds me of Ingram's debut 6 years ago against the super bowl defending Green Bay Packers on opening night and all the folks immediately labeling him a bust after rushing for only 40 yards on 3ypc.

FWIW I am sitting Hunt in my dynasty league for Cook, and starting Hunt in my redraft league over Abdullah. So I would guess something like 50 or 60 rushing yards but 4~5 catches for a middling fantasy result for his first outing.

Gilly with 2 tonight
KC was 19th against fantasy backs and they do not have DT Dontari Poe. Gillislee should be able to find the end zone against the Chiefs, he'll eventually carve out a role similar to Blount from the last year, but it's best not to assume anything about head coach Bill Belichick's game plan for Week 1. *nobody outside of Bill Belichick knows what the Patriots' plan is at RB this year (or any year).  :shark:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Lewis? Just curious... I always thought White had this role locked up. Surprised to see this
I think people are automatically assuming White because of the game he had last time we saw him but with the injury to Julian, Lewis, to me, seems like the ideal guy that can catch all the short passes coming out of the backfield, can be a slot receiver, and, most importantly, can stay in the game and let the Patriots give a legit presence that they might just run the ball. Lewis actually does a good job as a runner and is as good or better a pass protector as White.  They just seem fungible enough to where the differences DO stand out to me and i think Lewis can do more things.  

And not that it gives me any credibility at all for the sake of my comment now, but back when Lewis first had FF impact, I was one of the first people on that thread stating the reasons I thought he would be fantasy relevant and those reasons were the same things I see now. I just look at him and think, "yeah, this can work. This is a Patriot kind of guy that can do things."  The issue is and always has been staying healthy with Lewis. Otherwise, he's got all the things he needs to be very good. He can be somebody's Shady McCoy.

Just one guy's opinion. 

Coming off a SB victory and with Goodell in the house...you're crazy if you think the Patriots aren't trying to run this one up if possible. 

Chiefs fan:

Hunt looks good, gets typical KC RB usage inc. lots of RZ work. Hill picks up right where he left off last year and smokes fools left and right. Brady shreds it, Alex Whiff doesn't. 14-17 point Pats win. 

Users who are viewing this thread