What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerrell Freeman to IR (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
Yikes.  Wish Jelani had waited more than a minute to sign somewhere.  Huge bump to Trevathan and Kwiatkowski.

Holding on for eight weeks... Meanwhile, Trevathan just got whacked in my league for his two-tackle dud. He lasted all of a second on the wire. The IDP gods were smiling on me today.

Yikes.  Wish Jelani had waited more than a minute to sign somewhere.  Huge bump to Trevathan and Kwiatkowski.
If Kwiatkowski becomes a 3 down player he could be a stud this year. He looked good in limited action to end the 16 season and looked good through preseason, too. Definitely worth the add in any league where he's not already stashed.

If Kwiatkowski becomes a 3 down player he could be a stud this year. He looked good in limited action to end the 16 season and looked good through preseason, too. Definitely worth the add in any league where he's not already stashed.
I'm intrigued by Kwiatkowski, but admittedly don't know a ton about his game.   How athletic is he? Was wondering if he was just a plug n' play downhill thumper type, or a LB that can be left in for 3 downs if needed.  You think he will be more of a benefactor (tackle-wise) than Travathan?  

I am certainly more interested in rostering Kwiatkowski than Trevathan wherever i don't already have shares in Kwiatkowski.

I am certainly more interested in rostering Kwiatkowski than Trevathan wherever i don't already have shares in Kwiatkowski.
Agreed.

The Bears know what they have in Trevathan, who isn't exactly a model of health himself.... and with the team likely to really struggle this year, they will want to see what Kwiatkowski has.  I won't call him the second coming of Brian Urlacher, but there are some mild similarities.

Huge uptick in K's value and if Trevathan can stay healthy he'll put up numbers too.

I'm intrigued by Kwiatkowski, but admittedly don't know a ton about his game.   How athletic is he? Was wondering if he was just a plug n' play downhill thumper type, or a LB that can be left in for 3 downs if needed.  You think he will be more of a benefactor (tackle-wise) than Travathan?  
I wasn't able to watch his games, so "looked" is probably the wrong word choice. lol. I'm "looking" at stats, press, random clips. There are highlight reels of him that show an every down LB type, though. He can plug holes, get to the sidelines, and cover well enough and definitely looks like a kid with very good diagnostic ability on the field. 

Agreed.

The Bears know what they have in Trevathan, who isn't exactly a model of health himself.... and with the team likely to really struggle this year, they will want to see what Kwiatkowski has.
I don't see Trevathan's snaps going down because the team wants to see what they have in Kwiatkowski.  

If Trevathan is healthy, have to figure he plays a TON.

I don't see Trevathan's snaps going down because the team wants to see what they have in Kwiatkowski.  

If Trevathan is healthy, have to figure he plays a TON.
Sorry wasn't clear.  The two are mutually exclusive.

You're right, Trevathan will still play a ton.  

Both will, really.

Why 8 weeks?  Thought I read Freeman would be out for the whole year.
Nothing I have read suggests his season is over or that he was placed on "season-ending" IR. As of this year, teams are allowed to bring back two players (instead of just one) during the season who had been placed on IR. Unlike previous years, the the player doesn't need to be designated to return either. I believe he has to spend eight weeks on IR to be eligible for return and I am holding out hope that's exactly how it will play out.

Nothing I have read suggests his season is over or that he was placed on "season-ending" IR. As of this year, teams are allowed to bring back two players (instead of just one) during the season who had been placed on IR. Unlike previous years, the the player doesn't need to be designated to return either. I believe he has to spend eight weeks on IR to be eligible for return and I am holding out hope that's exactly how it will play out.
Probably just sites (like ESPN) jumping the shark and listing him as out for the season when it doesn't seem like the designation has been fully defined yet. Seems likely it's a torn pectoral, though, so it's probably season ending. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably just sites (like ESPN) jumping the shark and listing him as out for the season when it doesn't seem like the designation has been fully defined yet. Seems likely it's a torn pectoral, though, so it's probably season ending. 
For what it's worth John Fox said he has a torn pec today that requires surgery and that he's not sure if he'll be back this season. But yeah I agree with you guys, seems people are just going ahead and saying he's out for the year without really knowing.

Crazy thing is Jerrell said on an Instagram post today that he tore his pec on the first play of the game. Absolutely insane...

Nick Kwiatkoski injured his pec after having 4 solos in the first quarter. As a Bears fan you just can't make this #### up.

Users who are viewing this thread