What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fox news cracks me up...Benghazi! Hillary! Comey! AOC! (1 Viewer)

Its a really big deal when the President and his State TV contradict recommendations and facts from the CDC and medical experts.

Enjoy your quarantine. I'm out.
Thanks for your participation.  I'll just assume you're okay with lying as long as it's done by "your side".

I'm no big fan of Fox and if they're lying then I'll hold them in the same regard as all the other outlets that are lying.

Last edited by a moderator:
You post non stop in a thread with Fox News in the title. How can you respond to posts if you don't watch them?
I don't think you know the definition of "non-stop".  You've been posting a hella lot more than i have all over this forum.  I haven't made a post since yesterday evening.

And you clearly haven't been reading any of my posts, just taking knee-jerk potshots.  You can clearly see I'm not talking about the content of Fox.

This is funny, because we've been told that our immediate situations (anecdotes) either don't count, don't matter or both.  Now you're in here saying they actually do?  What?  So anecdotes only matter now when it agrees with the left wing narrative?  They either matter, or they don't.  Which is it?

I agree with you 100% when you say using the MSM as some meaningful standard is wrong.   I do not watch it so I have no idea why you said or implied that I do. And I don't know who you mean by "my buddies" and I certainly don't think I'm superior to anyone. Far from it.
meh...you can build this straw man with others, sure.  I've never claimed they don't matter or aren't evidence of anything or don't count etc.  I have claimed it's completely lazy and unwise to create massive generalizations based on anecdotes.  I've claimed it's completely lazy and unwise to attempt and make a policy argument one way or the other based on anecdotes.  As you'll see in my original post I simply brought up evidence, and labeled it as such, that went against your claim.  You can do with that what you want.  Believe it, or don't.  Doesn't matter to me and I'm not interested in attempting to change mind.  I know that won't happen.

By "your buddies" I meant all those claiming that there are slivers of our MSM that are "better" or "worse" than others...Fox usually being at the top of the "yeah, they all suck, but I find this one to be the best of the worst" list.  That couldn't be further from the truth and there is plenty of evidence to support that.  However, I will say it's completely weird and bizarre for you to even attempt to make such a list/comment given that you don't watch it.  When you make a claim like that, the logical assumption is you watch it enough to make judgment you do.  Good to know it's just a random line in the sand you've created apparently.  Thanks for clearing that up.

meh...you can build this straw man with others, sure.  I've never claimed they don't matter or aren't evidence of anything or don't count etc.  I have claimed it's completely lazy and unwise to create massive generalizations based on anecdotes.  I've claimed it's completely lazy and unwise to attempt and make a policy argument one way or the other based on anecdotes.  As you'll see in my original post I simply brought up evidence, and labeled it as such, that went against your claim.  You can do with that what you want.  Believe it, or don't.  Doesn't matter to me and I'm not interested in attempting to change mind.  I know that won't happen.

By "your buddies" I meant all those claiming that there are slivers of our MSM that are "better" or "worse" than others...Fox usually being at the top of the "yeah, they all suck, but I find this one to be the best of the worst" list.  That couldn't be further from the truth and there is plenty of evidence to support that.  However, I will say it's completely weird and bizarre for you to even attempt to make such a list/comment given that you don't watch it.  When you make a claim like that, the logical assumption is you watch it enough to make judgment you do.  Good to know it's just a random line in the sand you've created apparently.  Thanks for clearing that up.
But the guy never watches Fox!

I don't know where to begin with this completely inaccurate diatribe. 

All that happens in here are large generalizations and when you rail against Fox it's completely disengenuos to make them out as the only bad guy in all this.

I know enough about fox and the others to know exactly what is going on here.  I don't have to watch them 24/7 or at all.   I read commentary and opinion and other articles and/or videos that give me the lay of the land.

You and your fanboys that keep taking potshots at me are only doing that because you don't want to address the larger issue in the room regarding the media 8n general.

How would you know this? You already declared you don't watch Fox. It's right in this thread in case you forgot.
You keep saying this and I've answered it. WTF don't you understand?

You're either being a troll or you're being intentionally obtuse.  In either case, it's not civil or adult to be doing that.  

Guys can we please give this a rest for a couple of days. We get it y'all  hate / laugh at / are disgusted by the "other" side. That's well established. 

I don't know where to begin with this completely inaccurate diatribe. 

All that happens in here are large generalizations and when you rail against Fox it's completely disengenuos to make them out as the only bad guy in all this.

I know enough about fox and the others to know exactly what is going on here.  I don't have to watch them 24/7 or at all.   I read commentary and opinion and other articles and/or videos that give me the lay of the land.

You and your fanboys that keep taking potshots at me are only doing that because you don't want to address the larger issue in the room regarding the media 8n general.
I'll give benefit of the doubt here, though I suspect you are a long time poster just under a different name.  None of this applies to me and I struggle to see what you think was inaccurate about my opinion.  I very much am in the camp of "if you're watching any of our MSM and using them for any sort of meaningful anything, you're doing it wrong".  That goes for all of it from Fox to MSNBC.  They are all in the same boat to me and you'll never see me suggest otherwise.  I took no pot shots at you and addressed your comments specifically, not you and I used personal experiences as evidence in my reply to your comment.

It appears you want me to be saying something other than what I am saying.  Why that is, I don't know, but I can't control that.  If you want my thoughts on CNN and their gross dramatizations I am happy to oblige, but that's not what was being talked about at the time.

ETA:  Sorry Joe...didn't see your request until I got to the end.  I'm done.

