What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fox news cracks me up...Benghazi! Hillary! Comey! AOC! (1 Viewer)

Looks like Ed Henry & Mark Levin mixed it up.

- Ed Henry ain’t exactly Shep Smith, definitely the go along type, if he’s having questions - on Fox - that’s something.
And Trump is retweeting all the praise for Levin.

Praise for a guy unable to answer questions and spin and deflect and get agitated by legitimate questions and play the victim.

Also...him bashing "you all in the media"...what does he think he is part of?

In that exchange, the most telling line by Levin is “the public doesn’t have to listen to the media any longer; they have alternative ways of getting information now.” 

As an aside, I have never understood why Mark Levin is a popular talk show host. In terms of his POV he is indistinguishable from dozens of others. He has no original thoughts to offer. Unlike Rush Limbaugh he appears to have no sense of humor. Unlike Sean Hannity he has no important or interesting guests. His voice is perhaps the most grating I have ever heard on radio and he spends two thirds of his time screaming at the top of his lungs. I honestly don’t get it. 

I have mentioned this before but Levin owes his success to Sean Hannity as the syndicate that handles Hannity demanded that any station carrying Hannity must also carry Levin's show or they would find another outlet for Hannity. At the time, many stations (like in L.A.) replaced Larry Elder's show with Levin's (who I find just as obnoxious, although he does have a better voice). 
Elder used to be more of an independent, libertarian voice. But like so many others he’s married to Trump these days. But yeah his voice is a million times better. 

Uhh, guys, your Freudian Slip is showing..headline from Fox News Front Page:

Trump blasts Beto O'Rourke over gun policy, proposal to black tax exempt status from certain churches

That 2 hours of Hannity and Ingraham of how they handled the Mulvaney thing is something:

Hannity --  what is this idiot doing?  I can't believe he did that

Ingraham - it is okay that he admitted to quid pro quo  because he isn't a lawyer (he actually is by the way)

They need to get their BS straight

What I find most interesting is that Fox is pulling out the "We're on the verge of Civil War!" narrative, which they haven't really used since 2016. It shows how much they fear a Democratic win in 2020.
Not sure fear is the correct term FOX knows that a Dem win will only increase their ratings and they are the #1 in cable news right now. They think in $$$$ signs.

Fox only cares about inducing fear into its conservative audience. Who's in the White House doesn't really matter; it merely changes whether they gin up future fear versus current fear.

It's too late to save my fellow Boomers. Don't you Gen Xers fall prey to the right wing media's BS as you approach your retirement years.

That 2 hours of Hannity and Ingraham of how they handled the Mulvaney thing is something:

Ingraham - it is okay that he admitted to quid pro quo  because he isn't a lawyer (he actually is by the way)

Have to love that Hannity thinks Mulvaney is an idiot, but agrees that Trump has "unmatched wisdom".

Fox only cares about inducing fear into its conservative audience. Who's in the White House doesn't really matter; it merely changes whether they gin up future fear versus current fear.

It's too late to save my fellow Boomers. Don't you Gen Xers fall prey to the right wing media's BS as you approach your retirement years.
The boomers aren't really the issue.  I mean sure there are some in high positions.  Most of the people who are really into political bull#### on both sides are technically Gen-Xers.  I mean if we are going to by age people like Sean Hannity and Rachael Maddow and congressman like Nunes and Gaetz fit that category

Just because they don't fit the stereotype doesn't mean they weren't

Last edited by a moderator:
By definition, boomers are currently 55-73. The median age of Fox viewers is 65, surprisingly down a year from a year or two ago. I don't quite know what to make of that. But if our board righties are Gen Xers, that indicates that a certain number of younger news consumers are susceptible to Fox's unprofessionalism. I just wouldn't want to see it get worse as those of you in that generation get older.

By definition, boomers are currently 55-73. The median age of Fox viewers is 65, surprisingly down a year from a year or two ago. I don't quite know what to make of that. But if our board righties are Gen Xers, that indicates that a certain number of younger news consumers are susceptible to Fox's unprofessionalism. I just wouldn't want to see it get worse as those of you in that generation get older.
Boomers are dying.

ALL LAWYERS LIE!!! 

