What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snap Counts 2.0 2017 edition (2 Viewers)

NO/MIN--Alex Anzalone got 74%, AJ Klein 100%, and those seem to be the LBs to own. I like both their chances. Anazlone looked pretty natural to me out there. Hoping to get some stats from him before he concusses himself out of the league.  8 solos for Klein, seems like a nice starter all season.  Marcus Williams has seemingly surpassed Vonn Bell at FS, I didn't see that coming.  Bell barely played, wow.  Lattimore is a CB starter, opposite Williams, with Breaux on the IR.  Sheldon Rankins with 89% at DT, verry nice.  

For MIN, anyone know why Xavier Rhodes didn't play 100%?  Banged up?  More of the same for MIN, with Sendejo and Harrison Smith the S, Barr and Kendricks the LBs, and Hunter and Grifiin the DE.  Tom Johnson with 73% led the DTs.  I dunno if there's any surprises coming up for us with MIN, seems pretty set at most interesting spots.  
Rhodes missed some time due to cramps.  Went to the locker room for an IV at one point.  Nothing to be worried about.  He should be back to his usual snap count next week. 

LAR/IND--The exciting question that has vexxed IDPers all summer long:  Which IND linebacker to own?? got a little bit of clarity this week.  I guess.  Bostic 100%, Morrison 88%, the rookie Walker with only ST snaps.  This is a situation to keep an eye on, and check the evaluations of their games.  Matthias Farley with a nice debut: 71%, and 10 total tackles.  Darius Butler was at 83%, and Hooker with only 46%, which surprised me.  TJ Green was 95%, and is a S playing CB.  Not good.  IND CBs are worth owning, Melvin had 6 total tackles.  Basically, aside from Luck and a WR or two, IND is a terrible team, and their defense is gonna get a lot of work until he returns.  

None of the Rams defenders did much, because they were playing a high school offense, and never saw the field.  Ogletree and Barron still the LBs, I'd like to know how the team was using Joyner and Alexander at S, because I believe there's value there.  I assume Alexander was in the box more, but Joyner had the stats.  Rams had screwy snap counts, I assume they were using scrubs by the 3rd Q.  Colts suck.
So Butler is out this week. I saw that Hooker is getting the start with Farley. Farley gets SS with Hooker playing FS. Butler might return next week, of course, but Farley is getting a chance here to stick around.

Maybe you 3 should start a podcast together then. Take the IDP podcast world by storm and dominate.
I've considered it, but I have two full time jobs(both I.T. security) and a 5th child due next month spread across 18 years(one of the 5 is also 18 months) and I'll be 44 in November(That's what happens when you marry someone 10 years your junior lol)...I'm exhausted(but might be because I found out yesterday that my vitamin D level is a 10) and my hands are more than full, also need surgery on a torn meniscus. I'm surprised I've been able to contribute in here as much as I have.  I've done very well in IDP leagues for the last 7-8 years because I identify and grab guys like Farley, Bostic, Wise, Humber, and Branch before anyone else is on them due to 10-20 hours/week studying film and googling players(I have no social media accounts and follow nobody on twitter, all my finds/calls are my own) and can then spend all my draft picks, bb, equity, etc on offensive side of the ball. I don't have the time I had the last 10 years to dedicate to my leagues and my teams aren't as dominant as they were because of it. It's probably coming to the point where I may have a year or two left and then I'll need to spend my little free time on things besides fantasy football.  Hope not, I really love it.

Wish I could double like that post. My hands are full with one job, two kids and minor aches and pains. Thanks Robar and everyone else contributing in here! The IDP forum is always my first stop when I get on this site; true knowledge, class and a willingness to share and help. This forum helps me look past the pettiness of the Shark Tank. Thanks Gentlemen!

@Robar , you make me feel really lazy... I've got 1 50-60 hour a week job. And my wife and I only have a dog at the moment.

I started putting together a snap count thread but only got through around 2/3 of the games. Not sure if it's still worth a read as Week 2 has already started. It may be a struggle to get it completely done every week. I'm also trying to track how many points every offense gives up against every position group. I've seen people track offenses vs LB, S, etc. But I'm breaking it down to 4-3 DT, 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE, 4-3 LB, 3-4 OLB and 3-4 ILB because it makes a big difference. Hopefully, in a few weeks, there will be enough data to be useful for the rest of the season.

KC at NE

Derrick Johnson, Justin Houston, Ron Parker and Marcus Peters all played 100% of the snaps Thursday night. Parker put up 10 solos and 1 assist. He played a decent amount of SS but obviously that is subject to change. Ramik Wilson only played 25 snaps. He didn’t produce a snap. Wilson continues to come off the field in subpackages in favor of Daniel Sorensen as Nickel LB. Wilson is also in danger of losing his job to Reggie Ragland when Ragland gets up to speed. Sorensen played 48 snaps and had 3 solos. Last year, Sorensen was useful when you could predict when the Chiefs would play predominantly in the nickel. This year, Sorensen could become an S1. Eric Berry ruptured his achilles, which is a shame as he had almost single-handedly shut down Rob Gronkowski. Berry is done for the year. He’ll be replaced by Sorensen and Eric Murray. If Sorensen plays Safety in base packages and continues playing LB in subpackages, he could put up a ton of stats. Murray only played 13 snaps against NE. Tanoh Kpassagnon didn’t play a single snap. The 2nd Round rookie isn’t ready yet.

Trying to predict what the Patriots defense will do under Belichick is as dangerous as trying to predict their backfield. I say this as someone who, because of OBJ’s untimely preseason injury and Willie Snead’s suspension, had to roll with Dion Lewis as a flex in a deep league, much to the enjoyment of my opponents. Trey Flowers, Kyle Van Noy, Malcolm Butler and Stephon Gilmore all played 100% of the snaps. Devin McCourty played all but 1. McCourty did the most with it, producing 9 solos, 1 assist, 1 TFL and 2 PDs. Flowers had 3 solos, 2 assists and 2 sacks. Van Noy worn the green dot and was the MIKE on every play. He had 5 solos and 1 assist. One interesting story here is Jordan Richards. The former 2nd Rounder played 42 snaps, primarily at MLB next to Van Noy. Richards had mixed results, but a safety getting LB snaps is definitely worth watching. Richards had 5 solos and 1 assist. Odds are, it was a gameplan to get as many DBs on the field against KC as possible. I probably won’t add him off waivers this week, because I want to see next week’s snap counts. Defensive End is a big question mark after Flowers. Traded in the offseason Lawrence Guy (26 snaps), recently traded Cassius March (24 snaps) and 4th Round Rookie Deatrich Wise (18 snaps) all played. March was burned on Kareem Hunt’s long TD reception. Wise got a sack, but only because Alex Smith had fallen down.

