What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Equifax hack exposes personal info of 143 million people (1 Viewer)

It also says they were unscheduled trades. It seems highly unlikely that 3 executives all sold in the same few days right after the company found out they suffered a huge hack just coincidentally.
I agree.  Information like this moves like wildfire through a corporation.  But, I assume they have plausible deniability and what not.

Oh okay so I need to input my personal info into an equifax site to discover if my personal info that equifax possessed, was hacked? Can you just come and take my car keys too?
My BIL sent us this link and my wife put all out info in when I got home. I asked "how do you know that link wasn't the hack?"

She claims it's a CNN Money site. The URL may say that, but who knows. 

Have been paying for credit monitoring since the state of SC got department of revenue hacked.  Thanks Haley...

What the hell is this?  I fill out my last name and last 6 digits of ssn and all it says is something about enrollment date for TrustedID Premier.  I was kinda was expected more of a yes/no of whether my identity was about to get bent over.
This is where I'm at as well.

I went there and entered my info but it didn't say clear or not clear. Just gave me a future date where I could sign up. What am I missing here?
I think this is where we are too. It gave us some kind of TrustedID number. And probably we have a bunch of new mortgages now that we don't know about. 

I got the warning from our credit monitoring system.  Went to the linked site to check. Mine and youngest said that we were not compromised.  Wife and oldest said that we needed to come back on the 12th and apply for their monitoring as the were potentially breached.  SMH.

OH YEAH?  WELL YOURE COMPROMISED NOW, SUCKERS!!!

:divesintoavaultofbitcoinlikescroogemcduck: 

Shark move is to open up a bunch of new credit cards and travel around the country ordering a bunch of stuff and then say hey that wasn't me, just look at the location of the purchases.

Zaxxon said:
I went there and entered my info but it didn't say clear or not clear. Just gave me a future date where I could sign up. What am I missing here?
So it didn't say something like the bolded below?

Thank You

Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information was not impacted by this incident.

Click the button below to continue your enrollment in TrustedID Premier

For more information visit the FAQ page.

The link to check if you were affected is reportedly legit, but it couldn't possibly have been done more poorly by Equifax. 

Instead of setting up a sub-domain under Equifax, they setup a site with a totally phishy looking name that is a non-Equifax domain signed with a CloudFlare DV SSL cert with an expired CRL.

The results it gives are then sort of confusing, tells you to come back to be enrolled in credit monitoring if you were affected instead of allowing you to enroll immediately (my guess is they're hoping you forget and then don't enroll), or they try to sucker you into signing up for credit monitoring even if you weren't affected.

And the credit monitoring is reportedly only for a year. That is some serious garbage. If you collect every piece of identifying information you can on everyone without their consent, and use that information to directly affect their financial life, and allow that info to be stolen, you should be forced to provide credit monitoring for a lifetime for everyone affected.

Better yet, the federal government should make it illegal to use SSNs as identifiers and authenticators outside of federal government use.

And the credit monitoring is reportedly only for a year. That is some serious garbage. If you collect every piece of identifying information you can on everyone without their consent, and use that information to directly affect their financial life, and allow that info to be stolen, you should be forced to provide credit monitoring for a lifetime for everyone affected.
After a year, you will be auto-enrolled in their $19.99 per month credit monitoring.

If companies like this are going to retain our personal information without our consent (and personally, I don't think that practice should be allowed in the first place), they need to be strictly regulated and subject to severe penalties when they fail to protect that information.

If companies like this are going to retain our personal information without our consent (and personally, I don't think that practice should be allowed in the first place), they need to be strictly regulated and subject to severe penalties when they fail to protect that information.
For practical purposes you give your consent when you apply for or are granted credit. 

Users who are viewing this thread