What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hillary Clinton thread. 'Done' but not going away. (2 Viewers)

It’s not an excuse. I offered 3 reasons for her being a poor candidate. Two of them are on her. This one is not. It’s real whether you believe it or not. 
People weren't going to vote for Obama because he was black, but yet he whipped two pretty decent GOP candidates.   People vote for the candidate that they feel will do the best for the country.  If you listed a hundred reasons, maybe it would crack the list.  But top 3 is nonsense.   Nobody cares.  

Come on man gtfo out of here with that.   Thats the exact built in excuse she went immediately for when she lost.  She knew exactly what her slogan "Im with Her" was going to be about.  She didnt lose at all because people are sexiest she lost for the other reasons you mentioned.  She is the only dem in my lifetime I didnt vote for her.  People like myself loathe her and it has nothing to do with her sex
@bigbottom “what’s wrong with being sexy?”

He's not a Trump supporter, at least he doesn't claim to be. If I remember correctly, he claims to be some kind of Democrat. Except that he only seems to criticize Democrats. He also seems to think that everyone but him is emotionally hung up on Hillary Clinton.

It's similar to Ren's schtick where he says "They're all awful" and then proceeds to criticize everyone but Trump.
This is close to the truth about me but not really but for FFA.  Spot on. 

David Axelrod‏ @davidaxelrod

@RahmEmanuel: "I don't think you can make it to the Oval Office without being a good politician. And whatever you want to say-and I am in violent disagreement with this president-he was a better politician than Hillary." #AxeFiles on @CNN

David Axelrod‏ @davidaxelrod

@RahmEmanuel: "I don't think you can make it to the Oval Office without being a good politician. And whatever you want to say-and I am in violent disagreement with this president-he was a better politician than Hillary." #AxeFiles on @CNN
Well this is all certainly true.

But at the same time, isn't it sad? Look at some of the Presidents who would not have been elected the first time if they had been forced to be modern day politicians:

Abraham Lincoln

Harry Truman

Dwight Eisenhower

Among others. Three pretty good Presidents. And with the exception of Truman, they did almost no campaigning. And almost all of Truman's campaigning in 1948 was done from the back of trains, which never would have worked today. We live in a time in which the skills required to become a President are vastly different from the skills required to be a President. I don't think that's a good thing.

Well this is all certainly true.

But at the same time, isn't it sad? Look at some of the Presidents who would not have been elected the first time if they had been forced to be modern day politicians:

Abraham Lincoln

Harry Truman

Dwight Eisenhower

Among others. Three pretty good Presidents. And with the exception of Truman, they did almost no campaigning. And almost all of Truman's campaigning in 1948 was done from the back of trains, which never would have worked today. We live in a time in which the skills required to become a President are vastly different from the skills required to be a President. I don't think that's a good thing.
Obviously I don't really believe in electoral politics.  But if I did, I'd wish for the end of office terms as we know them.  If a politician sucks and goes back on their campaign promises, voters should be able to change their preference immediately.  They should be held accountable to voter preference every waking second of every day, not once every 2/4 years.  

https://youtu.be/mlz3-OzcExI

The men marched him into the main house, past a series of cratered, marble-lined corridors to a room with a bolted metal door. Inside, the worst part was not the lifeless bodies lying in the dark, or the puddles of urine and ####. It was the smell of fear.

The first man pushed him down to the ground, and Ikuenobe felt something wet and warm against his cheek, but his brain couldn’t process what. He looked up and could just make out the face of the man with the Nigerian accent.

“Please,” Ikuenobe whispered.

The man brought his foot crashing down.

At some point, a long, heavy pipe was smacked repeatedly against his jaw, shoulders, and thighs. Much later, after his body had dissolved into a pulpy mass of pain and he could barely see out of one eye, everything finally went dark.

The four men took it in turns. When Ikuenobe tried to stand, one of them held him down, and the others continued punching and kicking. At some point, a long, heavy pipe was smacked repeatedly against his jaw, shoulders, and thighs. Much later, after his body had dissolved into a pulpy mass of pain and he could barely see out of one eye, everything finally went dark.

Something cold woke him up — they’d poured water on him to revive him.

One of the men was standing above him. He had an electric cattle prod in his hand. A second man was holding a cellphone. He demanded Ikuenobe give him the number of his mother, whom he’d last promised to call as she poured drinks celebrating his new “job.” Through a mouth foaming with with blood, Ikuenobe instead gave his older sister’s number. As soon as his sister answered, the first man pressed the electric prod against Ikuenobe’s wet skin.

By the end of the call, Ikuenobe could no longer tell who was sobbing loudest — him, or his sister thousands of miles away. His tormentors finally hung up after she promised to send them 600,000 naira ($1,650) in exchange for his “freedom.”

