What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Late Swap (1 Viewer)

topman

Footballguy
I have not played much on Draft Kings so I have not used the swap after the games start. Now that FanDuel uses it for most contest. Does this change strategies after the games start and if so how do you normally make decisions on when to change? Does this also make it so you enter more Thursday contests?

Best use is when you are behind the cash line and you pretty much know you have the same player(s) as most everyone else. Swap out these guys for some scrubs and hope it works out. 

Also good for GTD guys especially on DK with the flex. I have Beckham currently as my flex but if he doesn't play or I get cold feet can swap to Zeke,Dez Marshall or guys from Mon.

Would you guys make changes in this type of scenario....it's a 100 man competition so the top 12 pay.  5 teams had Hunt.  3 teams had Hunt and Tyreek and the other 2 had Hunt and Cooks.  I'd say the odds are pretty good that those 5 teams will finish in the top 12 specially since Hunt and Tyreek were very affordable.  These teams still have some studs to play and probably a Johnson/Bell.

Does my strategy change to a super stack where I swing for the fences?

Cam/DJ/McCaffrey/Benjamin/Fitz/Adams/Olsen/Gostowski/Bills <----- Carolina super stack

Carr/DJ/MCcaffrey/Cooper/Crabtree/Fitz/Rudolph/Gostowski/Bills <----- Raiders super stack

Wilson/DJ/McCaffrey/Baldwin/Pryor/Fitz/Graham/Gostowski/Bills <------ Seahawks super stack?

I've never been a fan of a super stack. The issue is that you're relatively limited in points. Has it worked before sure, but more likely than not it does not work out. 

I'm more of a fan of a game stack, where you start a qb/wr from the same team and a wr from the opposite team. Or a double stack, start qb with wr/te and then start a rb and a def from the same team. 

I typically avoid the super stacks as well when I initially pick my lineup.  My thoughts have only started to change for competitions like the one I explained above where it looks like I need a home run.  The 95 teams that didn't pick Hunt are fighting for 7 spots essentially.  I do not like my odds.

I've never been a fan of a super stack. The issue is that you're relatively limited in points. Has it worked before sure, but more likely than not it does not work out. 

I'm more of a fan of a game stack, where you start a qb/wr from the same team and a wr from the opposite team. Or a double stack, start qb with wr/te and then start a rb and a def from the same team. 
@Devin Knotts -  I was curious on your take of a QB/RB stack to differentiate a bit in gpp.  Would have to be a pass catching one, but something like Ben/Bell.  Also, IF you were to take a QB, and 2 targets for a super stack, is there a certain salary amt that you would think about to stay under for the combo or stack?  ie something like Eli/Marshall/Shepard would have a bit more Pt/$ upside than Ben/AB/Bryant.  

Users who are viewing this thread