I'll give benefit of the doubt here, though I suspect you are a long time poster just under a different name.  None of this applies to me and I struggle to see what you think was inaccurate about my opinion.  I very much am in the camp of "if you're watching any of our MSM and using them for any sort of meaningful anything, you're doing it wrong".  That goes for all of it from Fox to MSNBC.  They are all in the same boat to me and you'll never see me suggest otherwise.  I took no pot shots at you and addressed your comments specifically, not you and I used personal experiences as evidence in my reply to your comment.

It appears you want me to be saying something other than what I am saying.  Why that is, I don't know, but I can't control that.  If you want my thoughts on CNN and their gross dramatizations I am happy to oblige, but that's not what was being talked about at the time.

ETA:  Sorry Joe...didn't see your request until I got to the end.  I'm done.
Thank you. 

Dylan Byers @DylanByers · 12m

#Break: FOX Business has parted ways with Trish Regan - “We thank her for her contributions to the network over the years and wish her continued success in her future endeavors,” network says.

Regan had said coronavirus was a part of an effort to impeach Trump.

Dylan Byers @DylanByers · 12m

#Break: FOX Business has parted ways with Trish Regan - “We thank her for her contributions to the network over the years and wish her continued success in her future endeavors,” network says.

Regan had said coronavirus was a part of an effort to impeach Trump.
Add another name to the long list of conservatives who tried to help Trump only to have it backfire and damage their career. No good deed goes unpunished.

urbanhack said:
Hannity and Ingraham are on the way out the door next, right???
I don't see Hannity going anywhere. Ingraham may eventually see the door, but for now, she's probably ok.

Joe Summer said:
Young female newsreaders are a dime a dozen. Hannity, Igraham and Judge Jeanine aren't as easily replaced.
When I'm watching FOX, give me Chris Wallace for his great interviews, but mix in Kristen Soltis, Martha MacCallum (beautiful), Shannon Bream, Gillian Turner, Ainsley Earhardt and I'm set....Kristin Fisher is a weekend anchor who is moving up the list and I do love Anna Cabrera on CNN.

Hannity and Ingraham are on the way out the door next, right???
Reading through the thread this morning.  Was thinking the same thing about Hannity but it appears that is wishful thinking only.  Hannity and Ingram are killing it in the ratings.  Ingram bumped Maddow out of the top 5 as well. Think they will be around for quite some time. Some concern as they seem to be attracting a younger audience as well in winning the key demographic age brackets.

Fox News had the top five most-watched cable news programs during the first quarter of 2020.

With the coronavirus pandemic increasingly taking up much of the media's focus, prime-time hosts Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson had the top two shows, averaging more than 4 million viewers a night, according to Nielsen Media Research.

The Five, which starts at 5 p.m. ET; Laura Ingraham's evening program, which airs at 10 p.m.; and news anchor Bret Baier's program, which airs at 6 p.m., rounded out the top five. Each program averaged more than 3 million viewers. These five shows also finished in the top five of the key 25-54 age demographic, which helps determine ad rates.

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, who in recent quarters competed for the top-rated show against Hannity and Carlson, has slipped out of the top five to sixth place. Her show also has dropped in the key 25-54 age demographic, behind Fox News's The Story with Martha MacCallum, which airs at 7 p.m. ET. Maddow has had a drop in the rankings, as the numbers have  risen for Hannity and Carlson.

John Oliver hammered FOX for laying out strict precautions and work-from-home instructions for employees while simultaneously having their on-air talent encourage everyone to flood the streets unprotected. The corporate office is doing the exact opposite of what Ingraham, Hannity and Steve Hilton are telling their viewers.

Oliver's thick British accent makes the phrase "incomparably stupid", sound so much more damning. 

the moops said:
I have no idea who Dan Bongino is, but this is hilarious

Dump the left leaning Drudge Report, go to bonginoreport.com for the best conservative news of the day without the hysteria
Big money there too, make no mistake.

@Sabertooth

Could you please change the thread title to something like ***Official Fox News Thread***

Perhaps Benghazi, Hillary and Comey still cracks you up but most of us who laugh at Fox have moved on to other things...

Bobby Lewis @revrrlewis

Ainsley Earhardt is concerned about Trump's temporary immigration ban because her au pair is an immigrant: "Many families rely on child care from other countries ... hopefully the president will roll out a plan and we'll all be informed"

:lmao:   :lmao:

Bobby Lewis @revrrlewis

Ainsley Earhardt is concerned about Trump's temporary immigration ban because her au pair is an immigrant: "Many families rely on child care from other countries ... hopefully the president will roll out a plan and we'll all be informed"

:lmao:   :lmao:
Sure but does Ainsley Earhardt use Grey Poupon mustard? THAT'S how you know when someone is really out of touch with the common people.

This is almost too incredible to believe but.... apparently Fox producers took a basic reference in a Reddit post to Monty Python's autonomous collective skit from Holy Grail.... seriously, and reported on it.

On Fox News Channel’s The Story, host Martha MacCallum read from a Reddit post that was shown on screen in a report on the self-declared autonomous zone around a police precinct, dubbed the “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone” or or “CHAZ” by the demonstrators. Rapper Raz Simone has faced controversy and has been characterized in the press as the “Warlord” of the zone.

In covering that apparent discord, MacCallum referenced the Reddit post as an example of discontent within the ranks. But, as you can see below, the post was an obvious take on a scene from the movie “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.” 

They also photoshopped pictures of armed men and digitally inserted them into photos of the CHAZ protest, and they took a photo from the Minneapolis looting and claimed it was from Seattle. (link)

Users who are viewing this thread