Such brutal tactics have become the norm in post-Gaddafi Libya — where not a single militia member or official has been prosecuted for torture or disappearances since 2011. Extortion is so widespread that captives even have a market value depending on which country they’re from — Eritreans, who have a large, well-organized diaspora, command the highest prices, while West Africans fetch the smallest ransoms and are the most likely to be ill-treated, Libya experts say.

Inside The Country Where You Can Buy A Black Man For $400

Admiring Hillary Clinton’s work in Libya.  #imwithher

https://youtu.be/mlz3-OzcExI

The men marched him into the main house, past a series of cratered, marble-lined corridors to a room with a bolted metal door. Inside, the worst part was not the lifeless bodies lying in the dark, or the puddles of urine and ####. It was the smell of fear.

The first man pushed him down to the ground, and Ikuenobe felt something wet and warm against his cheek, but his brain couldn’t process what. He looked up and could just make out the face of the man with the Nigerian accent.

“Please,” Ikuenobe whispered.

The man brought his foot crashing down.

At some point, a long, heavy pipe was smacked repeatedly against his jaw, shoulders, and thighs. Much later, after his body had dissolved into a pulpy mass of pain and he could barely see out of one eye, everything finally went dark.

The four men took it in turns. When Ikuenobe tried to stand, one of them held him down, and the others continued punching and kicking. At some point, a long, heavy pipe was smacked repeatedly against his jaw, shoulders, and thighs. Much later, after his body had dissolved into a pulpy mass of pain and he could barely see out of one eye, everything finally went dark.

Something cold woke him up — they’d poured water on him to revive him.

One of the men was standing above him. He had an electric cattle prod in his hand. A second man was holding a cellphone. He demanded Ikuenobe give him the number of his mother, whom he’d last promised to call as she poured drinks celebrating his new “job.” Through a mouth foaming with with blood, Ikuenobe instead gave his older sister’s number. As soon as his sister answered, the first man pressed the electric prod against Ikuenobe’s wet skin.

By the end of the call, Ikuenobe could no longer tell who was sobbing loudest — him, or his sister thousands of miles away. His tormentors finally hung up after she promised to send them 600,000 naira ($1,650) in exchange for his “freedom.”

Such brutal tactics have become the norm in post-Gaddafi Libya — where not a single militia member or official has been prosecuted for torture or disappearances since 2011. Extortion is so widespread that captives even have a market value depending on which country they’re from — Eritreans, who have a large, well-organized diaspora, command the highest prices, while West Africans fetch the smallest ransoms and are the most likely to be ill-treated, Libya experts say.

Inside The Country Where You Can Buy A Black Man For $400

Admiring Hillary Clinton’s work in Libya.  #imwithher
This is a horrible story, and a clear (I hope) cautionary tale about regime change.

I'm also glad you and I can now agree that Buzzfeed is a legitimate journalism organization and stop arguing over whether their reports are factual or they're just hype and clickbait.  

Nearly 2 months without this thread being on the front page. You know he couldn't resist. He single handedly keeps it alive.
No, I don't. That isn't true. Another false meme. 

My last post was on prior page, 11/23, and there have been 41 posts since then to keep it alive, including one of yours on December 7th.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 16h16 hours ago

“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House.” Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!

https://mobile.twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1103112519026122752

Spoke to someone close with Clinton in contact with her today. They say she wasn’t trying to be emphatic and close the door on running when she spoke to a local reporter yesterday, and that she was surprised by how definitively it played. 1/2

8:58 PM · Mar 5, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
I think most Dems were very happy to hear that she was not running yesterday.  How can she after the Sanders DNC debacle in 16?

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 16h16 hours ago

“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House.” Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!
Well there goes any chance Trump had at re-election.

Come on man gtfo out of here with that.   Thats the exact built in excuse she went immediately for when she lost.  She knew exactly what her slogan "Im with Her" was going to be about.  She didnt lose at all because people are sexiest she lost for the other reasons you mentioned.  She is the only dem in my lifetime I didnt vote for her.  People like myself loathe her and it has nothing to do with her sex
Oof.  Not voting for HRC in 2016 is something you should be extremely embarrassed about.  

Give Ramblin Wreck a little slack. AOC didn’t make the news today, and Kaepernick has been quiet for months. 
Look at this guy talking about someone else being obsessed.  Dude you have 150k posts with your aliases on this board and are here for 16 hours a day.  Yeah, you should talk about me though. 

:yes:  

Hillary Clinton‏ @HillaryClinton 12 hours ago

I don't know who needs to hear this, but the president is not above the law.

Convicted? 

I thought he was impeached and then acquitted. 
He was found guilty of contempt for giving false testimony.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/jul/30/clinton.usa

Clinton fined $90,000 for court sex lie

A federal judge yesterday fined Bill Clinton over $90,000 (£57,000) for denying under oath that he had had sex with Monica Lewinsky, in an unprecedented penalty imposed on an incumbent US president.

The fine was ordered by Judge Susan Webber Wright, three months after she found him guilty of contempt for giving false testimony in a sexual harassment case brought against him by a former Arkansas government employee, Paula Jones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread