What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fox news cracks me up...Benghazi! Hillary! Comey! AOC! (1 Viewer)

HellToupee said:
I wonder if she talks about The Big Dog turning an intern into a human humidor
I always thought that was gross.

But then I realized it probably wasn't a Cuban cigar and then it didn't really matter.

The guy enjoyed going to McD, too and clearly had really bad taste in women

Well unless it is about Hillary, then it is a vast right-wing conspiracy, amiright?  It is really hilarious how different people behave when the shoe is on the other foot.  The excessive obsession and hatred of Trump is not healthy.  
Yeah, we should just normalize his embarrassing, careless, and, at times, dangerous behavior.  He won the election and should be able to treat the office of the presidency any way he likes without critique.  Amirite?

CNN has multiple articles on Clinton and her book this morning - including why Bernie Sanders failed her, why the Electoral College has to go and why apathetic people were at fault too.

see, its not just Fox reporting on Hillary

Well unless it is about Hillary, then it is a vast right-wing conspiracy, amiright?  It is really hilarious how different people behave when the shoe is on the other foot.  The excessive obsession and hatred of Trump is not healthy.  
Trump is president and is actually supposed to be criticized, dissected, etc.

What more does Trump need to do to be hated? What group has he not been disgusting towards? White rich guys?

Well, people are tired of reading about hurricane disasters .... there is nothing newsworthy except Hillary's book and continued denials on why she lost the election I guess.

I'd actually rather read about Hillary and get a good laugh at Foxnews vs CNN's headline which is 6 die at a nursing home  :(
I think everyone knows why she lost the election.  She does.  I do.  You do. 

She simply didn't get enough electoral votes.  End of story.  There is no need for excuses.  It's done.  Doesn't matter.  

Policy failures in S.E. Asia, not military failures.
That reminds me, is there a Vietnam War thread hiding in this forum somewhere? Because The Atlantic had a real good piece a few days ago reviewing recently uncovered (unclassified because of time? I don't really know how that works) memos and discussions where Kennedy and Johnson were expressing their serious misgivings about the endeavor but felt that failure to meet the "communists" head-on was political suicide. Really good stuff, especially if you were a draft-age person around that time.

James Daulton said:
Horrible?  Like how horrible are we talking about?  2 consenting adults screw, and ones married.  I don't consider that horrible at all.  Unfortunate if the marriage was good, but certainly not horrible.   But it is an important alt right talking point even though our current president has committed this "horrible" act himself. 
Not sure an intern can consent freely.  Pretty sure they did not screw.  I thought we had agreement there was oral, and penetration by cigar, but no screwing.  I still will never understand why he was not power slamming liberal starlets, and instead was yanking off to the image of a fat girl in a thong with a cigar growing out of her hooha like the thing was taking a dump.  Not presidential.  Doubling up with Kim Basinger and Victoria Principal, now that is a powerful image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, exactly. Like every president before! /wrong_mx
:shrug:  there is more to life than thousands of pages of whining about how horrible he is.   But take it out on me.  I just wish I could turn on the TV and watch sine news not about Trump. Thank God for the political forum, too bad we can't filter the news. 

Sure it's wrong, but it also happens all the time.  Bill and Hillary's infidelity is between them, just like Trump's infidelity was on him and Ivana.  Honestly I could care less about politicians cheating on their spouses, but where I do have issue is when said politician runs on a platform of morality and family values.  You better be the second coming of Jesus if you are going to judge others on their morality, and Trump is the anti-Jesus (both biblical and Mexican)
Bill Clinton did run on family values. "Our families have values, our government does not. "  turns out neither Bill's government or his family  had any.

I've watched Fox News twice in my life, each time I only lasted about 2 minutes (if that). 

The first time was a couple years ago. O'Reilly was talking about how lazy and terrible black people were. 

The secod time it was a panel of people talking about how morally corrupt young people were because they drank and partied too much on spring break.

i don't get how people can watch that crap 24/7. For what it's worth I don't watch CNN or MSNBC either. It's all too cooky and partisan for me. 

I'll watch a little bit of everything, I've always done that. I think what gets me about parts of Fox today (really the pundits) is the obvious attempt to weave a narrative. I can handle 'fair & balanced' in principle and I even consider it a good thing in terms of being a check on the other networks, but what I see today is an alt-narrative. This is really especially true of Hannity, then Carlson, then some elements of the Five like Waters. It's no enough to be skeptical and question claims that are made or reports by the MSM, what's weird is the need to create events or facts that just aren't happening. 

Having a clear bias on a story is not the biggest problem.  At least the story is on the air for the viewer to call BS or not on the coverage.  What really scares me though is when major news stories are not covered or basically buried.  Intentionally leaving their viewers uninformed.  Fox/Drudge have no shame when it comes to this.

