What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Upgrade/Downgrade Article (1 Viewer)

PhantomJB

Footballguy
Mr. Rudnicki,

This article is incredibly well-written and a great resource.

I've been away from the game for a couple years and, while this article has always been a staple of FBG content in years past, seems to have improved dramatically (no disrespect to previous authors).

Previous versions would seemingly give recommendations highly correlated with the most recent performances...the current version adds a much higher quality level of insight (snap counts, influence of surrounding personnel, etc.) to help cut through last week's points and better determine if we're looking at one-week flukes or perhaps to the beginning of a trend. For example, I did not see the Buffalo game and therefore had a big question mark about Preston Brown vs. Ramon Humber that was brought up in your analysis.

The EOTG's, etc. are also very helpful in their own way but having this article PRIOR to waiver wire decisions is HUGE.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

On a minor specific note, for some reason the upgrade/downgrade rating was not applied to Cory James of the Raiders....very high snap count but low stats...just curious if you (or anyone) noticed anything meaningful.

Cheers

Mr. Rudnicki,

I've been away from the game for a couple years and, while this article has always been a staple of FBG content in years past, seems to have improved dramatically (no disrespect to previous authors).

Previous versions would seemingly give recommendations highly correlated with the most recent performances...the current version adds a much higher quality level of insight (snap counts, influence of surrounding personnel, etc.) to help cut through last week's points and better determine if we're looking at one-week flukes or perhaps to the beginning of a trend. For example, I did not see the Buffalo game and therefore had a big question mark about Preston Brown vs. Ramon Humber that was brought up in your analysis.

The EOTG's, etc. are also very helpful in their own way but having this article PRIOR to waiver wire decisions is HUGE.

On a minor specific note, for some reason the upgrade/downgrade rating was not applied to Cory James of the Raiders....very high snap count but low stats...just curious if you (or anyone) noticed anything meaningful.

Cheers
:goodposting:

Mr. Rudnicki,

Cheers
thanks. have been trying to expand the coverage in this article to try and help people with waiver decisions. it's tough given the wide range of IDP leagues that exist to know which types of players are likely to be available or not.

I think James is the only 3-down linebacker in Oakland this year, so I'd be patient with him. Not saying he's a great talent, but he looks like the safest option in that group.

I agree - the publish date of this article is so useful, and it does seem like this is always increasing in quality.  Aaron, thanks for stepping up now that we lost Jene on the IDP side.

A couple of things I'd love to see someday:

• A quick version after Thursday game so we can pick guys up on Friday/Saturday waiver runs.  This week, that would have meant some info on the crazy NE linebacker situation as well as the KC SS fill-in (thanks for responding when I asked you on twitter about it!).
  • Integration into MyFBG as with Bloom's offensive waiver article, so I could click on the Custom Waiver Wire Report link and see which of your recommendations are available in each of my leagues.

I agree - the publish date of this article is so useful, and it does seem like this is always increasing in quality.  Aaron, thanks for stepping up now that we lost Jene on the IDP side.

A couple of things I'd love to see someday:

• A quick version after Thursday game so we can pick guys up on Friday/Saturday waiver runs.  This week, that would have meant some info on the crazy NE linebacker situation as well as the KC SS fill-in (thanks for responding when I asked you on twitter about it!).
  • Integration into MyFBG as with Bloom's offensive waiver article, so I could click on the Custom Waiver Wire Report link and see which of your recommendations are available in each of my leagues.
This would be awesome!

Might be telling you all something you already know, but I assume most of your leagues are on MFL. If so, I just wanted to make sure you were aware you could search any player in your league, click on his name then pull up his player page and under his picture there are 5 or 6 links, one of which is "status in all of my leagues". That will immediately show you if he's available in your mfl leagues without having to go to the home page of every league. 

Users who are viewing this thread