What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guys in Relationships but without Kids - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
So I'm 42 and don't have any kids. I have had a steady girlfriend for a few years.

Curious to see what guys are doing with their spare time...I'm an avid poker player, watch a lot of sports, workout pretty regularly but I am starting to get bored with that routine.

What do you guys do to keep yourselves entertained?  

41, no kids, 14yr relationship. 

Bars to watch games, Kickball/Softball, Running, yardwork, cooking/grilling, Cookouts with friends, Traveling, Going out to eat...etc  

Last edited by a moderator:
Just turned 40, married for 5 years.  No kids or plans for kids.

- Traveling.  Our goal is at least one passport stamp a year with other trips within the US sprinkled in.

- Photography

- PC Gaming

- Cooking

- 2 cats

Eat a lot, travel, chill with the wife and two dogs, work out occasionally, eat some more, go to the movies, bowl, play poker, etc. etc.

41 - good job, somewhat steady girlfriend and no kids or plans to ever have kids:

- Travel - at least 2-3 out of country trips (Vietnam (2x's) and Cuba so far this year with plans for either Europe or Costa Rica at then end of the year) per year

- Travel within the US at least monthly (too many to count but highlights, Big Sur, SF, New York, Memphis, Scottsdale, Albuquerque, Monterrey several times, San Diego several times, Napa, Paso Robles, Pismo Beach, etc). 

- Too many dinners (i am in 3 or 4 wine clubs) with friends to count.  I probably spend $3M per month on this hobby.  

- auto racing - typically average 1x per month outside of Los Angeles where i live

- Avid home chef - Typically host at least one dinner party and cook at one more per month

Basically whatever the heck i want.  Having no kids may suck someday but it certainly won't be anytime soon.  

49, married 1 year - Yoga, eating out, drinking, watching sports, binging Netflix, travel, looking for a bigger condo.

35, married 8 years. I workout, travel, eat out, hang out with friends (many are also without kids). Read, watch movies. Try to learn new languages, cook. Just take up whatever hobby or interest strikes me.

49 and was with ex wife for 12 years and now with current gf for almost 8 years.  

Travel

Disc golf + annual boondoggle 

Golf + annual boondoggle 

cooking

extra time with nephews ( before we moved)

hiking / biking 

I'm never bored. The days still fly by way too fast. There's so much I still want to see and do.

I'm never bored. The days still fly by way too fast. There's so much I still want to see and do.
I feel as though Monday's are my only rest day at this point.  Summer time in LA seems to be day after day of packed activities.  

Same here. Even though I don't work all August, there's always things to do. Plus, what's wrong with spending time relaxing and doing nothing?

so, Screaming Eagle, Ghost Horse, Colgin and SQN?
SQN is not even my favorite Paso wine (Saxum and Law are both better).....I am actually opening a Harlan at a blind tasting tomorrow (high end napa vs bordeaux), don't tell anyone.  I would not be surprised if there was a screaming eagle in that mix.   

SQN is not even my favorite Paso wine (Saxum and Law are both better).....I am actually opening a Harlan at a blind tasting tomorrow (high end napa vs bordeaux), don't tell anyone.  I would not be surprised if there was a screaming eagle in that mix.   
agreed on SQN...just trying to think of the most Culty producers. i do like some Saxum, but the Bone Rock and James Berry bottlings are out of my price range. 

enjoy the blind tasting, those are always fun.

agreed on SQN...just trying to think of the most Culty producers. i do like some Saxum, but the Bone Rock and James Berry bottlings are out of my price range. 

enjoy the blind tasting, those are always fun.
I get them for 90 per bottle.  Buddy of mine has been on the wine club list for some time so give me 1/2 of his allocation at cost.  I was just looking through the tasting notes on the Broken Stones - They used to sell for $36 per bottle. 

I get them for 90 per bottle.  Buddy of mine has been on the wine club list for some time so give me 1/2 of his allocation at cost.  I was just looking through the tasting notes on the Broken Stones - They used to sell for $36 per bottle. 
that's a sweet deal. i think the '15s are coming out at $98.

my price range is more like Villa Creek. 

jamny said:
:goodposting:

ETA: Gardening, Traveling, New experiences together. It never gets old.

41, no kids, a few girlfriends.  Work, art, women, exercise, sport and travel keep me busy.  Plan on doing the kid thing when I'm 45ish.   Definitely eased up on the bar/drinking scene so there have been periods of boredom b/c I've been fairly accustomed to that life for the last 20+ years.

i wish i had more of a palate for sparkling wine, but i just don't get 'em. 2006 should be in a really good place though, and that's a house with a stellar reputation. 

curious to see how the BV stands up to French counterparts blind. i remember 2012 was a really good vintage across the North Coast (especially after the cool '10 & '11), especially if someone in the group brings a 1st Growth. 

have fun tonight - hope the wines show well!

45, w/ girlfriend for the last 18 months. Travel, eat, cook, out with friends, garden. Table tennis takes a couple of nights a week. We hang 3-4 nights a week, each have separate houses. Not sure I'm going to live with another significant other again. The space is too nice. The only ##### who sleeps with me when we're apart is my Ridgeback, Belle.  She also keeps me healthy with the daily walks. 

Would love to cut loose more (better living through chemistry) but GF is a bit on the straight and narrow. Not sure if that or the dog will be the first to come between us. 

My childless brethren,

1.) Besides your spouse, who are you going to leave your mass wealth to?

2.) One of my greatest fears of being childless is getting tossed into a nursing home to be forgotten when I'm old and demented.  I've spent time visiting others in nursing homes and it is a place I never want to be in.  What are your plans for care when you are elderly?

My childless brethren,

2.) One of my greatest fears of being childless is getting tossed into a nursing home to be forgotten when I'm old and demented.  I've spent time visiting others in nursing homes and it is a place I never want to be in.  What are your plans for care when you are elderly?
Get a hot young piece of ### to see you through your final days. 

49, empty nester for almost 3 weeks now.  It's beyond glorious but it's way way too easy to break out the booze in the evening with the wife. 

My childless brethren,

1 - We have our will designed to split our estate equally among parents, siblings, nephews and niece and will automatically readjust as people pass away. Last one(s) standing get the gold. We will probably make some changes to donate to charities at some time.

2- I'll worry about that when the time comes. I think it's actually worse to have children who dump you in a nursing home and never visit and I've seen that a lot.

This. I actively have to force myself to have a couple days of rest per week. Could easily fill another 2-3 days a week with crap to see and do. Can't imagine being "bored". 

This. I actively have to force myself to have a couple days of rest per week. Could easily fill another 2-3 days a week with crap to see and do. Can't imagine being "bored". 
x2 - i swear i am beat by the time the weekend rolls around so i just want to take a day to lounge.  

Users who are viewing this thread