Maurile Tremblay

Indianapolis at LA Rams

78 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Skinsfan said:

did Gore get hurt or did they just realize that he is 100 years old and decide to give the carries to Mack?

What's the point when you're down by a 100?

7 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

You answered your own question 

Not really.  There are people who think he's so bad that he shouldn't be on a team.  I think those people are not very bright.

Not sure if it gets any lower than getting blown out like this by the Rams, wow. 

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Not sure if it gets any lower than getting blown out like this by the Rams, wow. 

Well, the Rams were favored.

What's the earliest a head coach has been fired in the NFL? It's not like Pagano couldn't nicely suggest that they actually need NFL quality LB's and a backup QB that can actually throw a football.

7 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Rams are destroying the Colts, and Gurley is still barely cracking 2 yards per carry. 

Yeah, it might just be that he isn't very good.

20 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

are they playing at home next week? if so then you might have your answer.

1 person likes this

Go Rams!!  While Indy is bad we did what we should have.  

Guarantee if this was a Fisher led team we would have lost on a last second field goal.   

2 people like this

Man, I expected way more from Gurley rushing the ball.  I saw a little of the game.  He got swamped a time or two in the backfield.  Good effort on the TD and on a couple of receptions.  He was an ankle tackle away from a TD on one of those.  I feel about as deflated with him as I did after week 1 last week.  

At least he's getting some solid work in the passing game.

4 minutes ago, Andrew74 said:

Man, I expected way more from Gurley rushing the ball.  I saw a little of the game.  He got swamped a time or two in the backfield.  Good effort on the TD and on a couple of receptions.  He was an ankle tackle away from a TD on one of those.  I feel about as deflated with him as I did after week 1 last week.  

At least he's getting some solid work in the passing game.

No doubt.  But the colts sold out on the run challenging Goff to beat them and he did.

Still the one thing that looked worrisome to me is the run blocking looks no better.   Hopefully with the new WR corps teams will start to respect the passing game and stop stacking the box. Today's game can only go towards helping that.   

2 people like this

Anyone else see all the empty seats in the first half?   It has always been this way for the Rams in LA.  Again, tell me why they went back there?

1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

Anyone else see all the empty seats in the first half?   It has always been this way for the Rams in LA.  Again, tell me why they went back there?

I noticed that too.  The Niner's game had an embarrassing crowd as well.

42 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not really.  There are people who think he's so bad that he shouldn't be on a team.  I think those people are not very bright.

I haven't heard many make that claim.  I think the general consensus is that he's a very average quarterback who is certainly not good enough for a team to put up with the media circus that he would bring.   He's probably better then about a dozen league backups. But only slightly better. Not a Difference Maker and not worth bringing in.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

I haven't heard many make that claim.  I think the general consensus is that he's a very average quarterback who is certainly not good enough for a team to put up with the media circus that he would bring.   He's probably better then about a dozen league backups. But only slightly better. Not a Difference Maker and not worth bringing in.

But that's where people are wrong.  He can be a difference maker.  I know he's average overall but there's no denying that he can make plays that many other QBs can not.  He gives a team a better chance to win than Tolzien does.  There's a point where winning games trumps putting up with the media.  He's better than a dozen other backups.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

The rams played in Anaheim before :shrug:

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

But that's where people are wrong.  He can be a difference maker.  I know he's average overall but there's no denying that he can make plays that many other QBs can not.  He gives a team a better chance to win than Tolzien does.  There's a point where winning games trumps putting up with the media.  He's better than a dozen other backups.

Just talked to my dad about this. He's a total Fox News type of guy. Casually brought up Kaepernick, and how it's funny that the Tolzien guy is a starting QB week 1. Apparently people have been brainwashed that Kap doesn't want to play football, isn't serious about it at all, and only wants to play for a ton of money.

Edited by Bacon is Delicious

24 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

They had 60k.  Part of the issue is the Colosseum seats 100k.   

1 person likes this

junior said

"He's probably better then about a dozen league backups."

