What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fox news cracks me up...Benghazi! Hillary! Comey! AOC! (2 Viewers)

Foxnews.com has very quietly transitioned from 'left wing hoax!' and 'fake hysteria!' to 'the necessary steps to prevent the virus from spreading'.  

I don't expect an apology or 'they were right' from their supporters.   
Fox sucks, but given what’s going on in the world, it seems kinda gross to worry about who was right and who wasn’t. Doing the best we can to deal with it should be the priority. 

People in their 30s and 40s are going to lose a bunch of their parents in their 60s and 70s because they were all out gallivanting for 2 weeks after they should have started staying home. Because they listened to Fox and Rush and treated a deadly virus like some anti-Trump conspiracy. 

I hope there's a giant class action lawsuit against all of them. I have no idea if that's feasible,  but it's what they deserve.
Devin Nunes. Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt. Matt Gaetz. Trish Regan and Laura Ingraham. Mark Green (of the vaccines cause autism Republicans branch).  Mike Pompeo.

https://twitter.com/SuperMugatu/status/1237857227551064066/photo/1.

Democrats are twice more likely (61 percent) than Republicans (30 percent) to say they plan to stop attending large gatherings.

Ghost Rider said:
Fox sucks, but given what’s going on in the world, it seems kinda gross to worry about who was right and who wasn’t. Doing the best we can to deal with it should be the priority. 
Well...getting out accurate information is the priority.  And I would not trust Fox to do so.

This is the first time most FOX viewers are experiencing a shared reality with the rest of the world. Like anti-vaxxers seeing what a world without vaccines is actually like.

It's easy to fall in with the party line saying events in Flint or Charlottesville or Ferguson wherever are fake, exaggerated, being used for political purposes when you live nowhere near there and you only experience them through FOX or Facebook or Infowars.

If suppression and isolation tactics work to mitigate the spread of the virus then FOX will be the first to say the crisis was exaggerated and only a problem in big liberal cities. They won't change. Don't let them off the hook.

This is the first time most FOX viewers are experiencing a shared reality with the rest of the world. Like anti-vaxxers seeing what a world without vaccines is actually like.

It's easy to fall in with the party line saying events in Flint or Charlottesville or Ferguson wherever are fake, exaggerated, being used for political purposes when you live nowhere near there and you only experience them through FOX or Facebook or Infowars.

If suppression and isolation tactics work to mitigate the spread of the virus then FOX will be the first to say the crisis was exaggerated and only a problem in big liberal cities. They won't change. Don't let them off the hook.
Did you make this up all by yourself?  Or did you have help?  This isn't accurate or fair.

Well said.

People in their 30s and 40s are going to lose a bunch of their parents in their 60s and 70s because they were all out gallivanting for 2 weeks after they should have started staying home. Because they listened to Fox and Rush and treated a deadly virus like some anti-Trump conspiracy. 

I hope there's a giant class action lawsuit against all of them. I have no idea if that's feasible,  but it's what they deserve.
Devin Nunes. Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt. Matt Gaetz. Trish Regan and Laura Ingraham. Mark Green (of the vaccines cause autism Republicans branch).  Mike Pompeo.

https://twitter.com/SuperMugatu/status/1237857227551064066/photo/1.

Democrats are twice more likely (61 percent) than Republicans (30 percent) to say they plan to stop attending large gatherings.
Fox News reporter tells viewers that they don't have coronavirus if they can hold their breath for 10 seconds

I sincerely hope that no one was infected as a result of this misinformation, but I doubt it.

Did you make this up all by yourself?  Or did you have help?  This isn't accurate or fair.
I have a myriad of examples that are direct evidence of exactly what he said in my very own family.  I am not around them a ton in day to day life.  They live three states away, but when we're together I am absolutely stunned to hear their version of reality (including political reality).  Even with this incident going on right in front of them they are rejecting it all.  I had to tell a family member that they would not be allowed in my house if they insisted on keeping their plans.  They were flying down here, going to a convention of 10K+ people then coming to my house.  They continue to believe this is completely fake and blown out of proportion.  

I haven't spoken with them since this administration changed its tune and I have no real idea what FoxNews is saying these days, but I hope they changed their tune when this admin did.

I have a myriad of examples that are direct evidence of exactly what he said in my very own family.  I am not around them a ton in day to day life.  They live three states away, but when we're together I am absolutely stunned to hear their version of reality (including political reality).  Even with this incident going on right in front of them they are rejecting it all.  I had to tell a family member that they would not be allowed in my house if they insisted on keeping their plans.  They were flying down here, going to a convention of 10K+ people then coming to my house.  They continue to believe this is completely fake and blown out of proportion.  

I haven't spoken with them since this administration changed its tune and I have no real idea what FoxNews is saying these days, but I hope they changed their tune when this admin did.
So, just to clarify, you have a bunch of anecdotes? 

At BEST, they are no different than the lemmings on the left who believe every twitter post and anything they hear from Vox, MSNBC, CNN, Vanity Fair, etc...etc....  All worse than Fox, IMO.

Those complaining about "The Fox News Viewers" need to take a long hard look at how they're being led around.

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't hear that every day.

my mother used to say that.

are you a 90 year old woman of Polish descent?
I am not. But when I was younger I spent a lot of time around grandparents of Irish and German descent. It must've stuck.

My father fits this. Almost 70, living in rural Indiana, diehard Republican,  Fox/ Rush consumer. Over the last few years we've had a few (respectful) shouting matches over politics. He and I have always enjoyed talking politics,  but this administration has taken a lot of the joy out of it. He has essentially been ignoring the warnings.  But I spoke with him today, and his attitude has changed a bit. Right in line with the shift in tone on Fox. Infuriating that he wouldn't listen to me, someone who works in a world-renowned hospital,  about a massive health threat, but he still trusts those charlatans. This will cost people their lives. He shut me down when I told him that, though. Wouldn't hear it.

Those complaining about "The Fox News Viewers" need to take a long hard look at how they're being led around.
Those of us being "led" around will, when this has calmed down a bit, have a MUCH better chance of still BEING around. And that makes me really, really mad. Not at people like you, but at the people you have trusted to give you information. They sold you right the #### out. 

Those of us being "led" around will, when this has calmed down a bit, have a MUCH better chance of still BEING around. And that makes me really, really mad. Not at people like you, but at the people you have trusted to give you information. They sold you right the #### out. 
All of the media has sold ALL of us out. 

Sorry, but I can't.  Just can't.  

I'm so sour on media nowadays I barely trust anyone.  Every single one of them is owned by one Party or the other.  When I see painfully obvious liberal rags like Rolling Stone talk about Fox News it just strikes me as being tone deaf (and hypocritical) and it turns me off.

I appreciate the link, though.

Sorry, but I can't.  Just can't.  

I'm so sour on media nowadays I barely trust anyone.  Every single one of them is owned by one Party or the other.  When I see painfully obvious liberal rags like Rolling Stone talk about Fox News it just strikes me as being tone deaf (and hypocritical) and it turns me off.

I appreciate the link, though.
Read the link and tell me, other than a few statements which are very obviously the opinion of the writer (all true, IMO) exactly what isn't true. You won't because you can't. 

Read the link and tell me, other than a few statements which are very obviously the opinion of the writer (all true, IMO) exactly what isn't true. You won't because you can't. 
It's all a matter of opinion.  I won't read it because it's just more propoganda.

They all do it.  Fox, CNN, MSNBC.   You only care if it's Fox.  You should care that it's all of them.
Not one of those other networks downplayed the severity of covid-19. Fox News and Trump did it for weeks. Not one of those other networks blatantly defied health recommendations like Fox News and Trump.

It's all a matter of opinion.  I won't read it because it's just more propoganda.
Covid-19 is not a ####ing opinion. Fox News misleading viewers about the dangers of it is not a ####ing opinion. People are DYING. But you just keep telling people they're overreacting.

I work in a hospital.  I have a pretty solid grasp of what's going on and what's about to go on. Unless your posts are actually just a big troll job, you've shown through your recent history around here that (all due respect) you don't know ####. This is not political,  this is life and death. Believe it or not, I want you and yours to stay healthy and ALIVE. I'm trying to help you. You are an American. You are a human. You are my brother. People in your life love you. Help them by not remaining ignorant. I beg you.

Not one of those other networks downplayed the severity of covid-19. Fox News and Trump did it for weeks. Not one of those other networks blatantly defied health recommendations like Fox News and Trump.
Okay?  Let's say for the sake of argument I agree with you.

What's the point,?  They pushed their propaganda? Why aren't you just as outraged about CNN, Vox, MSNBC, etc...etc... pushing their propaganda?  Many of you who rail against Fox will absolutely fight to the death defending these other guys.

I am not. But when I was younger I spent a lot of time around grandparents of Irish and German descent. It must've stuck.

My father fits this. Almost 70, living in rural Indiana, diehard Republican,  Fox/ Rush consumer. Over the last few years we've had a few (respectful) shouting matches over politics. He and I have always enjoyed talking politics,  but this administration has taken a lot of the joy out of it. He has essentially been ignoring the warnings.  But I spoke with him today, and his attitude has changed a bit. Right in line with the shift in tone on Fox. Infuriating that he wouldn't listen to me, someone who works in a world-renowned hospital,  about a massive health threat, but he still trusts those charlatans. This will cost people their lives. He shut me down when I told him that, though. Wouldn't hear it.
conning someone much easier than convincing them they've already been conned

Covid-19 is not a ####ing opinion. Fox News misleading viewers about the dangers of it is not a ####ing opinion. People are DYING. But you just keep telling people they're overreacting.