ATL at CHI

Deion Jones, Ricardo Allen, Keanu Neal and Robert Alford all played 100% of snaps. The big question all off-season has been Duke Riley vs De’Vondre Campbell. Riley played 49 snaps and had 3 solos and 3 assists. Campbell played 47 snaps and produced 4 solos, 2 assists, 1 PD and 1 QB hit. So I guess we call that a draw… Brooks Reed put up a big stat line with 5 solos, 2 sacks and another TFL. This seems like a fluke to let the other guys in your league chase. Reed was a 2nd Rounder back in 2011. He’s already matched his sack total from last year. His 32 snaps led all DEs for Atlanta, but he had 7 games last year where he played more than 32 snaps. Last year, he totaled 25 tackles and 2 sacks. The chances of this being a Lorenzo Alexander situation seem very small.

Eddie Jackson, Quintin Demps and Marcus Cooper are the only Bears who played 100% of snaps. Jerrell Freeman put together 7 solos, 3 assists and 1 TFL on 56 snaps. The rest of the Bears Safeties totaled as many snaps as I did so the free agent addition Demps and the 4th Round Rookie Jackson are the two to roster. Danny Trevathan played 42 snaps in his first action since rupturing his patellar tendon last season. Trevathan only had 2 solos, but being on the field for 40+ snaps is a great sign for his recovery. It also makes Nick Kwiatkoski (7 snaps) a pure handcuff until… Freeman gets IRed. Jonathan Bullard played 21 snaps. He didn’t produce a stat. He’s still 3rd on the pecking order behind Akiem Hicks and Mitch Unrein. Hicks was a monster with 2 sacks. He just signed an extension with the Bears. He was a real find as a free agent last season. Prince Amukamara’s absence allowed Kyle Fuller to step up with 5 solos, 1 assist and 1 PD while playing 58 snaps. Fuller could be useful again next week against Tampa if Amukamara misses again.

NYJ at BUF

Demario Davis and Marcus Maye both played 100% of snaps. Davis had 8 solos, 6 assists and .5 sack. Leonard Williams and Muhammad Wilkerson both had quiet games. Buffalo has a legit O-line which limits the opposing D-line but creates a ton of tackle opportunities for the opposing LBs. Darron Lee also had 7 solos, 3 assists and 1 sack on 63 snaps. Maye has been a bit of an afterthought as the starting FS. But the Jets don’t play strict SS/FS roles. Maye outtackled Jamal Adams. Maye had 4 solos and 3 assists. Adams had 4 solos, 1 assist, 1 TFL and 1 PD. He played all but 2 snaps. Morris Claiborne (75 snaps) and Buster Skrine (73 snaps) are the two starting CBs. The Jets may not be competitive enough for their starting CBs to be strong fantasy contributors though. Any team not running the clock through the entire 2nd half would be a surprise. Kony Ealy maintained his DE designation. Based on snap counts, it seems like Claude Pelon (17 snaps) is backing up both Williams and Wilkerson while Ealy (43 snaps) is playing OLB. Neither seems to be too useful as Ealy had 2 solos, 2 assists and 1 PD.

Preston Brown, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer and Tre’Davious White played 100% of snaps. Ramon Humber came off the field for 1 snap. Humber also led the team with tackles with 12 solos and 1 assist. Buffalo found success last year with 30+ year old, career special teamer, Lorenzo Alexander. It looks like this year, they’re looking to repeat that formula with Humber as Humber had more tackles than Brown and Alexander combined. This may have been Humber’s best game of the year, but he could provide sustained LB3 value all year which is decent for someone you picked up off the waiver wire. And I can’t imagine there’s going to be a ton of trade value for him this year. Alexander only played 25 snaps. White is the top corner for Buffalo after they traded away Ronald Darby. White had 4 solos and 2 PDs. Against the Jets listless offense, to be productive, you need to supplant with secondary stats because you’re not going to get a ton of tackle opportunities. The Jets QB play shouldn’t make this too hard. Both Hyde and Poyer added interceptions. Poyer also added a sack. No other Safeties played a snap. Shaq Lawson only played 63.8% of snaps vs 79.3% for Jerry Hughes.

BAL at CIN

C.J. Mosley, Tony Jefferson and Brandon Carr all played 100% of snaps. Eric Weddle played all but 1. The big surprise here was Kamalei Correa only playing 27 snaps. He still had 4 solos, 1 assist and 1 TFL. Patrick Onwuasor only had 1 PD on 20 snaps. But it seems like Correa and Onwuasor are splitting Zachary Orr’s old spot. This could lead to disappointment for some who expected Correa to take over Orr’s role fully. Jefferson had 5 solos, 4 assists and 1 sack while Weddle only had 1 solo and 1 assist. After losing Timmy Jernigan and Lawrence Guy, Baltimore’s D-Line was in flux. Brent Urban led the way with 50 snaps. Michael Pierce (38 snaps), Brandon Williams (34 snaps) and Carl Davis (8 snaps) also contributed. Pierce was the only one with a notable stat line with 3 solos, 1 assist and 1 sack. If you’re in a league where 3-4 OLBs are useful, the depth chart now sets up as follows: Matt Judon, Terrell Suggs, Tyus Bowser and ZaDarius Smith.

Nick Vigil, Dre Kirkpatrick and Darqueze Dennard all played 65 snaps. Vigil, Vincent Rey and Kevin Minter all put up good games with double digit tackles. Michael Johnson is currently in the concussion protocol. Carlos Dunlap led DEs with 55 snaps. Chris Smith played 28 snaps while Jordan Willis played 26 snaps. The Houston Texans, who Cincy plays on Thursday night, gave up 10 sacks to the Jags. Chris Smith is available in even most very deep leagues and could be an easy shot at a sack Thursday night. Anyone who missed it in the preseason, the story of how Smith ended up a Bengal is definitely worth a read. You should google it. Willis could also be worth a start depending on how deep your league is. Clayton Fejedelem got the start with Shawn Williams injured. Fejedelem played 52 snaps and had 2 solos and 1 assist.

PIT at CLE

Ryan Shazier and Sean Davis played 100% of snaps. Artie Burns and Joe Haden both played 65 out of 66 snaps. Vince Williams played 55 snaps and put up 4 solos and 1 assist. I expected more from V-Will. Hopefully, this was just a down game for him. Stephon Tuitt played only 2 snaps before having to leave with an injury. In those 2 snaps, he had 1 solo TFL. It sounds like he could be back as early as next week, although I would give him a week to recover. Tyson Alualu picked up snaps while Tuitt was out. On 54 snaps, Alualu had 2 solos and 3 assists. T.J. Watt had a solid game with 2 sacks, 6 solos and 1 assist on 62 snaps. Anthony Chickillo also had 2 sacks, although his opportunity is due to Bud Dupree’s absence. Javon Hargrave has great potential in DT-required leagues. On 25 snaps as the starting NT, Hargrave had 3 solos and 1 sack. The Steelers sacked DeShone Kizer 7 times. Cleveland made substantial improvements to their O-line, but when a rookie holds on the ball for too long, it leads to sacks. The Ravens and Colts face the Browns the next two weeks, so I’m not sure there’s much to exploit here.

