What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ok, I've helped more than a few of y'all - where do I pick Alex Smith today? (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Draft today at 6 (4 hours). IDP PPR, QB-semi-heavy scoring

stats from Thursday count. Smith put up a 50+ point game that counts in your week 1 lineup. 

what round would you pick him?  7th? 10th? Never? 

Go! 

Draft today at 6 (4 hours). IDP PPR, QB-semi-heavy scoring

stats from Thursday count. Smith put up a 50+ point game that counts in your week 1 lineup. 

what round would you pick him?  7th? 10th? Never? 

Go! 
1 QB league?

If so, never

But if you really want those 50 you'll have to take him around the 8th round(Hell, I took Wilson in the 8th in a 6TD league last weekend)

Good luck

10th +, better to invest in a player for the whole year so can't go any lower than that. Smith had his best game ever in his life. If you bought him high for one week fine ,but you are essentially buying him high for the whole season. I can't picture you starting him ever again with confidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sooner than the 9th. If someone else wants to overpay for him for one week, ok, but not me. I'd rather target Hunt early especially in a Keeper/Dynasty League. 
The only exception to that would be if you also managed to get Hunt early. Let's face it, getting Hunt and Smith in week 1 would assure you a victory. Also, taking Hunt early might also cause the other owners to reach to make sure you didn't also get Smith. 

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I appreciate you answering mine. 
Interested to hear how this played out? Where did Hunt and Smith go?

Last edited by a moderator:
No sooner than the 9th. If someone else wants to overpay for him for one week, ok, but not me. I'd rather target Hunt early especially in a Keeper/Dynasty League. 
The only exception to that would be if you also managed to get Hunt early. Let's face it, getting Hunt and Smith in week 1 would assure you a victory. Also, taking Hunt early might also cause the other owners to reach to make sure you didn't also get Smith. 

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I appreciate you answering mine. 
Interested to hear how this played out? Where did Hunt and Smith go?
I did - 1.07

ETA, my #s were off. My bad - it's 4:40 AM

& ive been setting up the league all damn night so people have teams in the AM. 

sigh. 

Yeah - 6 picks away. I settled for R. Wilson, who should be more valuable over the course of the year. 

Fortunately I'm not facing the smith owner. 

In the 21st I took a throw-away DL Who had a sack & 5 tkl for 15 points. I was booed by my leaguemates. I admitted it was a cheap #### move. lol

ETA, my #s were off. My bad - it's 4:40 AM

& ive been setting up the league all damn night so people have teams in the AM. 

sigh. 

Yeah - 6 picks away. I settled for R. Wilson, who should be more valuable over the course of the year. 

Fortunately I'm not facing the smith owner. 

In the 21st I took a throw-away DL Who had a sack & 5 tkl for 15 points. I was booed by my leaguemates. I admitted it was a cheap #### move. lol
Good job, not overspending for Smith. I'm not a big Wilson fan, but the 8th round is ok for him. You're getting booed for a 21st round pick? Your league mates need to get a life....why not chase a few points for a throw away round anyway. 
Good Job.
Ah the work of a Commissioner is never-ending, isn't it? 

Good job, not overspending for Smith. I'm not a big Wilson fan, but the 8th round is ok for him. You're getting booed for a 21st round pick? Your league mates need to get a life....why not chase a few points for a throw away round anyway. 
Good Job.
Most brutal commish night ever. 

It was my fault we had to draft last night.'

Good Job.
Also we bust each other's balls for pretty much every pick, so.... :lol:

27 round draft - IDP. Ugh. 

But I can make coffee and now I've got FOOTBALL! :excited:  

Also we bust each other's balls for pretty much every pick, so.... :lol:

27 round draft - IDP. Ugh. 

But I can make coffee and now I've got FOOTBALL! :excited:  
It's September....
Summer is over and life is bad, 
But football has started so I can't be mad.

Users who are viewing this thread