What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty vultures - what do you give for Rodgers, DJ, ARob, Cook? (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
Hi, I'm Hank and I'm a fantasy vulture.  I'm not above swooping in on an owner that's suffering and offering him an exit strategy.  With Arob and DJ out long term, here's our first chance to strike.

If you're a contender, what would you take to plug the hole?  What is DJ worth?  Do you take AJ Green straight up?  Nelson?  How about Crowell for ARob?

If you're (re)building, what are you offering? 

Would be especially interested in completed trades involving either guy.

I am a contender and just lost DJ and Woodhead for a while. I wouldn't take a discount on DJ at all, I would make the Bell owner add something for the swap, and I would trade for Zeke straight up, I think. If I owned AR15 I would take a 2018 first if I thought it was early to mid. If it was late I would need  something else added, probably another late 1st, early 2nd type player depending on who it was.

Arob, Gerald Everett and a good safety prospect were traded today for Keenan Allen.

I was offered Arob for Stefon Diggs. Was also offered Arob and Donta Foreman for Brandin Cooks

I am a contender and just lost DJ and Woodhead for a while. I wouldn't take a discount on DJ at all, I would make the Bell owner add something for the swap, and I would trade for Zeke straight up, I think. If I owned AR15 I would take a 2018 first if I thought it was early to mid. If it was late I would need  something else added, probably another late 1st, early 2nd type player depending on who it was.
You don't put any emphasis on this year?  You just lost a huge chunk of points, you wouldn't give up a slice of the future to put those points back in your lineup?  No AJG, Julio, AB? 

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't put any emphasis on this year?  You just lost a huge chunk of points, you wouldn't give up a slice of the future to put those points back in your lineup?  No AJG, Julio, AB? 
I have AB, and no. I think I can still make the playoffs without D.J. A healthy and rested DJ going into the fantasy playoffs is a scary thing for opponents. 

I have AB, and no. I think I can still make the playoffs without D.J. A healthy and rested DJ going into the fantasy playoffs is a scary thing for opponents. 
If the Cards are out of the playoffs by then, id think there's a real chance you don't see him until 2018

Well, you don't have to worry about making any decisions on DJ.  You are undervaluing what looks to be a lost season.  

I suppose that's where I'm surprised, I see his successful return this year as a much less certainty than you do.  8-12 weeks could be week 13 pretty easy, and then you gotta wonder how much ARI will use him even if he's back.  You do bring up a good point though that it's not yet a certainty he doesn't come raging back so that's something to consider. 

I just lost DJ & am considering talking to the Fournette owner.  Keeper, not dynasty,  but DJ can be kept for 3 more years @7% of the cap, while the top RBs usually go for about 33% when they re-enter the auction pool.  Fournette is 22% of the cap.  He'd have to give me more, though. He has Crowell, but I don't know if he'll give both.

Depends. If Johnson wants to come back and play I don't think they will say no if he is healthy. 
If he can come back after the week 8 bye (week 9 or 10), I don't think they will be officially eliminated so I'd say he comes back this year. 

I suppose that's where I'm surprised, I see his successful return this year as a much less certainty than you do.  8-12 weeks could be week 13 pretty easy, and then you gotta wonder how much ARI will use him even if he's back.  You do bring up a good point though that it's not yet a certainty he doesn't come raging back so that's something to consider. 
I didn't want to make this about my team, but here is who I was starting and who I will be. Feel pretty confident that I can make the playoffs because it is the 4th year of the dynasty so there are like 3 or 4 teams rebuilding, and one of them is in my division and I get to play him twice,

Luck/Dak

DJ/Melvin Gordon/Woodhead/Lynch

AB/Tate/Marvin Jones/Doctson

Reed/Witten

I also have Golladay/Taylor Tawann/ David Njoku/John Ross if I want to make a deal.

I feel like I am in good position to just hold

Yeah, just like people were talking about Zeke and having him down the stretch, the thought of a completely rested David Johnson coming back in the FF playoffs (Titans, Redskins, Giants), has to be enticing...if you can survive until then.  

It is especially true for the RB position and when it is a great RB. By Week 14, there are going to be some name players out. Some of them will be RBs. So, its not like you get a player back. You get a great player back and your opponents are probably missing a guy somewhere. It is a huge swing if you can get to that point. 

Yeah, just like people were talking about Zeke and having him down the stretch, the thought of a completely rested David Johnson coming back in the FF playoffs (Titans, Redskins, Giants), has to be enticing...if you can survive until then.  