Joe Schobert, Christian Kirksey, Jabrill Peppers, Jason McCourty and Jamar Taylor played all 60 snaps. Jamie Collins played 59 snaps. This answers the question about whether Schobert will play all 3 downs. In LA last season, Gregg Williams played his top 2 LBs over a 1,000 snaps. His 3rd LB played 90 snaps on the season. Williams picks his base depending on his personnel and sticks to it. If you can still get Schobert for a decent price in a trade, it will be worth it. Schobert led the team with 9 combined tackles. In Myles Garrett’s absence, Emmanuel Ogbah had the most snaps at DE with 42. Carl Nassib followed with 40 snaps. Nate Orchard (18 snaps) and Tyrone Holmes (16 snaps) provided depth. Nassib had a sack. Jabrill Peppers is the big name at Safety for Cleveland. Peppers had 4 solos and 1 PD. Derrick Kindred is still flying slightly under the radar. He was dropped in some leagues. On 40 snaps, Kindred had 2 solos, 1 assist and 1 PD. Peppers isn’t playing box safety as many expected when the Browns drafted him so Kindred should have plenty of tackle opportunities. Briean Boddy-Calhoun played 47 snaps as the 3rd CB. Continue watching snap counts if you stream CBs in CB-required leagues.

ARI at DET

Chandler Jones, Tyrann Mathieu, Tyvon Branch and Patrick Peterson all played 100% of snaps. In case you haven’t heard, Branch, not Antoine Bethea is the starting SS. Bethea played 60 snaps in sub packages. Arizona’s scheme provides tons of opportunities for Safeties. Branch led the team with 10 solos, 1 assist and 2 PDs. Bethea still had a solid game with 4 solos, 1 assist and 1 PD. Karlos Dansby played 68 of 71 snaps at ILB. Dansby had 5 solos and 2 assists. Hassan Reddick played base downs and had  6 solos, 2 assists and 1.5 TFLs on 41 snaps. Josh Bynes played subpackages and had 30 snaps. Justin Bethel played 69 snaps. In CB-required leagues, Bethel could be very valuable as whoever starts opposite Peterson will get targeted quite a bit. With Robert Nkemdiche out, Frostee Rucker may be the only d-linemen to keep an eye on. Rucker played 44 snaps and put together 2 solos, 1 assist and 1.5 TFLs.

Jarrad Davis, Glover Quinn and Darius Slay all played 70 snaps. Miles Killebrew had 3 solos, 1 TFL, 2 PDs and 1 Pick-six. He did all that on 29 snaps. Unfortunately for teams with Killebrew on their roster, Tavon Wilson played all but 1 snap. Wilson had 3 solos and 1 PD. Killebrew is still just a subpackage player that Detroit brings in on 3rd downs and in big nickels. Most savvy IDP players will check snap counts before trading for a player after a big week. If you can trade away Killebrew for a ransom, go for it, but otherwise, you’re waiting for next year in the hope that Detroit doesn’t resign the pending-UFA Wilson. With Kerry Hyder out for the season, the Lions are relying on Cornelius Washington and Anthony Zettel. Out of 74 snaps, Ezekiel Ansah played 34, Zettel played 46 and Washington played 40. If you picked up Zettel, you picked up the right guy. Zettel had 3 solos and 1 sack. Washington didn’t produce a stat. They may be keeping the seat warm for Armonty Bryant who’s currently suspended but will be the #2 pass rusher when he can return to the field. For LB, past Davis, Tahir Whitehead played 51 snaps and Paul Worrilow played 12. Whitehead added 2 solos and 3 assists.

JAX as HOU

Myles Jack, Telvin Smith, A.J. Bouye and Jalen Ramsey all played 100% of snaps. Tashaun Gipson played all but 1 snap. Barry Church played all but 3 snaps. The Jags were in the nickel for almost the entire game as Aaron Colvin played 71 snaps vs Paul Posluszny, who topped out at 8 snaps. Everyone who was scared off of Jack when the Jags moved him back to SAM are now sorely disappointed. Jack was all over the field with 8 solos, 6 assists and 1.5 TFLs. The DE rotation for Jacksonville is important to watch. Calais Campbell played 63 snaps. Yannick Ngakoue greatly surpassed Dante Fowler 59 to 35. Dawuane Smoot played 16 snaps. The Houston O-Line definitely seems like something to target. Campbell had 4 solos, 2 assists and 4 sacks. Ngakoue added 3 solos, 1 assist and 2 sacks. Fowler had 3 solos and 1 sack.

No Texans played 100% of defensive snaps. Benardrick McKinney played the most at 59. He had 3 solos and 6 assists. Outside of McKinney and the CBs, Houston IDPs disappointed. The Jags may be a matchup to avoid for IDP. They obviously want to run the ball with Fournette and take the ball out of Bortles hands. This could limit tackle opportunities and big play opportunities for opposing IDPs. Brian Cushing played 32 snaps before exiting with a concussion. This allowed extra opportunities for Zach Cunningham, who played 28 snaps. For CB-required leagues, Kevin Johnson played the most snaps (53) over Kareem Jackson (45 snaps) and Johnathan Joseph (42 snaps). D.J. Reader took over for retired Vince Wilfork. Reader had 2 solos and 3 assists.

OAK at TEN

Khalil Mack, Reggie Nelson, Karl Joseph and David Amerson all played 100% of snaps. Bruce Irvin played all but 1. The Raiders LB positions have been the biggest question all preseason. Corey James played 60 snaps. Tyrell Adams added 41 snaps while Marquel Lee played 21. Adams did the most damage of the three with 4 solos and 3 assists.

Kevin Byard and Logan Ryan were the only two Titans to play 100% of snaps on defense. Byard has been overshadowed by Jonathan Cyprien but Byard isn’t the FS. Byard and Cyprien both play sides and they take turns lining up in the box. Byard outplayed Cyprien. Byard put together 8 solos while Cyprien wanted 4 solos and 3 assists. Cyprien will miss several weeks with a hamstring injury, opening the door for Da’Norris Searcy who only played 11 snaps against Oakland. Adoree Jackson had 4 solos and 2 PDs on 62 snaps. Jackson got picked on quite a bit. He only started because LeShaun Sims was out with an injury. If Sims returns to health, Jackson’s snaps may be limited. If you’re not playing in a return yardage league, you may not want to rely on Jackson. Update: Jackson has been named the starter moving forward. I'm not playing him this week against the Jags though because Bortles only completed 11 passes last week.  Ryan only had 1 solo. With Jackson starting across from Ryan, Ryan may not get targeted enough to produce consistent stats. Wesley Woodyard played the most of Titans’ ILB with 50 snaps. Avery Williamson followed up with 43 snaps. The rookie Jayon Brown played 37 snaps. Woodyard had the best game of the three with 5 solos, 3 assists and 1 sacks.

