What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Picking up a WR or RB Playing Tonight - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
PPR League.  Lost Allen Robinson and Danny Woodhead this weekend.  I do have an IR spot so Woodhead can be stashed there if need be for a while.

Planning to cut my kicker for tonight and pick up somebody eles to get ahead of waiver pickups.  So whoever I get tonight has to come from Saints, Vikings, Chargers or Broncos.

I should win - currently up by 28.2, I have Wil Lutz tonight, he has the Broncos DST.  Broncos are capable of hitting that number, but I doubt they do that well against the Chargers.  In our league, Rams and Jaguars hit 28.0 as top scorers so far this week.

Because our waivers run in reverse order of record, ideally I want to win but have the lowest scoring team among the winners, so I get the better waiver spot.  The 6 losers would go 1-6, then the 6 winners would be 7-12, in reverse order of fewest points scored.  Hence why I would prefer to take the zero at Kicker this week.

These players are available to be picked up tonight.  I am only interested in their value for ROS, not tonight.  I will not start them tonight.  PPR League.
Brandon Coleman - New Orleans WR
Coby Fleener - New Orleans TE
Alvin Kamara - New Orleans RB
Laquon Treadwell - Minnesota WR
Latavius Murray - Minnesota RB
Jerick McKinnon - Minnesota RB
Jarius Wright - Minnesota WR
Antonio Gates - LA Chargers TE
Travis Benjamin - LA Chargers WR
Chargers DST - LA Chargers DST - next week they play Miami at home
Mike Williams - LA Chargers WR
Branden Oliver - LA Chargers RB
Devontae Booker - Denver RB
De'Angelo Henderson - Denver RB

Here are my other players
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - Ezekiel Elliott
RB - Isaiah Crowell
RB - Danny Woodhead - hamstring
RB - Doug Martin - suspended through week 4
RB - Dion Lewis
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Deandre Hopkins
WR - Tyrell Williams
WR - Jamison Crowder
WR - Allen Robinson - torn ACL
TE - Jimmy Graham
K  - Wil Lutz
DST- Steelers (I generally stream Defenses)

post a link and I will help in return

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR League.  Lost Allen Robinson and Danny Woodhead this weekend.  I do have an IR spot so Woodhead can be stashed there if need be for a while.

Planning to cut my kicker for tonight and pick up somebody eles to get ahead of waiver pickups.  So whoever I get tonight has to come from Saints, Vikings, Chargers or Broncos.

I should win - currently up by 28.2, I have Wil Lutz tonight, he has the Broncos DST.  Broncos are capable of hitting that number, but I doubt they do that well against the Chargers.  In our league, Rams and Jaguars hit 28.0 as top scorers so far this week.

Because our waivers run in reverse order of record, ideally I want to win but have the lowest scoring team among the winners, so I get the better waiver spot.  The 6 losers would go 1-6, then the 6 winners would be 7-12, in reverse order of fewest points scored.  Hence why I would prefer to take the zero at Kicker this week.

These players are available to be picked up tonight.  I am only interested in their value for ROS, not tonight.  I will not start them tonight.  PPR League.
Brandon Coleman - New Orleans WR
Coby Fleener - New Orleans TE
Alvin Kamara - New Orleans RB
Laquon Treadwell - Minnesota WR
Latavius Murray - Minnesota RB
Jerick McKinnon - Minnesota RB
Jarius Wright - Minnesota WR
Antonio Gates - LA Chargers TE
Travis Benjamin - LA Chargers WR
Chargers DST - LA Chargers DST - next week they play Miami at home
Mike Williams - LA Chargers WR
Branden Oliver - LA Chargers RB
Devontae Booker - Denver RB
De'Angelo Henderson - Denver RB

Here are my other players
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - Ezekiel Elliott
RB - Isaiah Crowell
RB - Danny Woodhead - hamstring
RB - Doug Martin - suspended through week 4
RB - Dion Lewis
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Deandre Hopkins
WR - Tyrell Williams
WR - Jamison Crowder
WR - Allen Robinson - torn ACL
TE - Jimmy Graham
K  - Wil Lutz
DST- Steelers (I generally stream Defenses)

post a link and I will help in return
Hmm, Interesting move. Let's hope for your sake the Broncos DST don't go off today. So, from that list and it isn't the greatest set of options, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd probably roll with Coby Fleener. It might be stretching it a little bit, but I think at best he could have low end TE1 upside, the Saints do have a relatively easily TE schedule & while Graham is a legit top 5 maybe even top TE, the Seahawks schedule from a TE standpoint is one of the hardest out there. The other options I was considering were the Rams DST who obviously dominated the Tolizen-led Colts & have a decent enough schedule especially when looking at the first half of the season.

thanks for the reply.  Obviously I will be working the waiver wire this week, this is just a way of grabbing something (anything) before that.  This guy I pick up today could very well be cut this week through regular waivers.  There are actually attractive options available, but at least 6 people will go ahead of me, so don't expect to get the good stuff.

Kamara? Has a "natural" PPR potential based on Saints O# scheme history...

As for the TE, Graham's bye week is 6, and with some luck these players may be available....
C.J. Fiedorowicz vs. CLE,
Austin Hooper vs. MIA,
Julius Thomas vs. ATL,
Antonio Gates vs. OAK,
Delanie Walker vs. IND.

---

Thanks for your help in my topic...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea about Miami and TB - I hadn't though of them.  It might come in handy during the bye weeks to not forget about those teams.

I had to decide before leaving work so I pulled the trigger for Latavius Murray.  Dalvin Cook has a history of fumbling in college, so if he fumbles tonight, could see him go to the bench.  And I do think Murray gets the goal line work at least early in the season.

As for tight ends, Hooper, FIedorowicz and Orange Julius are all still available, so I will keep that in mind for the regular waivers this week.

Thanks all for the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread