What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Waivers (1 Viewer)

Jax receivers could also be interesting as Robinson injury appears serious (Lee, Hurns might be on some waivers)

In shallow leagues where someone may only have grabbed Woodhead, is West a good pickup this week given Woodhead has a hamstring issue again?

For anyone hoarding backups, is Alfred Morris now the guy? McFadden being inactive is a pretty big surprise. Whoever the backup is could be a good lower end pickup.

Cohen has to be considered the pickup of the week. 

I was going to use my last pick on Cohen as a handcuff for Howard but picked Ginn instead. After watching today It looks like Cohen will have stand alone value with the way the Bears used him. He should be at the top of the waiver list.

I was going to use my last pick on Cohen as a handcuff for Howard but picked Ginn instead. After watching today It looks like Cohen will have stand alone value with the way the Bears used him. He should be at the top of the waiver list.
Is Cohen worth a #1 waiver even in standard leagues?

Is Cohen worth a #1 waiver even in standard leagues?
I won't fault someone if they don't use it but I think he's definitely good enough to burn it. Only thing that might pop up for the better is if a stud rb with a clear backup gets hurt. 

Bears don't have many other options. Cohen looked great catching passes. In ppr this could be amazing but even in normal leagues he's got a chance to be a decent rb 2 moving forward. Those don't show up on the ww every week. 

oddsbodkins said:
Hooper thanks to two horrific blown coverage plays. Of course, I dropped him for a chance on Luck yesterday.
Hoopers td wasn't blown coverage. He made that td due to a beastly stiff arm. 

For anyone hoarding backups, is Alfred Morris now the guy? McFadden being inactive is a pretty big surprise. Whoever the backup is could be a good lower end pickup.

Cohen has to be considered the pickup of the week. 
If Zeke misses time, I think McFadden will be active and get the bulk of the carries. My guess is that Morris is the backup when Zeke plays since Morris also plays ST and McFadden doesn't.

dafreak said:
Cohen, and its not even close...
No doubt he is explosive but at the end of the game on an important drive Cohen was on the sidelines including on 3rd downs even after White had broke his collarbone. Didn't want to take Howard out maybe? Cohen's pass blocking concerns?

For deep leagues maybe WR DeDe Westbrook from Jacksonville with Robinson done for the year..  He led the league in receiving yards this preseason.

Golladay may be available in some leagues with owners losing Robinson and some Kevin White Unfortunately there isn't much out on waivers as far as Wr's go that had great week 1 production.

Tarik Cohen

Cooper Kupp (may not still be out there)

Kenny Golladay

Kerwynn Williams

Nelson Agholor

Marqise Lee

Allen Hurns

Chris Carson

Chris Thompson

RBs: Tarik Cohen looks like dynamite, Kerwynn Williams while DJ is out. Javorious Allen with Woodhead out is the sneaky pickup I believe. 

WRs: Golladay?, K. Cups, nothing really for me- I'm more interested in the RBs this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
But are any really red zone guys?
Kenny g got targeted on fades I think 3 times, once on a 2 pt conversion. I think he is going to be the guy Stafford takes shots at downfield, something he has lacked his whole career: a #3 guy that can actually take the top off of the defense. Steady drumbeat this offseason, starts out with 2 tds. Run don't walk imo. 

Kenny g got targeted on fades I think 3 times, once on a 2 pt conversion. I think he is going to be the guy Stafford takes shots at downfield, something he has lacked his whole career: a #3 guy that can actually take the top off of the defense. Steady drumbeat this offseason, starts out with 2 tds. Run don't walk imo. 
Really?

RBs: Tarik Cohen looks like dynamite, Kerwynn Williams while DJ is out. Javorious Allen with Woodhead out is the sneaky pickup I believe. 

WRs: Golladay?, K. Cups, nothing really for me- I'm more interested in the RBs this week.
Cohen is the #1.  Second choice is Williams vs Allen depending on the injuries to DJ and Woodhead.  I really like Allen if Woodhead is out of the picture.     

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there isn't a period there, it's a colon. He's never had a #3 that can take the top off and command attention of the safety. Sure he had Calvin triple covered all the time and could chuck it downfield, but he's never had the guy who gets single coverage on a deep route maybe 3 times a game that could ever convert. Corey fuller was supposed to be that, Titus young was supposed to be that, boldin was a nice possession guy. 

No doubt he is explosive but at the end of the game on an important drive Cohen was on the sidelines including on 3rd downs even after White had broke his collarbone. Didn't want to take Howard out maybe? Cohen's pass blocking concerns?
Until Howard dropped the game-winning TD and Cohen replaced him on the final play of the game.  

Until Howard dropped the game-winning TD and Cohen replaced him on the final play of the game.  
Didn't watch the game, but this concerns me as a Howard owner. Dropping a GW TD is a good way to lose passing down looks. 

To keep with the theme of the thread though, what about Nelson Agholor? He seemed to get a ton of looks from Wentz.

Didn't watch the game, but this concerns me as a Howard owner. Dropping a GW TD is a good way to lose passing down looks. 

To keep with the theme of the thread though, what about Nelson Agholor? He seemed to get a ton of looks from Wentz.
If I needed WR help, Agholor would be one of my WW targets this week. 

Users who are viewing this thread