Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TripItUp

Guys in Relationships but without Kids - Official Thread

141 posts in this topic

Beer. Basically all the beer. Plus Rum, Gin and the brown boozes too. Oh, and tequila. 

My childless brethren,

1.) Besides your spouse, who are you going to leave your mass wealth to?

2.) One of my greatest fears of being childless is getting tossed into a nursing home to be forgotten when I'm old and demented.  I've spent time visiting others in nursing homes and it is a place I never want to be in.  What are your plans for care when you are elderly?

1 minute ago, Scoresman said:

My childless brethren,

2.) One of my greatest fears of being childless is getting tossed into a nursing home to be forgotten when I'm old and demented.  I've spent time visiting others in nursing homes and it is a place I never want to be in.  What are your plans for care when you are elderly?

Get a hot young piece of ### to see you through your final days. 

4 people like this

49, empty nester for almost 3 weeks now.  It's beyond glorious but it's way way too easy to break out the booze in the evening with the wife. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

My childless brethren,

1 - We have our will designed to split our estate equally among parents, siblings, nephews and niece and will automatically readjust as people pass away. Last one(s) standing get the gold. We will probably make some changes to donate to charities at some time.

2- I'll worry about that when the time comes. I think it's actually worse to have children who dump you in a nursing home and never visit and I've seen that a lot.

2 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

It's beyond glorious but it's way way too easy to break out the booze in the evening with the wife. 

and?

what's the problem with that?

2 people like this

Just now, jamny said:

and?

what's the problem with that?

Nothing.  Nothing at all. 

2 people like this

On 9/11/2017 at 5:56 PM, jamny said:

I'm never bored. The days still fly by way too fast. There's so much I still want to see and do.

This. I actively have to force myself to have a couple days of rest per week. Could easily fill another 2-3 days a week with crap to see and do. Can't imagine being "bored". 

17 hours ago, Slapdash said:

That is crazy

I work in banking so i assume you all know that 3M = $3,000 right?  I am starting to getting a complex that i spend too much on dinners/wine.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, [icon] said:

This. I actively have to force myself to have a couple days of rest per week. Could easily fill another 2-3 days a week with crap to see and do. Can't imagine being "bored". 

x2 - i swear i am beat by the time the weekend rolls around so i just want to take a day to lounge.  

46 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

My childless brethren,

I'm not sure it's best to live your 65+ "good" years in a certain way out of fear of being "alone" for the few "bad" years at the end. Not to say those who choose to have children are doing anything wrong... but I think those who have children just so they won't be alone in their 70's are probably making a mistake. 

6 people like this

44 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

My childless brethren,

My plan is to have my name on a building, preferably a humane society or no kill shelter, that i donated along with an endowment to help fund operations. We'll see how it goes.  Plan B is to bounce the check to the funeral home that is cremating me.  

5 people like this

15 hours ago, offdee said:

I sure hope that M was meant to be a K. 

My GB Sbonomo does quite well, but not $3MM/mo on dining well. In finance (and many other worlds), M is thousand, and MM is million. 

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, sbonomo said:

My plan is to have my name on a building, preferably a humane society or no kill shelter, that i donated along with an endowment to help fund operations. We'll see how it goes.  Plan B is to bounce the check to the funeral home that is cremating me.  

:goodposting:  Or create a trust for my nieces to help them along if I can. 

17 hours ago, Christo said:

The trick was waiting to marry a chick who had sent her kid to college and was ready to have a good time. 

I'll keep that in mind for my second marriage. 

14 minutes ago, [icon] said:

My GB Sbonomo does quite well, but not $3MM/mo on dining well. In finance (and many other worlds), M is thousand, and MM is million. 

Cause it's a thousand thousands! :lightbulb:

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Zow said:

second marriage. 

You're doing it wrong.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Scoresman said:

My childless brethren,

1. Nieces & nephews, I guess. Kinda don't care.

2. Bullet to the brain. If the highlight of my day is getting wheeled out to a patio because it's sunny out, I'll go with the pine box.

5 people like this

45 minutes ago, Thorn said:

Cause it's a thousand thousands! :lightbulb:

Ya roman numerals...I always forget that non bankers use k's not m's.  

Just now, sbonomo said:

Ya roman numerals...I always forget that non bankers use k's not m's.  