I'll watch a little bit of everything, I've always done that. I think what gets me about parts of Fox today (really the pundits) is the obvious attempt to weave a narrative. I can handle 'fair & balanced' in principle and I even consider it a good thing in terms of being a check on the other networks, but what I see today is an alt-narrative. This is really especially true of Hannity, then Carlson, then some elements of the Five like Waters. It's no enough to be skeptical and question claims that are made or reports by the MSM, what's weird is the need to create events or facts that just aren't happening. 
Fox has been weaving narratives for 15 years, maybe longer. Roger Ailes used to have a staff meeting every morning, where he would pass out a list of talking points (often supplied by Republican party members) which each show was instructed to incorporate into that day's programming. So, every single 24-hour cycle would have a consistent theme. Jon Stewart used to point out how all the Fox News shows (which were supposedly independently-produced) would repeat the same phrases throughout the day.

I'm sure they still do something similar, but I think the difference is that 1) Ailes is no longer around to keep things subtle; 2) they've been getting away with it for so long that they've decided to push the limits to see how far their audience will allow them to go; and 3) things are so bad with Trump that they're forced to go to ridiculous extremes to weave his insanity into a talking point that viewers will accept.

Fox senses that Trump's ship is sinking, and they are doing everything in their power to bail him out.

Hot Diggity Dog said:
Bill Clinton did run on family values. "Our families have values, our government does not. "  turns out neither Bill's government or his family  had any.
Except for, using Trump logic, Bill caused the tech boom of the 90s. So there was that. 

I've watched Fox News twice in my life, each time I only lasted about 2 minutes (if that). 

The first time was a couple years ago. O'Reilly was talking about how lazy and terrible black people were. 

The secod time it was a panel of people talking about how morally corrupt young people were because they drank and partied too much on spring break.

i don't get how people can watch that crap 24/7. For what it's worth I don't watch CNN or MSNBC either. It's all too cooky and partisan for me. 
Median age of a FoxNews viewer is 68.  It's not like these people are tuned into the world around them.

:lol:  this thread, this forum cracks me up.  Sickly obsessed hopelessly bias and intolerant people complaining about people just like themselves. 

We can tell. All your posts are filled with mirth and joy.

It's obvious how much humor you find here, it's like a laugh-A-minute with you.
Yeah.  I am the problem. It has nothing to do with all you jerks who start in every thread by making it personal.  I am very good nature when I am outside the cesspool here and even in here I try to be good nature and make fun.  Just so many people in here take everything so damn serious and can't help their little hate-filled selfs and must attack anyone with a different perspective.  It is downright depressing.  Carry on you obsessed hateful people.  

:lol:  this thread, this forum cracks me up.  Sickly obsessed hopelessly bias and intolerant people complaining about people just like themselves. 
I'd like to correct you on something you've been doing for a while now.

BIAS is a noun. 

BIASED is the adjective you're looking for to describe people. 

Thank you for your support and understanding in this matter. 

Yeah.  I am the problem. It has nothing to do with all you jerks who start in every thread by making it personal.  I am very good nature when I am outside the cesspool here and even in here I try to be good nature and make fun.  Just so many people in here take everything so damn serious and can't help their little hate-filled selfs and must attack anyone with a different perspective.  It is downright depressing.  Carry on you obsessed hateful people.  
The laughs never stop!!

I'd like to correct you on something you've been doing for a while now.

BIAS is a noun. 

BIASED is the adjective you're looking for to describe people. 

Thank you for your support and understanding in this matter. 
Thank you.  The landing wheels on the plane were going up as I typed that and I had about 10 seconds before I would lose signal.  But thanks for the grammar correction.  I am safely in Philly airport now.  Somehow that seems kind of like an oxymoron.  

The laughs never stop!!
Yes, keep bringing the funny yourself.  Always a barrel of laughs. :lol:

Oh, btw, now is the time to ##### about me being a troll....after you initiated it and are the one making it about me.  Maybe report it to the mods too.  That trick always works.  

No guy.

You are the one making it about you. I was pointing out that judging by your posts, nothing in these threads are 'cracking you up'.

After that, you posted some more martyr stuff.

I just skimmed, not gonna lie. 

Looks like the pile on has started because those lefties always want to talk about da issues, amirite? :lol:
You mean raising issues like this?

4 hours ago, jon_mx said:

this thread, this forum cracks me up.  Sickly obsessed hopelessly bias and intolerant people complaining about people just like themselves. 
I guess no one responded to any of the issues you raised there, since they must have overwhelmed from all the choices you gave them among what to discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread