massraider

Snap Counts 2.0 2017 edition

329 posts in this topic

A couple of LB questions....

Is Kwiatkoski officially out for the season?  Everything I read on Monday indicated that he was done, but everything I'm reading today says he is "likely" out for the year, pending MRI results.  And I don't see anything definitive in the past 24 hours plus (not to mention he's listed as questionable for Week 3).  I'm assuming it's just a matter of time before he's on IR, but figured it would have happened by now.

Any thoughts on Hayes Pullard, who is playing more snaps than Toomer for the Chargers?  He's a guy that I drafted in a couple of leagues, stashed, then dropped due to limited taxi spots.  Wondering if he's once again a good stash (or is he more than that?).

15 hours ago, ChicagoArch said:

Jordan Richards dropped from 42 snaps down to 16. Belichick gonna Belichick. Elandon Roberts, the run stuffer, jumped up to over 50% of snaps against one of the most pass-happy teams in the league. Belichick gonna Belichick. 4th Round Rookie, Deatrich Wise, still isn’t getting a substantial snap count, only 28 of 65 snaps. But Wise put up 2 solos, both for a loss, including 1 sack and totaled 5 QB hits. He has a ton of potential. If he starts playing 60%-80% of snaps, look out.

Kenny Vaccaro got benched on Sunday. Too much of Gronk having his way with him. Vonn Bell, who only played 6 snaps week 1, jumped up to 33 snaps in Week 2. He put together 3 solos and 2 assists.

49ers at Seahawks

I’ll be keeping an eye on K’Waun Williams. Williams played 54 snaps as slot corner, up from 29 in Week 1. He had 4 solos, 2 assists and 2 PDs. Dontae Johnson is the other starting CB across from Rashard Robinson. Johnson has played 100% two weeks in a row. This week he had 2 solos and 2 assists after 2 solos last week. When these guys face an actual passing offense, they could put up stats. But Carolina in Week 1 and Russell Wilson with no O-Line don’t offer a lot of opportunity for opposing CBs.

Shaquille Griffin’s stock seemed to drop quickly. After playing 77 of 82 snaps in Week 1, Griffin dropped to 20 of 49 snaps in Week 2. He also didn’t produce a stat. I can’t find any information on an injury. Jeremy Lane was healthy for this game and played 100% of snaps. Lane had 5 solos. Lane will be one of those rare CBs who starts on the outside in base but moves inside in the nickel, making him very valuable. Lane may have been dropped in your league...

Just to note the two things that jumped out at me, both injury issues that need to be watched/mentioned.

Elandon Roberts snaps jumped way up b/c Hightower did not play. 

Lane is a good player to grab but so was Shead last year, but he's been out with an injury. Anyone that adds Lane needs to be aware that Shead will probably return at some point this year and you will need to monitor news for Shead's name popping up as activated.

18 minutes ago, Golden Gopher said:

Is Kwiatkoski officially out for the season?  Everything I read on Monday indicated that he was done, but everything I'm reading today says he is "likely" out for the year, pending MRI results.  And I don't see anything definitive in the past 24 hours plus (not to mention he's listed as questionable for Week 3).  I'm assuming it's just a matter of time before he's on IR, but figured it would have happened by now.

Any thoughts on Hayes Pullard, who is playing more snaps than Toomer for the Chargers?  He's a guy that I drafted in a couple of leagues, stashed, then dropped due to limited taxi spots.  Wondering if he's once again a good stash (or is he more than that?).

I am not sure why it's unofficial still on Kwiat, but pectoral usually means torn so he's very likely to hit IR by tonight/tomorrow. 

Pullard is certainly a stash (re-stash? lol) and definitely has the opportunity to be more than that if he's completely taking over for Toomer. 

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Golden Gopher said:

Kwiatkowski is on IR.  He's eligible to return.  I'm holding him in hopes he does, there will be monster tackles available if so.  Pullard is keeping the seat warm for Perryman and might be a cut by week 10, Choosing between him and Kwiatkoswki  I'd rather hold for Kwiatkoswki I think he has much better long term potential.

2 people like this

Just now, Hankmoody said:

Kwiatkowski is on IR.  He's eligible to return.  I'm holding him in hopes he does, there will be monster tackles available if so.  Pullard is keeping the seat warm for Perryman and might be a cut by week 10, Choosing between him and Kwiatkoswki  I'd rather hold for Kwiatkoswki I think he has much better long term potential.

Yeah, I wasn't questioning who has more value.  I've been very high on Kwiatkoski since he was drafted, and still am.  I was just wondering what his status was (for sure headed to IR versus "likely").  The fact that he may return later in the year definitely helps, though.  Ironically, I just promoted him from taxi to my starting lineup in three leagues on Sunday morning.  Within a couple of hours, he was likely headed to IR.  Sometimes, this hobby is simply nothing more than a war of attrition, it seems.  

As for Pullard, I was just wondering if there is a specific reason why Pullard is seeing more action than Toomer, given how Toomer was the hot pickup when Perryman went down (at least in the eyes of many).  

Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

I am not sure why it's unofficial still on Kwiat, but pectoral usually means torn so he's very likely to hit IR by tonight/tomorrow. 

Pullard is certainly a stash (re-stash? lol) and definitely has the opportunity to be more than that if he's completely taking over for Toomer. 

Pretty much what I was thinking.  Thanks.  

2 minutes ago, Golden Gopher said:

Yeah, I wasn't questioning who has more value.  I've been very high on Kwiatkoski since he was drafted, and still am.  I was just wondering what his status was (for sure headed to IR versus "likely").  The fact that he may return later in the year definitely helps, though.  Ironically, I just promoted him from taxi to my starting lineup in three leagues on Sunday morning.  Within a couple of hours, he was likely headed to IR.  Sometimes, this hobby is simply nothing more than a war of attrition, it seems.  

As for Pullard, I was just wondering if there is a specific reason why Pullard is seeing more action than Toomer, given how Toomer was the hot pickup when Perryman went down (at least in the eyes of many).  

Thank you.

Toomer is nearly 29 and pretty much JAG - I think he's on his 5th team now, and he graded out pretty poorly last year.  He was the hot commodity I think just because he racked up a ton of tackles last year replacing Perryman and Brown sporadically.  You don't have to be faster than the bearsyndrome.  Toomer wasn't so bad he got benched, but he was bad enough he would/should have been had they had anyone better to play.  Now they do.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Toomer is nearly 29 and pretty much JAG - I think he's on his 5th team now, and he graded out pretty poorly last year.  He was the hot commodity I think just because he racked up a ton of tackles last year replacing Perryman and Brown sporadically.  You don't have to be faster than the bearsyndrome.  Toomer wasn't so bad he got benched, but he was bad enough he would/should have been had they had anyone better to play.  Now they do.

Makes sense.  Thanks.

I'll echo the sentiments of praise of this thread.   It pretty much serves as a one-stop for current IDP content.   Thanks!  With some uncertainty with Vaccaro  I am looking to target an up-trending safety like Farley or Daniel Sorensen.   I was more interested in Farley initially, but from reading through notes regarding Sorensen's nickel snaps at linebacker (along with his 3 qb hits), I'm super intrigued by him.  I've seen some buzz about him, but I'm wondering if there's not enough.   

Edited by Rushmore
*spelling

34 minutes ago, Rushmore said:

I'll echo the sentiments of praise of this thread.   It pretty much serves as a one-stop for current IDP content.   Thanks!  With some uncertainty with Vaccaro  I am looking to target an up-trending safety like Farley or Daniel Sorensen.   I was more interested in Farley initially, but from reading through notes  regarding Sorensen's nickel snaps at linebacker (along with his 3 qb hits), I'm super intrigued by him.  I've seen some buzz about him, but I'm wondering if there's not enough.   

Not trying to monopolize the thread with this topic, but upon further reading, I see where he played LB in subpackages last season as well? Should I temper my enthusiasm on him, or does the injury to Berry boost his prospects for this season (in comparison to last season)?