For the record, I picked up Chris Smith and started him in a deep league Thursday night. Very satisfied with his production. But he's solely a pass rusher and played fewer snaps than Jordan Willis. If someone makes me an offer for him this week based on his solid game, I will accept almost anything, because I'd only be willing to start Smith against teams with very questionable O-Lines. Week 4 and Week 12 against Cleveland if Kizer keeps taking a ton of sacks, and Week 8 against the Colts might be it.

Dark timeline for Bears fans.  Jerrell Freeman's on I/R... even Christian Jones is "questionable" w/ an injured back.  I didn't see the game - who came in for him?  The snap count page implies it was a dude named Jonathan Anderson (w/ 12 snaps - none week 1).

Dark timeline for Bears fans.  Jerrell Freeman's on I/R... even Christian Jones is "questionable" w/ an injured back.  I didn't see the game - who came in for him?  The snap count page implies it was a dude named Jonathan Anderson (w/ 12 snaps - none week 1).
It was Anderson, he'd be next after Jones. Anderson started three or four games last year and it one point the Bears considered him a future starter for them long term

I'm going to speak this text while I'm driving and I'm not going to proofread it so bear with me but I wanted to get a few things out first being the Colts defense, Farley has clearly established himself as the starting strong safety, he started 100% of the snaps correct that played a hundred percent of the snaps last week as did hooker the only two inside linebackers to play a snap or Jon Bostic and Jeremiah George Jeremiah George plate 79% and Bostic play 200% Jeremiah George got the fourth highest grade of the game from profootballfocus they were very impressed with him on all three Downs it looks like he was replaced on about 20% of the downs but it wasn't buying inside linebacker so it was either by an extra corner or an extra safety I think George and Bostic are going to get a chance to be the duo moving forward, I know Walker was a scratch because of an injury so it's possible Walker slides in next to Bostic but I think it's going to be Bostick and George moving forward. There were lots of good articles on George in the preseason and I think the Colts want to know what they have there.

Toomer has lost the middle linebacker job for the Chargers to Hayes pullard, Pollard only played about 65% of the snaps but he did a heck of a lot with them, they were bringing in a third safety or using Emmanuel when Pollard came out of the game but with a Dye banged up Pollard make it a chance to play three Downs this weekend, time will tell.

Deatrich wise played about 20 more snaps this week than he did last week and he was a one-man Wrecking Crew with a sack and four pressures I believe he got the second or third highest grade in the game from profootballfocus. Zoe Landon Roberts put up nice numbers I believe from memory he only played about 40% of the snaps, Vannoy still wore the green. And played 100%. Though there were no stats to show for it Adam Butler played 65% of the snaps but almost all of them were at defensive tackle.

Alexander had a big game but for those that were curious Preston Brown still played a hundred percent and Humber played 93% of the snaps so those two were the main linebackers on all three Downs.

Mathieu and branch have pulled away from the pack in Arizona, both played 100% of the snaps.

Even though he didn't put up any numbers and Aqib Talib and Chris Harris play a hundred percent roby's still played around 90% of the snaps and there's a big part of what the Broncos do in Dynasty leagues he's definitely a hold I think they're going to let to leave go after this year and that job will be robys. Also the team was not happy with Justin Simmons playing in the Box TJ Ward so that distinction belongs to will Parks this week and he played 65% of the snaps, most near the line of scrimmage. 

I thought with Sorensen replacing Barry that ramik Wilson might play a hundred percent of the snaps but that was far from the case I believe he played about 20% of the snaps they continue to use a safety and all obvious passing situations the third safety is Marie, I haven't had a chance to look at the film so I'm not sure if Sorenson stayed as the strong safety and Murray played the linebacker or if Marie took Sorensen spot and Sorensen is now a full-time safety and a linebacker on passing Downs, but I'm guessing it's the latter.

I'm sure there's more but I'm home now and I'm hungry LOL

HOU/CIN--Most likely Zach Cunningham was drafted/picked up in your league, but in case, he's a clear add.  Cushing is done, and Cunningham was a 3 down LB from the time Cush went down.  I will probably check out Cunningham on Game Pass just to see how he did, but I don't own any shares of him, so it's more curiosity than anything.  No matter how he looks, opportunity says he needs to be rostered.  McKinney remains a 100% 3 down LB, I was a little nervous he'd get pulled this season for a S or coverage LB, but so far so good.  Hal and Moore remain the safeties.  Honestly, I never really considered either for fantasy this year, neither was a known quantity, and that defense only leaves scraps for the secondary.  Too many other good safeties with better situations, I've been ignoring the Texan secondary.  But Eddie Pleasant played 42%, worth keeping an eye on if you own Hal or Moore.  

For CIN, Vigil and Rey played 100%.  Excited Vigil owners need to be waiting for the play time when Burfict returns.  I'm not counting on him until I see that the Bengals don't rotate him with Rey.  But if He remains 85% or more when Burfict returns, you gotta be pretty excited.  Definitely a guy worth watching on Game Pass to see how he's doing.  If the Benglas remain terrible, Shawn Williams seems like a safe start at SS.  I have a feeling the Bengals aren't this bad, they're just Jekyll and Hyde.  

This seemed like a lot of assists handed out in this game, is CIN IDP-friendly?  Anyone have a link to a study on assist patterns from around the NFL?  I know I have seen it, but can't put my fingers on it now.

This seemed like a lot of assists handed out in this game, is CIN IDP-friendly?  Anyone have a link to a study on assist patterns from around the NFL?  I know I have seen it, but can't put my fingers on it now.

Assuming the stat crews don't change much season-to-season, this may be what you're looking for 

2016 Tackles Issued by Home Stat Crews (Through Week 15)

Otherwise, it's something you probably have to drop $200 per season for @ PFF

massraider said:
HOU/CIN--Most likely Zach Cunningham was drafted/picked up in your league, but in case, he's a clear add.  Cushing is done, and Cunningham was a 3 down LB from the time Cush went down.  I will probably check out Cunningham on Game Pass just to see how he did, but I don't own any shares of him, so it's more curiosity than anything.  No matter how he looks, opportunity says he needs to be rostered.  McKinney remains a 100% 3 down LB, I was a little nervous he'd get pulled this season for a S or coverage LB, but so far so good.  Hal and Moore remain the safeties.  Honestly, I never really considered either for fantasy this year, neither was a known quantity, and that defense only leaves scraps for the secondary.  Too many other good safeties with better situations, I've been ignoring the Texan secondary.  But Eddie Pleasant played 42%, worth keeping an eye on if you own Hal or Moore.  

For CIN, Vigil and Rey played 100%.  Excited Vigil owners need to be waiting for the play time when Burfict returns.  I'm not counting on him until I see that the Bengals don't rotate him with Rey.  But if He remains 85% or more when Burfict returns, you gotta be pretty excited.  Definitely a guy worth watching on Game Pass to see how he's doing.  If the Benglas remain terrible, Shawn Williams seems like a safe start at SS.  I have a feeling the Bengals aren't this bad, they're just Jekyll and Hyde.  