Hawk counters with

"He's better than a dozen other backups."

and we in here talking about a backup. I mean, listen, we're talking about a backup, not a HOFer , not a HOFer, not a HOFer, we talking about a backup. Not a HOFer. Not, not …  Not a HOFer, but we're talking about a backup, man. I mean, how silly is that? …

34 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I went to the season opener last year. That stadium is not built for the heat. It was so bad that people were breaking into the concession stands and looting ice. Ice. The heat index was like 110+. Something like 40 people had to be hospitalized. The stadium ran out of water in the third quarter. 

This had "stay away" all over it. It wasn't bad in late October and November, but no way would I attend a game in this temperature. 

31 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I tend to think nfl owners, coaches, and GMs no more than fantasy Message Board posters about player personnel and what's best for their team.

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

I went to the season opener last year. That stadium is not built for the heat. It was so bad that people were breaking into the concession stands and looting ice. Ice. The heat index was like 110+. Something like 40 people had to be hospitalized. The stadium ran out of water in the third quarter. 

This had "stay away" all over it. It wasn't bad in late October and November, but no way would I attend a game in this temperature. 

....and just think, the Packers would sell out if it was 110 or -50.

Just now, JohnnyU said:

....and just think, the Packers would sell out if it was 110 or -50.

They would be prepared to handle it. I don't think Lambeau would run out of water. 

7 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

They would be prepared to handle it. I don't think Lambeau would run out of water. 

That made no sense.  Why would one be more prepared with water than the other?  In LA do they have to create it by desalinate ocean water?

Edited by JohnnyU

Just now, JohnnyU said:

That made no sense.  Why would one be more prepared with water than the other?

It didn't make sense. Yet, it happened. The LA coliseum ran out of water last year after halftime. People were passing out in the heat.  Reread my post 

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

It didn't make sense. Yet, it happened. The LA coliseum ran out of water last year after halftime. People were passing out in the heat.  Reread my post 

Someone needs to tell LA they don't have to disalinate ocean water and that it comes in big trucks.

Edited by JohnnyU

My point is I'm sure Lambeau management is much more competent than the LA Coliseum people, who were woefully unprepared for the crowd in the heat. The story locally was a big deal. Football fans here would not bother coming out to a hot game here to watch a visiting team led by a backup. 

After five years of Fisher, I had forgotten that football is supposed to be a joyful experience.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Walking Boot said:

My point is I'm sure Lambeau management is much more competent than the LA Coliseum people, who were woefully unprepared for the crowd in the heat. The story locally was a big deal. Football fans here would not bother coming out to a hot game here to watch a visiting team led by a backup. 

They will probably lose their team again before I kick the bucket.

2 minutes ago, Junior McSpiffy said:

After five years of Fisher, I had forgotten that football is supposed to be a joyful experience.

Preach on brother!   

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

Well, who was going to the games when they were in St Louis the last couple of years? 

Maybe the problem isn't the fans.  Maybe the problem was the team not giving the fans a reason to show up.  A few more performances like this, and you can be certain they'll sell out that stadium no matter how cavernous it is.

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, Junior McSpiffy said:

Well, who was going to the games when they were in St Louis the last couple of years? 

Maybe the problem isn't the fans.  Maybe the problem was the team not giving the fans a reason to show up.  A few more performances like this, and you can be certain they'll sell out that stadium no matter how cavernous it is.

Too many options for the entertainment dollar in LA.  That's why LA will always be fair weather fans.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Too many options for the entertainment dollar in LA.  That's why LA will always be fair weather fans.

So what's your excuse for the low turnout in St Louis?  Maybe... year after year of a crappy team?  The same team many people were expecting to come out this season as well?

40 minutes ago, Junior McSpiffy said:

So what's your excuse for the low turnout in St Louis?  Maybe... year after year of a crappy team?  The same team many people were expecting to come out this season as well?

Well, both have lost NFL teams and history suggests it probably won't be the last.

16 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

musical NFL franchise. One will move back to San Diego. Probably in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep. Then the owner can say 'huh. what are you talking about, we've been here all along.' I see the San Diego Rams in the future. Spanos made his bed and royally ####ed up. Can't see him putting his tail between his legs.