What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hillary Clinton thread. 'Done' but not going away. (1 Viewer)

Here’s a summary.

- The server predated Hillary’s entry as SOS in January of 2009. It was an old campaign server. So we’re talking about actions that are now 11 years old and older.

The crazy thing is that the Trump administration is using private email for official use *right now. And even though this is a private interest group just fishing around for info, meanwhile the DC Circuit just ruled that Congress doesn’t even have standing to subpoena members of the Trump administration about matters related to impeachment. Insanely inconsistent rulings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s a summary.

- The server predated Hillary’s entry as SOS in January of 2009. It was an old campaign server. So we’re talking about actions that are now 11 years old and older.

The crazy thing is that the Trump administration is using private email for official use *right now. And even though this is a private interest group just fishing around for info, meanwhile the DC Circuit just ruled that Congress doesn’t even have standing to subpoena members of the Trump administration about matters related to impeachment. Insanely inconsistent rulings.
Thanks. Just don't understand why we're dragging all this up now.

Max Power said:
I hope they bring in her IT department as well so they can plead the 5th 100 times again. 
I don’t think they can plead the fifth any more.  I think the statute of limitations had passed, so that option wouldn’t be available.

No, I’m not suggesting anyone, much less our elected leaders are above criticism.  Their policies and decisions should be scrutinized and opposed if deserving.  I’m calling you out on your ignorant assertion that HRC has trouble swallowing her loss at the dinner table every single night.  It’s says a lot more about you than her. 
Your apparent zeal to defend Hillary is notable, if flawed.  If you've watched anything of her since her loss, it's painfully obvious she STILL to this day has trouble swallowing her election loss.  In fact, she's downright nasty about it too.  My post was spot on.

Don't be hating on me because your having a hard time with posters criticizing her.  Lighten' up, buddy.  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Biden’s big night last night puts the final nail in the coffin around the talk of Hillary running - she wasn’t going to run but now even the discussion of it would seem ridiculous.

I guess with one caveat - if Biden had a major health issue before the convention then maybe the talk would come back up but it’s still not happening.

I think Biden’s big night last night puts the final nail in the coffin around the talk of Hillary running - she wasn’t going to run but now even the discussion of it would seem ridiculous.

I guess with one caveat - if Biden had a major health issue before the convention then maybe the talk would come back up but it’s still not happening.
 VP? Under Biden...

Good point.  If something happened to Biden -- like if he committed suicide or something -- then Hillary might have some pathway to getting the nomination at the convention.

NorvilleBarnes said:
Ah, there's a new documentary on Hillary. nm
Is this the one where she claims to be the most innocent person in America?

And the time she won a truth telling contest two towns over?

This is an old clip. At least about 5-6 months old I think - I remember seeing the interview and there is at least another 20-25 minutes beyond this.

I see nothing wrong with it. She is just raising a hypothetical not suggesting Democrats actually do this.

One of the twitter responses says it best:

I actually vehemently dislike Clinton, but she is making a very salient point here

Her intention is to illustrate what she believes the Republicans did and how nefarious it looks, not that she actually believes Dems should do that.

But, it's lawyer speak so people don't get it.

I'm unclear why this is an indication that she's "lost it".  I'm no fan of HRC and consistently called her out for years (feel free to search my posts from 4+ years ago), but I thought it was actually a well-reasoned bit of sarcastic commentary.  Sure, it comes across as bitter and a little bit "sore-loser", but I'd also say "she's not wrong" here.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-judge-orders-hillary-clinton-deposition-to-address-private-emails-there-is-still-more-to-learn

Clinton has argued that she has already answered questions about this and should not have to do so again -- the matter did not result in any charges for the then-presidential candidate in 2016 after a high-profile investigation -- but D.C. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth said in his ruling that her past responses left much to be desired.

"As extensive as the existing record is, it does not sufficiently explain Secretary Clinton’s state of mind when she decided it would be an acceptable practice to set up and use a private server to conduct State Department business," Lamberth said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-judge-orders-hillary-clinton-deposition-to-address-private-emails-there-is-still-more-to-learn

Clinton has argued that she has already answered questions about this and should not have to do so again -- the matter did not result in any charges for the then-presidential candidate in 2016 after a high-profile investigation -- but D.C. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth said in his ruling that her past responses left much to be desired.

"As extensive as the existing record is, it does not sufficiently explain Secretary Clinton’s state of mind when she decided it would be an acceptable practice to set up and use a private server to conduct State Department business," Lamberth said.
If this is the case then DJT, his spawn and their spouse(s) can answer to the same questions since it's common knowledge they are using private servers also. 

So bitter.

Former 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on Saturday, cited “dark times” in an Independence Day message, and urged Americans to march and register to vote.

“In dark times, it's important to remember that America can be what we make of it,” she said on Twitter. “We have more power than we can imagine when we wield it together.“

She went on to say that while it is not on the cards for her to run for the presidency again, she believes she would beat him in November if she was on the ballot.

Been there, done that. DJT and his clan are up. If Hillary was in the wrong, and I'd say she was, then so is the DJT clan. Care to share your thoughts on their unchecked use of private servers?
Actually, Hillary's due back per judges orders.

No one should be using private servers.

Users who are viewing this thread