Cincinnati has always been notoriously assist (and IDP) friendly. A great spot to start your IDP's. The type of place that breaks ties for me when I'm between starting one guy vs another.

massraider said:
I saw that Dylan Cole picked up some tackles. Curious to hear how many snaps he played...

Some stuff...

• Brandon Graham dropped from 68% to 53% of snaps.
  • Cliff Avril dropped from 71% to 57%.
  • Frank Clark up from 56% to 71% - did Avril and Clark swap roles?
  • Dante Fowler down from 44% to 31% - what a disappointment.
  • Miami DEs in their first week: Branch 74%, Wake 57%, Harris 47%, Hayes 43%.  Higher than I expected from Harris - dynasty alert.
  • Tampa DEs in their first week: Ayers 83%, Spence 78%.
  • Mario Edwards still low - dropped from 50% to 43%.
  • Haason Reddick up from 55% to 79% - we'll see where he ends up when Buchanon is back.
  • Is Christian Jones a 3-down guy now?
  • Humber still above 90% snaps.
  • Minter down from 58% to 21%.
  • Ramik Wilson is a ghost - dropped from 31% to 19%.
  • Elandon Roberts up from 13% to 55%, still not useful though.
  • Avery Williamson up from 65% to 90% - must be a subpackage thing where if they're winning, he gets a lot of snaps.
  • Bethea down from 85% to 73%, but that's still a lot of snaps.
  • Mo Alexander up from 80% to 99%.
  • Is Vonn Bell the new SS with Vaccaro benched?  Was that just for this game due to Gronk or a trade precursor as every podcast speculated this week?
  • Sorensen in for all snaps.
  • Zettel still getting the most DE snaps - 61% to 64%.
  • Tavon Wilson down from 99% to 42%, Killebrew up from 39% to 75% - what happened?
  •  

Sweet - @Darin Tietgen put out a top 200 before my waiver deadline!  Nice to get an early look forward  :thumbup:

ETA - not quite - looks like it's in progress at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I didn’t finish last week, I’m just going to pick one player or position to mention on each team. That should allow me to finish in times for waivers when it would actually be useful.

Texans at Bengals

With Brian Cushing injured and then suspended, the starting spot next to Benardrick McKinney is up for grabs. Zach Cunningham has the first opportunity. Cunningham played 43 snaps compared to Dylan Coles’s 23 out of 64 total. Cunningham had 4 solos and 2 assists. Cole had 1 solo and 4 assists.

Michael Johnson will probably be back next week. But Chris Smith may still be worth a look for next week. In Week 1, Smith played more snaps than Jordan Willis, 28 to 26. In Week 2 in Johnson’s absence, Willis played more than Smith, 45 to 34. It seems like Smith may be the designated pass rusher. Going against Green Bay in Week 3, if the Packers are still missing Bulaga and Bakhtiari, Smith may be one of the better bets at a sack on Sunday.

Bears at Bucs

Chicago is losing an ILB in every game. Watch out Danny Trevathan. Christian Jones should play the majority of snaps next to Trevathan, for as long as he’s healthy. In 47 snaps, Jones had 2 solos and 4 assists. The safeties may be the players to rosters as they led the team in tackles.

TJ Ward put a the biggest dent in Keith Tandy’s snaps. Chris Conte played 57 out of 64 snaps. Tandy was on the field for 36 snaps. Ward, while presumably getting up to speed, played 28 snaps while rookie Justin Evans played 7 snaps. Conte had the only notable stat line with 6 solos and 1 assist.

Browns at Ravens

For the second week in a row, the Cleveland DT who played the most snaps was Trevon Coley. The rookie UDFA didn’t do too much in week 1, but against Baltimore, Coley had 4 solos and a FR on 42 snaps. In DT-required leagues, he’s worth watching if he has another solid week.

Out of 71 total snaps, Kamalei Correra and Patrick Onwuasor continue to split, 30 to 19. Neither can be trusted in the starting lineup unless you regularly start 6-8 LBs. And if you’re in a league that starts 6-8 LBs, that sounds awesome.

Bills at Panthers

Obviously I want to mention Ramon Humber and gloat that I actually started him this week. I’m going to start him every week until he disappoints. But instead, I’m going to go much deeper. I’m not even picking this guy up in my 64 team league, but he’s going on my watchlist, Eddie Yarbrough. The UDFA Sophomore played 23 snaps against Carolina. He sacked Cam for his first career sack. Yarbrough was released from a CFL team. I can’t make this up. But the D-Line coach liked him and gave him a shot. He had a good training camp. He’s 260 pounds so he’s too small to be an every down DE, but how often do you get to talk about a guy who was released by a CFL team getting a sack on Cam Newton?

Carolina is boring. There’s nothing to say. Shaq Thompson probably isn’t going to be a thing. Julius Peppers is still a stud.

Cardinals at Colts

Tyvon Branch and Tyrann Mathieu both played 100% of snaps. Branch looks to have a healthy tackle floor. Mathieu looks to be boom-bust. He’s not getting as many tackles as his heyday, but he’s still such a ballhawk that he’ll still have value. If you can rock him at S2, he’ll win you a few weeks. Budda Baker looks like he dominated on Special Teams, 4 solos, 1 assist, on 3 defensive snaps, as far as I can tell. He’s still not startable.

Jeremiah George is the story for the Colts. George has played 23 games and started 1 since being drafted in the 5th Round in 2014. George played 52 of 66 snaps while Jon Bostic played all 66. George had 4 solos, 1 assist and 1 TFL. Given the Colts turnover at ILB, George may be a perfect stash and trade. Get him on your roster, wait for another solid game and trade him to a LB-needy team for anything they’ll offer. The Colts also signed Josh Perry, the former Chargers 4th Rounder. George should be a good waiver wire pickup, but I wouldn’t start him immediately.

Titans at Jaguars

Just for fun, I’m going to say Adoree’ Jackson is the story here. Jackson won the starting spot opposite Logan Ryan. I overstrategized my lineup this week and benched Jackson figuring the Jags would run it like crazy and rely on their defense again. Tennessee put together a lead and forced Bortles to throw it 34 times. Jackson put up 4 solos, 1 assist and 0.5 TFL.

Outside of Calais Campbell, all the Jags DEs are very Boom Bust. Campbell played 64 snaps. Yannick Ngakoue doubled up Dante Fowler’s snaps 42 to 21. Dawuane Smoot added 16 snaps. Campbell had 4 solos. Ngakoue had 1 assist. Smoot had 1 solo. And Fowler didn’t record a stat.

Eagles at Chiefs

With the loss of Ronald Darby, the question became who will start across Jalen Mills. Mills played all 53 snaps. Rookie 3rd Rounder Rasul Douglas played the next most snaps with 39. Retread Patrick Robinson played 32 snaps.

