What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seattle at Green Bay (1 Viewer)

Lane choked Adams with his forearm using all his strength and weight leverage while pinning Adams to the ground. There was a definite intent to cause injury. 

I am a college and HS basketball official.  I usually side with sports officials and think they receive A LOT of unfair criticism.

The two calls on that pick 6 were AWFUL.  

I'm seeing lots of over officiating today, which continues the recent trend in the NFL.  Its hurting the league.

Lane choked Adams with his forearm using all his strength and weight leverage while pinning Adams to the ground. There was a definite intent to cause injury. 
If that is the case, I'm on board. Unfortunately everything I see is filtered through the journalistic integrity of Joe Buck.

Watching the game and I don't see any juice in Lacy.  On Carsons 10 yard catch he stiff armed his defender.  Next play he ran angry for positive yards.  I'm liking what I see.  He's got attitude.

man I really thought Wilson was gonna go off along with Baldwin/Richardson. Didn't think it was gonna be a shootout at all but this is surprising.

montgomery looks very unimpressive. cant wait for these rookies to catch on so we can see some plays.
you've made it clear you prefer Williams or other dude through several topics. 

This sounds downright ridiculous. In a 0-0 game with none of the GB anyone looking impressive you're calling out Montgomery specifically? :rolleyes:  

not one guy in GB looks good. At least Montgomery has had positive yards and pass protected well. 

Not sure what else you'd expect him to do against this D. 

Last edited by a moderator:
you've made it clear you prefer Williams or other dude through several topics. 

This sounds downright ridiculous. In a 0-0 game with none of the GB anyone looking imoressive you're calling out Montgomery specifically? :rolleyes:  

not one guy in GB looks good. At least Montgomery has had positive yards and pass protected well. 

Not sure what else you'd expect him to do against the D. 
the defense is a fair point but green bay has had less trouble passing the ball against what I would argue a better pass d than running d. 

so what of I'm airing my grievances here? he doesn't look good... he isn't hitting the holes and he's making nothing of his opportunities. a broken tackle isn't too much to ask for imo

not even halfway through the first game of the first season and Seattle fans are #####ing about the refs 
Not a Seattle fan but can't stand it when the refs take 7 points off the board for bogus penalties.  If the play happened on the last play of a tied game it would biggest story in sports.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a Seattle fan but can't stand when the refs take 7 points off the board for bogus penalties.  If the play happened on the last play of a tied game it would biggest story in sports.  
A block in the back, preventing a player from tackling the returner, is not a bogus penalty. 

Note: I have no dog in this fight. 

of all those playing the worst statistics are ty Montgomery and Russell Wilson. but no one talk about how bad either of them look... might upset those invested in them this week :rolleyes:

Not a Seattle fan but can't stand when the refs take 7 points off the board for bogus penalties.  If the play happened on the last play of a tied game it would biggest story in sports.  
You're a Viking fan. I seriously doubt you'd be saying the same thing if the calls had been against Green Bay.

the defense is a fair point but green bay has had less trouble passing the ball against what I would argue a better pass d than running d. 

so what of I'm airing my grievances here? he doesn't look good... he isn't hitting the holes and he's making nothing of his opportunities. a broken tackle isn't too much to ask for imo
Neither has Williams. 

You sound like you're being very selective here & seeing what you want to see.

i see an entire offense struggling to do anything. Suggesting Montgomery is worthy of specific notice for this seems a bit strange. 

Well known Hawk homer Howie Long complaining about bad calls against the Hawks on halftime show.
They were horrible calls. 

Both he ejection & the block in the back were phantom calls. If anything Adams should have been penalized.

and I'm no fan of the Seahawks. 

Haven't been able to watch yet today...just following while my son plays soccer...willwatch later.

Has it been more inept offense or just good defense both ways here?

of all those playing the worst statistics are ty Montgomery and Russell Wilson. but no one talk about how bad either of them look... might upset those invested in them this week :rolleyes:
Has nothing to do with being invested in anyone. 

GB hasn't done a thing - Montgomery didn't even get a carry for the first 2 series.  He turned several negative runs into positives.

Your criticism of him seems unwarranted and somewhat exaggerated.

Users who are viewing this thread