I actually knew that M was 1000 and MM was a million, but never thought about why.

2 minutes ago, Thorn said:

I actually knew that M was 1000 and MM was a million, but never thought about why.

I have no idea why bankers use this but it is pretty standard across the board.  I have done it so long seeing a K is weird to me.  

I prefer G's, yo!

2 people like this

racks

5 people like this

20 hours ago, Zow said:

Ah, yes, free time.  #### you guys. 

One instance in which the language filter should not apply.

1 hour ago, sbonomo said:

I work in banking so i assume you all know that 3M = $3,000 right?  I am starting to getting a complex that i spend too much on dinners/wine.

Maybe when you are keying in a trade, but the common usage at both banks I have worked is:  k, mm, B, and T.  A lot of people use the m for millions too.

Btw, $3k is still a lot.

Edited by Slapdash
1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Thorn said:

racks

Go on....:popcorn:

36 minutes ago, sbonomo said:

I have no idea why bankers use this but it is pretty standard across the board.  I have done it so long seeing a K is weird to me.  

I was much more impressed when I thought you were spending $36 million/yr on dinner & wine.

6 people like this

20 hours ago, Zow said:

Ah, yes, free time.  #### you guys. 

Love you too. 

45 minutes ago, sbonomo said:

When I've used trade systems, the m key always multiplies by 1000s.  Not sure why.

25 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

I was much more impressed when I thought you were spending $36 million/yr on dinner & wine.

:lmao: i wish. 

17 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

45, w/ girlfriend for the last 18 months. Travel, eat, cook, out with friends, garden. Table tennis takes a couple of nights a week. We hang 3-4 nights a week, each have separate houses. Not sure I'm going to live with another significant other again. The space is too nice. The only ##### who sleeps with me when we're apart is my Ridgeback, Belle.  She also keeps me healthy with the daily walks. 

Would love to cut loose more (better living through chemistry) but GF is a bit on the straight and narrow. Not sure if that or the dog will be the first to come between us. 

edibles are your friend. 

2 hours ago, Quint said:

edibles are your friend. 

Eh, I have more flower than I know what to do with, and I don't smoke. Figure that one out. Edibles every once in awhile. I've made some KILLER peanut butter cookies from ghee butter. 

I would like to say hello again to some MDMA though.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Scoresman said:

My childless brethren,

1. Why wouldn't I leave it to her? If she goes first, I have 3 nieces and 2 nephews. Plenty in the next generation.

2. Lots of people with children end up in nursing homes, too.

1 person likes this

Mid 40s no kids. I have my main woman of 20 years and lots of "friends". Have a great time moonlighting at my partners Night Club (biggest between L.A. and the Bay).

Ordered a 34in ultrawide gaming monitor today. Woman picked-up some Mexican food on her way home for me, did my fantasy waivers/bids, was on phone/skype with about 6 or so buddies the last couple hours setting up a MNF gathering week 3, and gonna hit gym in an hour.

Life is good great. 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Scoresman said:

My childless brethren,

I don't think I'll get to "elderly" :shrug: 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Sebowski said:

I don't think I'll get to "elderly" :shrug: 

Better to burn out, than to fade away.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:46 PM, [icon] said:

41, no kids, 14yr relationship. 

Bars to watch games, Kickball/Softball, Running, yardwork, cooking/grilling, Cookouts with friends, Traveling, Going out to eat...etc  

In the same ball park. Most of my friends have kids and while they love them there is always a "but" that we always get to hear about. 

1 person likes this

On 9/12/2017 at 7:51 PM, comfortably numb said:

I hope you all get herpes 

:oldunsure:

On 9/11/2017 at 2:46 PM, [icon] said:

41, no kids, 14yr relationship. 

Bars to watch games, Kickball/Softball, Running, yardwork, cooking/grilling, Cookouts with friends, Traveling, Going out to eat...etc  

44, 2 kids in high school, another in college, married 15 years.  This sounds like my life, except bars to watch games (prefer to watch at home, kids or no), walking instead of running, and traveling (replace that with travel sports instead).

I played sports as of two years ago, but the joints don't allow it anymore.  We bonfire and have cookout with friends as much as possible, and go out to eat all the time.  

Not meaning to hijack, or debate kids vs no kids, but people who can never do anything because of their kids are making that choice, not prevented from making that choice.

2 people like this