:rolleyes:

Wallace is the best interviewer on TV and it's not really even close.
Yep, don't get why the other reporters can't do some homework and press with follow up.  Show video & audio of what they actually said or what Trump said.  Follow up with the "transcript", and ask why we are getting a summary instead of an actual word for word transcript.  Jeez we are just a bunch of keyboard jockies, this isn't our job and I feel like a lot of us could do a better job.  Is it really that hard??

Yep, don't get why the other reporters can't do some homework and press with follow up.  Show video & audio of what they actually said or what Trump said.  Follow up with the "transcript", and ask why we are getting a summary instead of an actual word for word transcript.  Jeez we are just a bunch of keyboard jockies, this isn't our job and I feel like a lot of us could do a better job.  Is it really that hard??
Sometimes (it does probably depend on the topic/person) I don't like when an interviewer pulls out some video clip from 15 years ago and plays this as some sort of gotcha, but, in this case, it was literally 4 days prior. Pretty easy to use his exact words as Wallace did to follow-up.

Sometimes (it does probably depend on the topic/person) I don't like when an interviewer pulls out some video clip from 15 years ago and plays this as some sort of gotcha, but, in this case, it was literally 4 days prior. Pretty easy to use his exact words as Wallace did to follow-up.
Kinda agree with this, but also don't see a problem if someone ask Lindsey why the change in heart from Clinton impeachment comments vs now.  Also if that's too far back, can just go back to 2015 when he was saying how terrible Trump was but now backing all his actions?  Same can be to Dems like Pelosi, if they were for immigration security measures in the past but not now, justify why the change in heart.

'You said what you said': Fox News' Chris Wallace rejects Mulvaney's attempt to walk back Ukraine comments

Guess Chris will be vacationing with Shep soon. 

Here's a better link with the interview.

Here's the actual video of you saying it. "That's not what I said". Brutal, dangerous times. 
A truly weird thing about this administration is they won’t say ‘I misspoke’ or ‘we were operating with bad information’, they repeatedly try to deny reality, like basic known things never happened, likely because they know the Don is watching their performance. It’s continually bizarre Baghdad Bob stuff.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.599.1603&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Conservatism and cognitive ability are negatively correlated. The evidence is based on 1254 community college students and 1600 foreign students seeking entry to United States' universities. At the individual level of analysis, conservatism scores correlate negatively with SAT, Vocabulary, and Analogy test scores. At the national level of analysis, conservatism scores correlate negatively with measures of education (e.g., gross enrollment at primary, secondary, and tertiary levels) and performance on mathematics and reading assessments from the PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment) project. They also correlate with components of the Failed States Index and several other measures of economic and political development of nations. Conservatism scores have higher correlations with economic and political measures than estimated IQ scores.

People in their 30s and 40s are going to lose a bunch of their parents in their 60s and 70s because they were all out gallivanting for 2 weeks after they should have started staying home. Because they listened to Fox and Rush and treated a deadly virus like some anti-Trump conspiracy. 

I hope there's a giant class action lawsuit against all of them. I have no idea if that's feasible,  but it's what they deserve.

People in their 30s and 40s are going to lose a bunch of their parents in their 60s and 70s because they were all out gallivanting for 2 weeks after they should have started staying home. Because they listened to Fox and Rush and treated a deadly virus like some anti-Trump conspiracy. 

I hope there's a giant class action lawsuit against all of them. I have no idea if that's feasible,  but it's what they deserve.
Wow, unbelievable 

Herb said:
That they would spread misinformation and lies that will get people killed? Yep. 

Welcome back.
As a tangent, I was thinking about this last night, it’s always aggravated me when people say “it’s just politics, not real life” in the context of their inane “both sides” arguments. Politics is fundamentally real life. The intersectionality is ever present and this pandemic highlights that. Politics as real life has always been present. Policy at its worst kills people. Trumps global anti abortion/reproductive rights/family planning policies were estimated by some organizations to result in 10’s of thousands of deaths globally (don’t have link, just recall reading this). I don’t see how there can be any doubt that his-and his media machine minimization propaganda- has hard costs associated with it (ie American deaths, economic costs). 

What these false dichotomy politics vs real life people should be saying is that they’re more concerned with microscopic concerns (day to day living in their small bubbles, “real life”) than macroscopic concerns (“just politics”). That seems more accurate to me (though maybe it’s a meaningless distinction).

Users who are viewing this thread