Chris Jones had 4 solos, 3 sacks and an interception. I’d call that a good game. He still only played less than half the snaps, 32 of 72. Allen Bailey, after he was a popular pickup last week, played 60 of 72. Bailey had 1 solo TFL and 1 assist. Daniel Sorensen played 100% of the snaps and put together 6 solos. For the record, he added 3 QB hits. If one of those turned into a sack, that turns a solid game in a great game.

Jordan Richards dropped from 42 snaps down to 16. Belichick gonna Belichick. Elandon Roberts, the run stuffer, jumped up to over 50% of snaps against one of the most pass-happy teams in the league. Belichick gonna Belichick. 4th Round Rookie, Deatrich Wise, still isn’t getting a substantial snap count, only 28 of 65 snaps. But Wise put up 2 solos, both for a loss, including 1 sack and totaled 5 QB hits. He has a ton of potential. If he starts playing 60%-80% of snaps, look out.

Kenny Vaccaro got benched on Sunday. Too much of Gronk having his way with him. Vonn Bell, who only played 6 snaps week 1, jumped up to 33 snaps in Week 2. He put together 3 solos and 2 assists.

Vikings at Steelers

What is there to say here. The Vikings are boring. Their roles are all set. Ben Gedeon won the starting WILL role and played 18 of 74 snaps. He had 2 solos and 1 assist. If anything happens to Anthony Barr, Gedeon could possibly see more snaps in sub-packages, but even in the deepest of leagues, you should have better guys on your bench.

Mike Hilton is a sophomore UDFA who plays slot in nickel packages in Pittsburgh. Hilton played 55 out of 66 snaps. He had 6 solos, 3 assists and 1 QB hit. In Week 1, Hilton played 34 snaps and had 2 solos. Not sure why Hilton saw so much action this week. It may have been a product of Case Keenum because De’Vante Harris, NO’s slot CB, didn’t have a big game in week 1. Hopefully, I’ll remember to check back next week after Minnesota faces Tampa.

Jets at Raiders

The less said about the Jets the better. I only have so much time on this green earth, I don’t want to spend any of it talking about the 2017 New York Jets.

Outside of Corey James, avoid this LB situation. Marquel Lee, Tyrell Adams and Nicholas Morrow all split time meaning none of them will put up useful stats. Gareon Conley put together his first snaps, 46 out of 56. He had 2 solos, 1 assist and a PD.

Dolphins at Chargers

Mike Hull played 100% of snaps with Lawrence Timmons going AWOL. It sounds like Timmons will miss some time. Hull had 7 solos, 3 assist and 1 TFL. Jelani Jenkins might be taking his talents back to South Beach.

Desmond King may be the story here. His snaps were probably dependent on Jason Verrett missing this game. 56 out of 68 snaps for King allowed him to 5 solos, 1 assist and 1.5 TFLs. King was a stud CB at Iowa. He would’ve been 1st Round if not for his 40 time, which means he may end up playing some slot corner and safety. If he can keep earning snaps, he’ll keep putting up stats.

Cowboys at Broncos

Xavier Woods didn’t produce a stat. Woods did play 34 snaps. There was a ton of hype for Woods, even though he was a 6th Rounder.

With Jared Crick headed to IR, Adam Gotsis is starting in his place. Yep. I dropped him in roster cut downs… Gotsis had 2 solos and 2 assists on 44 snaps.

Washington at Rams

Deshazor Everett was fun while it lasted. Everett dropped from 100% of snaps down to 23 of 50. Montae Nicholson jumped from 3 snaps in Week 1 to 26 snaps in Week 2. Nicholson ended with 2 solos.

The Rams are boring. There’s nothing fun to say.

49ers at Seahawks

I’ll be keeping an eye on K’Waun Williams. Williams played 54 snaps as slot corner, up from 29 in Week 1. He had 4 solos, 2 assists and 2 PDs. Dontae Johnson is the other starting CB across from Rashard Robinson. Johnson has played 100% two weeks in a row. This week he had 2 solos and 2 assists after 2 solos last week. When these guys face an actual passing offense, they could put up stats. But Carolina in Week 1 and Russell Wilson with no O-Line don’t offer a lot of opportunity for opposing CBs.

Shaquille Griffin’s stock seemed to drop quickly. After playing 77 of 82 snaps in Week 1, Griffin dropped to 20 of 49 snaps in Week 2. He also didn’t produce a stat. I can’t find any information on an injury. Jeremy Lane was healthy for this game and played 100% of snaps. Lane had 5 solos. Lane will be one of those rare CBs who starts on the outside in base but moves inside in the nickel, making him very valuable. Lane may have been dropped in your league...

Packers at Falcons

Week 2, Green Bay brought their rookies to play. Kevin King’s snap count jumped from 6 to 46, making him the 2nd busiest CB behind Davon House. King had 2 solos, 1 assist and a PD. Josh Jones jumped Kentrell Brice, outsnapping him 29 to 21 after not playing a defensive snap in Week 1. Jones had 4 solos and 1 TFL.

Duke Riley, I already miss you… De’Vondre Campbell outplayed Riley, 54 to 32. Campbell had 6 solos, 2 assists, 1 sack, 1.5 TFL and a PD. Riley had 3 solos and 2 assists. I don’t think Riley is done by any means, but he’ll need to earn back the snaps.

Lions at Giants

The real story here is target that Giants O-Line. They’re up there with Cincy, Houston and Seattle as the worst in the league. Ziggy Ansah had 3 sacks Monday night. Ansah seems to have been overvalued the last few years after his breakout 2015. If you’ve still got him and you feel he’s overvalued, now is the time to sell. He still only played 28 of 56 snaps. Anthony Zettel again led DET DEs in snaps with 36. Zettel ended with 3 solos and 1 assist. Tavon Wilson exited the game with a shoulder injury, which is why Miles Killebrew outsnapped him 42 to 23. If Wilson misses any games, Killebrew is almost a lock in the starting lineup. He’s produced a ton on limited snaps. It would be great to see what he could do with 90% or more. My primary team is starting to become a little overcrowded at safety… Branch, Mathieu, Sorensen, Kindred, Killebrew, Josh Jones and Baker on TS. If Wilson is out, I may have to flip a coin to pick out my starters.

With BJ Goodson and Janoris Jenkins out, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Calvin Munson both got plenty of work. DRC had 8 solos, 3 assists and 1 TFL. Munson had 7 solos, 1 assist and a sack. Both outtackled Landon Collins which is saying something.

For the second week in a row, the Cleveland DT who played the most snaps was Trevon Coley. The rookie UDFA didn’t do too much in week 1, but against Baltimore, Coley had 4 solos and a FR on 42 snaps. In DT-required leagues, he’s worth watching if he has another solid week.
First round pick from 2015 Danny Shelton and third round pick from this year Larry Ogunjobi are solid run stuffers but don't get much penetration.

Coley stood out in preseason.

Coley has a low center of gravity and gets gap penetration. High motor.