It is especially true for the RB position and when it is a great RB. By Week 14, there are going to be some name players out. Some of them will be RBs. So, its not like you get a player back. You get a great player back and your opponents are probably missing a guy somewhere. It is a huge swing if you can get to that point. 
It's scary to start a guy in his first game back in a playoff game. Sure he's rested but he's rusty and not in game shape. He needs a couple weeks to get ready.

It's scary to start a guy in his first game back in a playoff game. Sure he's rested but he's rusty and not in game shape. He needs a couple weeks to get ready.
Generally true but 75% of David Johnson is probably better than most players at the position after 3 months of NFL action. 

David Johnson was the cards entire offense.  The only team that needs a young quarterback as badly as the jets is the cardinals. They don't even have to try to tank without Johnson.  If this team wins 4 games they've made an enormous, franchise altering mistake.  It would be ridiculous if he sat out 12 games then played in week 13. 

David Johnson was the cards entire offense.  The only team that needs a young quarterback as badly as the jets is the cardinals. They don't even have to try to tank without Johnson.  If this team wins 4 games they've made an enormous, franchise altering mistake.  It would be ridiculous if he sat out 12 games then played in week 13. 
I agree, he was their everything. I expect them to be terrible BUT, they are professionals and you know guys like Palmer and Fitz aren't going to stop trying. They do get 2 games with the niners, the Colts, and a few games that might be winnable in those first 9 games or so.

It's just hard to say this might be Fitz's last year and if they some how are 4-5 or so and can get DJ back....how do they just pack it in? I don't think they will.

The Jets, on the other hand, have no options. They are just historically bad. They are going to lose and lose a lot.

I am rebuilding in one league and I am considering offering some players for Robinson and DJ. Still debating on who and if it works I will report back

DJ = full value

Allen Robinson = big discount and frankly, I wouldn't give a late 1st rd rookie for him.

If you offered Robinson for Snead I would refuse, 

That's crazy talk, just because of the flip potential. Snead will never have the same trade value. You make that swap and then profit off it this offseason...or immediately, because ARob is worth more than Snead. 

Really?....why?
If I needed Snead this year I would refuse.  I don't own Robinson in any league and I haven't ever pursued him.  However, if I didn't need Snead I would probably do the deal and hope I could trade Robinson later.

If I needed Snead this year I would refuse.  I don't own Robinson in any league and I haven't ever pursued him.
This is good conversation, but we're taking need out of it.  If you're rebuilding and don't need Snead, or just have a ton of WR depth, would you do it?

This is good conversation, but we're taking need out of it.  If you're rebuilding and don't need Snead, or just have a ton of WR depth, would you do it?
If I didn't need Snead this year I would because I can probably profit from Robinson eventually.  Having said that, I'm not looking to buy Robinson.

Trade just went down in a 16 team PPR dynasty I'm in. I have no part of this, but it seems pretty reasonable.

Dalvin Cook for David Johnson

Team getting DJ isn't competing this year while the Cook side is. Kind of backwards thinking of it that way considering vet vs. rookie, but Cook is a better win now asset due to injury.  

Trade just went down in a 16 team PPR dynasty I'm in. I have no part of this, but it seems pretty reasonable.

Team getting DJ isn't competing this year while the Cook side is. Kind of backwards thinking of it that way considering vet vs. rookie, but Cook is a better win now asset due to injury.  
Not a chance I would do that.

Seems pretty light and im down on DJ. Cook just ran over a putrid defense. Id want to see more than that before dealing a stud like Johnson.

I just tried to get AR15 in PPR dynasty & his owner wants TWO 1st round rookie picks LOL

In my current situation I would give up to 1st picks.

Tex
Too much IMO. This is a start 3 WR + 2 flex, but I am not dying at WR. I have AJ, Adams, Matthews, M. Jones, Kupp, K. Benjamin & also drafted Zay Jones & Schuster so they could hit as well. I would give one 1st for ARob

The problem with giving 1sts for ARob is your target is a contender that needs to replace his points, and those picks don't do that guy any good.  So you're unlikely to get any kind of urgency discount on him.

The problem with giving 1sts for ARob is your target is a contender that needs to replace his points, and those picks don't do that guy any good.  So you're unlikely to get any kind of urgency discount on him.
Not every ARob owner is a contender this year. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread