What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 - Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

Maurile Tremblay

Administrator
Staff member
All-purpose injury thread. Discuss injuries that occur during games here.

The following players may have fantasy relevance in standard leagues.

Sun 1pm - Jamison Crowder [Q] - WR, WAS - Active

Sun 1pm - John Ross [Q] - WR, CIN - OUT

Sun 1pm - Kenny Golladay [Q] - WR, DET - Active

Sun 1pm - Markus Wheaton [Q] - WR, CHI - OUT

Sun 1pm - T.J. Yeldon [Q] - RB, JAC - OUT

Sun 1pm - Tyrod Taylor [Q] - QB, BUF - Active

Sun 4pm - Cam Newton [Q] - QB, CAR - expected to play

Sun 4pm - Curtis Samuel [Q] - WR, CAR - expected to play

Sun 4pm - George Kittle [Q] - TE, SF

Sun 4pm - Thomas Rawls [Q] - RB, SEA - game-time decision

Sun 4pm - Tyler Lockett [Q] - WR, SEA - expected to play

Sun 8pm - Odell Beckham Jr [Q] - WR, NYG - same-time decision

Last edited by a moderator:
Titans CB Leshaun Sims is out. Michael Crabtree and Amari Cooper owners need to stew on Adoree Jackson covering one of them. Adoree is a superb athlete but he got burned a bunch in preseason.

Corey Davis had his first full week of practice. He is not on a snap count, but will only do what they feel comfortable with. Mularkey said they need to be careful with him and only put him in spots where he can succeed. You'll have to decide what that means as far as FF. He was taken off of the injury report on Friday.

Eric Decker has practiced all week and is good to go.

Taywan Taylor bruised his calf on August 27th. Some sites have had a hiccup misreporting him as injured. He is not. Hasn't missed a day or a snap.

If you have comments or Qs use the player thread, just mentioning Titans injuries here for updates only

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter  16m16 minutes ago

More

Washington WR Jamison Crowder, listed as questionable with a hip injury, is expected to play Sunday vs Eagles, per source.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. (ankle) is a game-time decision for Week 1.

Analysis: Schefter is adding that although Beckham is a game-time-call, "there is real doubt" about whether or not he will play. Since Beckham is facing the Cowboys on Sunday night, his fantasy owners are left in a predicament. They could risk starting the elite wideout and he is ruled out or on a snap count, bench him for a player in the early slate of Sunday games, or roll with Beckham with a backup plan in place with a player from one of the two Monday night matchups. However, in the wake of Schefter's latest report, it is safe to say the obvious. Beckham will be limited even if he is active. His fantasy owners should roll with another option in Week 1.

Raiders K Sebastian Janikowski (I.R.) won't require surgery on his injured back.

Janikowski is out with a disc issue but could return in eight weeks, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Giorgio Tavecchio will handle the kicking duties during his absence.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Seahawks could hold Thomas Rawls (questionable, ankle) out until he's 100 percent.

The Seahawks surprisingly labeled Rawls a game-time decision for Sunday's opener in Green Bay after he put in a full week of practice and this report suggests he's on the wrong side of questionable. Eddie Lacy would likely get the bulk of Seattle's early-down work if Rawls can't go, though C.J. Prosise and Chris Carson would also be involved. Fantasy owners would be wise to stay clear of the Seahawks' muddled backfield this week and going forward.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jaguars could hold T.J. Yeldon (questionable hamstring) out of Sunday's Week 1 game against the Texans to get him back to 100 percent.

Chris Ivory would back up Fournette in this scenario but this could boost Fournette's touches.

Anyone else not buying the OBJ GTD b.s.?  I called it from the moment I saw the injury on replay, that it wasn't that bad.  The NYG are doing a great job of playing up the injury with his practice schedule this week and the whole GTD chatter.  I'm not fooled. I guarantee OBJ plays tonight.

Anyone else not buying the OBJ GTD b.s.?  I called it from the moment I saw the injury on replay, that it wasn't that bad.  The NYG are doing a great job of playing up the injury with his practice schedule this week and the whole GTD chatter.  I'm not fooled. I guarantee OBJ plays tonight.
What would they stand to gain from that? I doubt the Cowboys are going to gameplan for his replacement and then be helpless when he shows up.  Seems to me it's more likely they're doing the opposite--make them waste time planning for OBJ when he isn't going to play.

What would they stand to gain from that? I doubt the Cowboys are going to gameplan for his replacement and then be helpless when he shows up.  Seems to me it's more likely they're doing the opposite--make them waste time planning for OBJ when he isn't going to play.
What would they have to gain?  To fool a division rival into thinking their best player is not playing.  To me this has been obvious from the get go.  Tea leaves telling me this injury isn't a big deal and they held him out as a precaution.  He's playing.  Lead Pipe Lock.

Allen Robinson with a 3rd down catch, pulls up limping. Down on the field now going to commercial.

Did it look bad?  
No, which is why it should be more concerning. He was running a crossing route, jumped up to catch it and landed on his right foot. Second step was left and where he pulled up. Looked like nothing happened at all, but he made it halfway back to his sideline and then dropped onto the field.

Did it look bad?  
The non-contact injury didn't look great. Robinson caught a 17-yard gain toward the sideline, then came up limping badly, and couldn't make it to the sideline initially. He spent several moments down on the field, then eventually got up and walked slowly to the locker room. His return is questionable at best.

(Rotoworld.com)

Eagles CB Ronald Darby down with a non-contact right ankle injury.  I don't think it's twisted because it didn't untwist. Guessing broken or dislocated (if that is possible).

Being carted off with an air cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from the famous Dr. Chao

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-allen-robinson-kknee-jaguars-0910-story.html#nt=oft12aH-2gp2

The worry is an ACL tear in his left knee.

There was only one replay from the side on the telecast, so by video there was no definitive view of a shift in his knee. But the way Robinson was off-balance as he landed and never put his foot down, that mechnism is consistent with an ACL tear.

Hopefully that is not the case. However, it is not a good sign when the head team physician and orthopedist leave the field with a player. That means they wanted to get a thorough examination. They did the examination and immediately ruled Robinson out.

Users who are viewing this thread