Glad he is getting PT he has earned it.

I also like Ogunjobi, he is very-strong and more athletic than Shelton.  If Danny ever gets to the QB he punishes tham but I don't think Shelton will ever be more than a strong anchor against the run.

Killer additions to this thread.   :thumbup:

BAL/CLE--Derek Kindred is full time SS, and as mentioned above, Peppers is the deep guy.  Good news for Kindred owners.  Hey, everyone let me know when Peppers owners bench him, so I know which week Peppers is gonna run back a Pick-6 or a punt, OK?  If you thought Peppers was ever going to be a tackle monster, I don't think you were being honest with yourself.  Earl Thomas is the upside, methinks.  Solid numbers for Collins, Kindred, J. Taylor, Peppers and even Schobert saved his week with assists.  Ogbah played 79%, and didn't record a stat?  Is that right??

BAL defense is good, and confusing, aside from CJ Mosely.  Corera is platooning with a guy whose name begins with an 'O', Not sure Correa suddenly taking control of a 3 down spot is even that exciting, come to think of it.  A good defense, stud at the other LB spot, and Jefferson and Weddle.  Why did I think this guy might be a thing this summer?  I might need his roster spot.

CAR/BUF--9-3?  I may watch this game on GamePass, because I've never seen two monkeys trying to f*** a football before.  I'm a Ramon Humber truther. If I owned him, and someone came calling with a good offer, I'd trade him.  I think by the end of it all, Hughes and Lawson will both wind up being startable in fantasy, but Lorenzo Alexander steals jussst enough snaps.  Trading for Lawson in dynasty now seems like the kind of move smart owners make.  

Every week Luke goes without a concussion is a good week. 

AZ/IND--IND without Luck are sniffing around the Jets sub-basement.  The fact that AZ went to OT should be alarming for Cards fans, to say the least.  Which seems to me that the getting for AZ IDP is probably getting good.  Basically, I think the Cards, a formerly good team, are old, and have no running game.  Once Carson gets injured (I have week 5 in the office pool!) they are gonna see 70+ snaps a week.  Justin Bethel, Tyvon Branch I think will be the biggest benefactors, as the Deone/Dansby/Reddick LB situation is unclear when Deone stops back in between head injuries.  If Reddick can be pried loose, I might make a move, assuming he'll be last man standing.  

Ahh, the IND LB situation!  What a treat!  Antonio Morrison sat out this week, and someone called Jeremiah George filled in, and had 5 total tackles.  He must be the new hotness, right?  YES!  Just like Josh McNary and David Irving and Sio Moore were last year!  WooHoo!!  It's ugly, baby.  Grab a IND CB in your CB-required leagues, and ignore the rest, assuming you got Farley already.  But if you must........Jon Bostic played 100%, got 4 tackles, and still sucks, if you were wondering.  I own Bostic in one league, I had a roster spot, he was there.  Whateva.  I am trying to trade him for a 6th round rookie pick.  Antonio Morrison meanwhile.......look, I liked Morrison coming out, but his college scouting report is pretty much the same as Bostic's coming out.  Same college even, maybe?  Thumper with instincts, athletically limited, etc.  But we don't know for sure that Morrison is JAG.  We know Bostic is.  So Morrison is my two dollar lottery ticket for the IND LB to own.  But I recommend avoiding their LBs, unless you have 50+ roster spots.  

Morrison is horrendous in coverage.  Beatable by a one legged guy in a walking boot horrendous.  If you're looking for a 3 down guy he will not be it.   Bostic is that guy

TEN/JAX--Jacksonville honeymoon lasted less that a week, I see.  Still, two good weeks for Myles Jack.  What a massive improvement from year 1.  Telvin returns to the box score. Yannick Ngakoue is gonna lead this team in sacks, but is not gonna have a lot of tackles.  AJ Bouye as a CB starter opposite Jalen seems to be working out well thus far.  

Kevin Byard had a ton of buzz, and seems to be living up to it, but I was nervous about a FS as a fantasy starter.  So far, so good.  TEN seems to have a stud here. Avery Williamson (90%) remains the LB to own, with Woodyard (66%) having bigger game this week.  I read an IDP piece that recommended Woodayrd as a waiver pick up.  I disagree strongly.  He's clearly average, not even playing 70%, and my man Jayon Brown played 45%.  Brown might not be ready to make your roster yet, he might be that late season dynasty stash, but there's a path to 3 down work there.  Adoree Jackson had a nice stat line.  The big plays are coming.  Searcy only played 64%.  Injury?  Anyone??

KC/PHI--You have Daniel Sorensen and started him, right?  Sorenson played 71 snaps, 45 at LB, and they were blitzing him.  My man had 3 QB hurries.  Chris Jones went all Calais Campbell this week.  He's interesting, and had a nice draft profile, but you got room for 3-4 DE? Man, I don't.  If I had no DE, I'd pick him up.  

Crappy week to start PHI IDP, only 53 plays, to 72 for KC.  Big news is hammy injury for Rodney McLeod. Corey Graham takes over.  Think the Eagles had three pretty bad hammy injuries last week.  Bradham and Hicks 100%, Kendricks 38%.  Derek Barnett(40%) is the 3rd man in a DE rotation with Graham (72%) and Curry (62%).  Might wanna check Curry's contract, he may be spring cut candidate if Barnett shows out.  

Morrison is horrendous in coverage.  Beatable by a one legged guy in a walking boot horrendous.  If you're looking for a 3 down guy he will not be it.   Bostic is that guy
I get ya.  My only thought is Morrison can improve, at this point in his career.  Bostic cannot.  

A couple of LB questions....

Is Kwiatkoski officially out for the season?  Everything I read on Monday indicated that he was done, but everything I'm reading today says he is "likely" out for the year, pending MRI results.  And I don't see anything definitive in the past 24 hours plus (not to mention he's listed as questionable for Week 3).  I'm assuming it's just a matter of time before he's on IR, but figured it would have happened by now.

Any thoughts on Hayes Pullard, who is playing more snaps than Toomer for the Chargers?  He's a guy that I drafted in a couple of leagues, stashed, then dropped due to limited taxi spots.  Wondering if he's once again a good stash (or is he more than that?).

ChicagoArch said:
Jordan Richards dropped from 42 snaps down to 16. Belichick gonna Belichick. Elandon Roberts, the run stuffer, jumped up to over 50% of snaps against one of the most pass-happy teams in the league. Belichick gonna Belichick. 4th Round Rookie, Deatrich Wise, still isn’t getting a substantial snap count, only 28 of 65 snaps. But Wise put up 2 solos, both for a loss, including 1 sack and totaled 5 QB hits. He has a ton of potential. If he starts playing 60%-80% of snaps, look out.

Kenny Vaccaro got benched on Sunday. Too much of Gronk having his way with him. Vonn Bell, who only played 6 snaps week 1, jumped up to 33 snaps in Week 2. He put together 3 solos and 2 assists.