I work in a hospital.  I have a pretty solid grasp of what's going on and what's about to go on. Unless your posts are actually just a big troll job, you've shown through your recent history around here that (all due respect) you don't know ####. This is not political,  this is life and death. Believe it or not, I want you and yours to stay healthy and ALIVE. I'm trying to help you. You are an American. You are a human. You are my brother. People in your life love you. Help them by not remaining ignorant. I beg you.
Oh give me a break.  You want to talk to me - at least be civil.  You ended the conversation before it even started.  Good work.

Your opinion on my posts is just that - an opinion.  An incorrect opinion based upon your bias, of course.

Okay?  Let's say for the sake of argument I agree with you.

What's the point,?  They pushed their propaganda? Why aren't you just as outraged about CNN, Vox, MSNBC, etc...etc... pushing their propaganda?  Many of you who rail against Fox will absolutely fight to the death defending these other guys.
gee I don't know because the biggest pandemic in a century was downplayed by the GOP propaganda channel and people are going to die because of it.

Things change quickly I suppose.  I too have a family member beginning to come around.  He was lamenting all these potential issues that have 'all of a sudden arisen" and how it sucks but we're probably doing the right thing.  My only reply was essentially thank you for finally seeing what I've been trying to show you for 6 weeks now.  If only they'd have taken measures six weeks ago.  That's one, but one I never thought would change his mind regardless of who said what.

So, just to clarify, you have a bunch of anecdotes? 

At BEST, they are no different than the lemmings on the left who believe every twitter post and anything they hear from Vox, MSNBC, CNN, Vanity Fair, etc...etc....  All worse than Fox, IMO.

Of course its all anecdotes (never claimed otherwise).  And they are anecdote that go directly against your claim that the OP made things up and that those things weren't accurate or fair.  They are absolutely accurate and fair for way more people than you want to admit.  You can compare viewerships of the various channels grading them on your "goodness" scale if you like.  I'll leave the subjective :hophead: nonsense to you and your buddies.  From my perspective, you're all in the same boat rowing in different directions (circles) thinking you're superior to one another.  No idea why you guys continue to watch our mainstream media and use it as some sort of meaningful standard.  Doing that is doing it wrong IMO, but I get that's probably easier than actually looking at what's going on around you and accepting the interactions around you that really matter.

The Commish said:
Of course its all anecdotes (never claimed otherwise).  And they are anecdote that go directly against your claim that the OP made things up and that those things weren't accurate or fair.  They are absolutely accurate and fair for way more people than you want to admit.  You can compare viewerships of the various channels grading them on your "goodness" scale if you like.  I'll leave the subjective :hophead: nonsense to you and your buddies.  From my perspective, you're all in the same boat rowing in different directions (circles) thinking you're superior to one another.  No idea why you guys continue to watch our mainstream media and use it as some sort of meaningful standard.  Doing that is doing it wrong IMO, but I get that's probably easier than actually looking at what's going on around you and accepting the interactions around you that really matter.
This is funny, because we've been told that our immediate situations (anecdotes) either don't count, don't matter or both.  Now you're in here saying they actually do?  What?  So anecdotes only matter now when it agrees with the left wing narrative?  They either matter, or they don't.  Which is it?

I agree with you 100% when you say using the MSM as some meaningful standard is wrong.   I do not watch it so I have no idea why you said or implied that I do. And I don't know who you mean by "my buddies" and I certainly don't think I'm superior to anyone. Far from it.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
gee I don't know because the biggest pandemic in a century was downplayed by the GOP propaganda channel and people are going to die because of it.
There's always a "but" with you guys when excusing behavior by your side that you accuse the other side of doing.

People are going to die because China didn't get a handle on it and covered it up.  You should be blaming them.  Your over-reaction and hyperbole is not helping.

There's always a "but" with you guys when excusing behavior by your side that you accuse the other side of doing.

People are going to die because China didn't get a handle on it and covered it up.  You should be blaming them.  Your over-reaction and hyperbole is not helping.
China and S.Korea are seeing the numbers dwindle because of what they did, no but in my statement. not sure what my side is, MSNBC? shrug.

Carry on with your fox news love fest....

China and S.Korea are seeing the numbers dwindle because of what they did, no but in my statement.

Carry on with your fox news love fest....
You seem to imply a lot.  I do not watch Fox and I do not love them.  You seem to have a hatred for them that clouds your vision on the other media outlets.  That is clearly obvious, to me, from your posts.

You say as you admit to not reading the Rolling Stone article that explicitly detailed their downplaying and lies.
downplaying != cover up.

And as far as lies go, you guys were okay with them when CNN, MSNBC, Vox, etc... were doing it for the last 3.5 years on Russian collusion and pee tapes and all other random BS to push the propoganda - but when Fox lies it's a really big deal.

downplaying != cover up.

And as far as lies go, you guys were okay with them when CNN, MSNBC, Vox, etc... were doing it for the last 3.5 years on Russian collusion and pee tapes and all other random BS to push the propoganda - but when Fox lies it's a really big deal.
Its a really big deal when the President and his State TV contradict recommendations and facts from the CDC and medical experts.

Enjoy your quarantine. I'm out.

Users who are viewing this thread