Edited by Rushmore

The difference this season for Sorensen is that last season, he didn't get base snaps - just nickel linebacker.  Now he's SS on base snaps and LB on nickle.  Pretty much the best role you can ask for a safety, especially since it helps him stay with a S designation instead of LB.

4 people like this

I'm not sure there's two safeties I like more for THIS season than Farley and Sorensen.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, massraider said:

I'm not sure there's two safeties I like more for THIS season than Farley and Sorensen.

Tyvon and I just turned our noses up at you! :)

1 person likes this

Two DEs with limited snaps have me wondering why. Ziggy Ansah and Chris Jones.  I believe Ziggy might be injury protection driven (limiting snaps limits chance to get injured). but what is keeping Chris Jones snap count down?

8 hours ago, massraider said:

Farley could be back on the bench once (IF) Geathers is cleared.

1 hour ago, Young 8 said:

Is Geathers expected to return this season or are you talking the future? I don't recall Geathers injury which IR he was placed on. 

10 minutes ago, The Claymaker said:

Is Geathers expected to return this season or are you talking the future? I don't recall Geathers injury which IR he was placed on. 

he was placed on the pup

1 person likes this

Geathers had neck surgery and was placed on PUP, out the first 6 but neck injuries can easily wipe out a full season. No guarantees he'll return this year and no timetable.

2 people like this

Whom seems to have the best season long prospects out of Pullard, Hull, or Christian Jones?  Could use some depth and these guys all seem like they could potentially be useful for that.  Jones seems to have the least competition with fully working pectorals and that defense could see a ton of snaps.

5 hours ago, Young 8 said:

Definitely possible, but I like how Farley has played thus far, and everything I have read about Geathers (I loved him last year as well) is that no one is counting on him.  

31 minutes ago, massraider said:

Definitely possible, but I like how Farley has played thus far, and everything I have read about Geathers (I loved him last year as well) is that no one is counting on him.  

There was also a random blurb (it's still on his roto page) from a beat reporter in February suggesting Geathers could see work as a LB, which is very intriguing, especially if he gets a chance to play the hybrid style role that has resulted in some stud scoring depending on designation & scoring rules. Seems fragile this early in his career but could be a very good payoff from an IR stash for any leagues that use IR. (he's holding an IR spot for me)

1 hour ago, Men-in-Cleats said:

Whom seems to have the best season long prospects out of Pullard, Hull, or Christian Jones?  Could use some depth and these guys all seem like they could potentially be useful for that.  Jones seems to have the least competition with fully working pectorals and that defense could see a ton of snaps.

Apparently Kwiatkoski could return this season....

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Men-in-Cleats said:

Pullard will lose snaps to Perryman when he comes off IR + both Perryman and Brown are under contract for next year.

No strong opinion on the other two - both have no competition this year and an unknown future beyond week 17.  I chose Hull simply because they're saying there's a chance Kwiatkoski returns.  Given that injury I don't understand how that's possible though.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Men-in-Cleats said:

None are great, but Hull hasn't shown he can't.  Pullard is on his 3rd team and Jones has been handed 4 or 5 shots at starting and has never grasped a job.  Hull we can at least say he hasn't dropped his chance yet. 

I don't like Stephone Anthony's effect on Hull.  I dumped him back onto the waiver wire.

8 hours ago, Young 8 said:

Navorro Bowman looks done to me, can't stop anybody anymore.

Change of direction skills are just not there.  I think it'd be a different story with Foster in there, keep Bowman contained inside the box - still limited though.

1 hour ago, MAC_32 said:

Change of direction skills are just not there.  I think it'd be a different story with Foster in there, keep Bowman contained inside the box - still limited though.

Have to agree with this.

7 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Agreed.   He looked ok near goal line where he didn't have to occupy as much open field, but definitely not what he once was.  Dude used to rack up 10 solos like it was nothing back before his injuries.

Tavon Wilson ruled out this week. Miles Killebrew should put up big numbers against Atlanta. I'm going for upside and starting him over some solid options.

4 people like this

Also, with Jarad Davis out, Tahir Whitehead seems like a must start. 