49ers at Seahawks

I’ll be keeping an eye on K’Waun Williams. Williams played 54 snaps as slot corner, up from 29 in Week 1. He had 4 solos, 2 assists and 2 PDs. Dontae Johnson is the other starting CB across from Rashard Robinson. Johnson has played 100% two weeks in a row. This week he had 2 solos and 2 assists after 2 solos last week. When these guys face an actual passing offense, they could put up stats. But Carolina in Week 1 and Russell Wilson with no O-Line don’t offer a lot of opportunity for opposing CBs.

Shaquille Griffin’s stock seemed to drop quickly. After playing 77 of 82 snaps in Week 1, Griffin dropped to 20 of 49 snaps in Week 2. He also didn’t produce a stat. I can’t find any information on an injury. Jeremy Lane was healthy for this game and played 100% of snaps. Lane had 5 solos. Lane will be one of those rare CBs who starts on the outside in base but moves inside in the nickel, making him very valuable. Lane may have been dropped in your league...
Just to note the two things that jumped out at me, both injury issues that need to be watched/mentioned.

Elandon Roberts snaps jumped way up b/c Hightower did not play. 

Lane is a good player to grab but so was Shead last year, but he's been out with an injury. Anyone that adds Lane needs to be aware that Shead will probably return at some point this year and you will need to monitor news for Shead's name popping up as activated.

Is Kwiatkoski officially out for the season?  Everything I read on Monday indicated that he was done, but everything I'm reading today says he is "likely" out for the year, pending MRI results.  And I don't see anything definitive in the past 24 hours plus (not to mention he's listed as questionable for Week 3).  I'm assuming it's just a matter of time before he's on IR, but figured it would have happened by now.

Any thoughts on Hayes Pullard, who is playing more snaps than Toomer for the Chargers?  He's a guy that I drafted in a couple of leagues, stashed, then dropped due to limited taxi spots.  Wondering if he's once again a good stash (or is he more than that?).
I am not sure why it's unofficial still on Kwiat, but pectoral usually means torn so he's very likely to hit IR by tonight/tomorrow. 

Pullard is certainly a stash (re-stash? lol) and definitely has the opportunity to be more than that if he's completely taking over for Toomer. 

Kwiatkowski is on IR.  He's eligible to return.  I'm holding him in hopes he does, there will be monster tackles available if so.  Pullard is keeping the seat warm for Perryman and might be a cut by week 10, Choosing between him and Kwiatkoswki  I'd rather hold for Kwiatkoswki I think he has much better long term potential.

Kwiatkowski is on IR.  He's eligible to return.  I'm holding him in hopes he does, there will be monster tackles available if so.  Pullard is keeping the seat warm for Perryman and might be a cut by week 10, Choosing between him and Kwiatkoswki  I'd rather hold for Kwiatkoswki I think he has much better long term potential.
Yeah, I wasn't questioning who has more value.  I've been very high on Kwiatkoski since he was drafted, and still am.  I was just wondering what his status was (for sure headed to IR versus "likely").  The fact that he may return later in the year definitely helps, though.  Ironically, I just promoted him from taxi to my starting lineup in three leagues on Sunday morning.  Within a couple of hours, he was likely headed to IR.  Sometimes, this hobby is simply nothing more than a war of attrition, it seems.  

As for Pullard, I was just wondering if there is a specific reason why Pullard is seeing more action than Toomer, given how Toomer was the hot pickup when Perryman went down (at least in the eyes of many).  

Thank you.

I am not sure why it's unofficial still on Kwiat, but pectoral usually means torn so he's very likely to hit IR by tonight/tomorrow. 

Pullard is certainly a stash (re-stash? lol) and definitely has the opportunity to be more than that if he's completely taking over for Toomer. 
Pretty much what I was thinking.  Thanks.  

Yeah, I wasn't questioning who has more value.  I've been very high on Kwiatkoski since he was drafted, and still am.  I was just wondering what his status was (for sure headed to IR versus "likely").  The fact that he may return later in the year definitely helps, though.  Ironically, I just promoted him from taxi to my starting lineup in three leagues on Sunday morning.  Within a couple of hours, he was likely headed to IR.  Sometimes, this hobby is simply nothing more than a war of attrition, it seems.  

As for Pullard, I was just wondering if there is a specific reason why Pullard is seeing more action than Toomer, given how Toomer was the hot pickup when Perryman went down (at least in the eyes of many).  

Thank you.
Toomer is nearly 29 and pretty much JAG - I think he's on his 5th team now, and he graded out pretty poorly last year.  He was the hot commodity I think just because he racked up a ton of tackles last year replacing Perryman and Brown sporadically.  You don't have to be faster than the bearsyndrome.  Toomer wasn't so bad he got benched, but he was bad enough he would/should have been had they had anyone better to play.  Now they do.

Toomer is nearly 29 and pretty much JAG - I think he's on his 5th team now, and he graded out pretty poorly last year.  He was the hot commodity I think just because he racked up a ton of tackles last year replacing Perryman and Brown sporadically.  You don't have to be faster than the bearsyndrome.  Toomer wasn't so bad he got benched, but he was bad enough he would/should have been had they had anyone better to play.  Now they do.
Makes sense.  Thanks.

I'll echo the sentiments of praise of this thread.   It pretty much serves as a one-stop for current IDP content.   Thanks!  With some uncertainty with Vaccaro  I am looking to target an up-trending safety like Farley or Daniel Sorensen.   I was more interested in Farley initially, but from reading through notes regarding Sorensen's nickel snaps at linebacker (along with his 3 qb hits), I'm super intrigued by him.  I've seen some buzz about him, but I'm wondering if there's not enough.   

I'll echo the sentiments of praise of this thread.   It pretty much serves as a one-stop for current IDP content.   Thanks!  With some uncertainty with Vaccaro  I am looking to target an up-trending safety like Farley or Daniel Sorensen.   I was more interested in Farley initially, but from reading through notes  regarding Sorensen's nickel snaps at linebacker (along with his 3 qb hits), I'm super intrigued by him.  I've seen some buzz about him, but I'm wondering if there's not enough.   
Not trying to monopolize the thread with this topic, but upon further reading, I see where he played LB in subpackages last season as well? Should I temper my enthusiasm on him, or does the injury to Berry boost his prospects for this season (in comparison to last season)?

The difference this season for Sorensen is that last season, he didn't get base snaps - just nickel linebacker.  Now he's SS on base snaps and LB on nickle.  Pretty much the best role you can ask for a safety, especially since it helps him stay with a S designation instead of LB.

Two DEs with limited snaps have me wondering why. Ziggy Ansah and Chris Jones.  I believe Ziggy might be injury protection driven (limiting snaps limits chance to get injured). but what is keeping Chris Jones snap count down?

Geathers had neck surgery and was placed on PUP, out the first 6 but neck injuries can easily wipe out a full season. No guarantees he'll return this year and no timetable.

Users who are viewing this thread