I'll be keeping an eye out for Reeves-Maybin.

If he doesn't get a lot of snaps, that pretty damning.

10 hours ago, massraider said:

Also, with Jarad Davis out, Tahir Whitehead seems like a must start. 

I'll be keeping an eye out for Reeves-Maybin.

If he doesn't get a lot of snaps, that pretty damning.

Given the injury he is coming back from I would not expect more than a part time role. 

Josh Jones had a monster game and according to the GameBook he started as....ILB.

:ph34r:

2 people like this

Quick hits from yesterday. Some of the snap counts are because of injury and some appear to be a Changing of the Guard.

* While Reuben is out, Ray Ray 99%

*Jimmy Ward 100%, Tartt 72%, Lorenzo Jerome 27%...Tartrate injury

* Thomas Davis 68%, Shaq 91%

* Sean Davis 60%,  J Wilcox 54% ...injury

* Cooper 60%, Amukamura 56%, Callahan 90% and had a huge game. Fuller played full time.

* Trevathan 97%, Christian Jones 50%, Timu 27%, Anderson 0%

* Zettel, Ansah, C Wash all about 50%, watch out for George Johnson in super deep leagues, back in town and played 27%, had the best year of his life in Detroit 3 years ago.

*Hooker 100%, Farley and Butler split 66%/48%

* Jerremiah George 9%, Morrison back to his role at 70%

* M Nicholson 80%, Deshazor down to 27%. Nicholson graded very highly on PFF.

* Spaight 90%, Compton zero with Mason Foster out.

* Toomer back to his role, 79%

* With Brice out, Packers stayed 89% nitro but with Brice out the 4th Safety (89% snaps) was M Evans and the two cb's were Ranadall and King

* With McCleod out, Maragos 100% SS

* SS T Brooks  from the jets played 49%, so I assume Adams taking some of Lee's snaps at LB with Brooks and Maye at Safety, Maye, Adams, and Demario 100%. Demario highest grade of the week from PFF if I remember right.

* Lawrence Thomas Jets DE, zero defensive snaps, 22% RB/FB snaps, almost housed a TD, looked athletic as hell.

* Desmond King 62% cb snaps, 3 kick returns.

* Robert Quinn splitting evenly with Longacre at 50%, Barwin 90% on the other side.

*Onwuasor55%, Correa23%, and Levine22% still playing 100% next to Mosely but the share is growing for the former

*Hicks hurt, he played 20% and Mychal Kendricks 80%

*Miami DE Harris still playing 50% of the snaps, just a matter of time before he breaks out.

*Woodyard 89%, Avery WIlliamson 40%, Jayon Brown 60%...injury?

Edited by Robar
Change is good
5 people like this

1 minute ago, Young 8 said:

Josh Jones had a monster game and according to the GameBook he started as....ILB.

:ph34r:

Him, Ha Ha, and Burnett played a hundred percent of the snaps, based on Jones numbers compared to Burnett I would say Jones has taken Burnett's place in the Box as a linebacker and Burnett and haha are playing the true safety positions. I'm sure Burnett was close to the line of scrimmage as well though, because M. Evans also played nearly 100% of the snaps so him and haha would have been deep.

3 people like this

Jones was a beast. He made a lot of solo tackles and actually made the tackle. That's why his numbers were so great. He's the fastest defensive player on the team and made good tackles. He should never be less than 100% snaps again. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Robar said:

* Toomer back to his role, 79%

How sure are we about this?  I was about to drop him and now I am not sure. Any news on when Perryman returns?

14 minutes ago, worrierking said:

How sure are we about this?  I was about to drop him and now I am not sure. Any news on when Perryman returns?

UPDATE Sep 21, 2017, 9:21pm

Perryman (ankle) is currently on schedule in his recovery from ankle surgery, Jack Wang of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.

Head coach Anthony Lynn added that Perryman "may be ahead of schedule." The 23-year-old still has a long way to go in his recovery from the mid-August procedure, but if all goes well, he could potentially be designated to return off injured reserve following Week 8.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chargers-denzel-perryman-on-schedule-in-recovery/