What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick up David Johnson (and if so, who to drop)? (1 Viewer)

Who to drop for David Johnson?

• John Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zay Jones

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Drop someone else (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave David Johnson on the waiver wire (for now at least)

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

brainee

Footballguy
David Johnson was dropped in my 10 team PPR ESPN league. Internet connection issues resulted in autodraft somewhat botching the first third of my draft, leaving me really poor RBs. Consequently, I tried to load on handcuffs and guys who might be underrated in the PPR format. I did get off to a win (albeit an unimpressive one) in week 1. Here's the team (starting spots are QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, R/W/T flex, K, DST with 7 bench spots):

QB: Rodgers

RB: Powell, CJ Anderson, T Coleman, D Henry, James White, Tarik Cohen

WR: Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Thielen, John Brown, Zay Jones

TE: Kelce

K: Hopkins

DST: Ravens

If I dropped anyone it would be Brown or Jones. By week 8 I'll need a roster spot to cover Rodgers' bye, but that's a while off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say Jones too. But also I'd consider trades or other emerging RB's. You don't want to wait till week 6 or 7 and he comes back and you're 2-5 or something.... but if you can survive till then it could be great. Buck Allen available? GL

I would drop James White myself. The NE RB situation has always been horrible for fantasy because you never know which RB Belichick is going to favor from week to week. Brown has a ridiculously great matchup this week against the Colts and Jones is likely to emerge as the #1 receiver in Buffalo.

Leave Johnson alone.  It's my guess the Cardinals will be out of contention by the time he's ready to return and will leave him sidelined since there will be no need to risk further injury to him,

Users who are viewing this thread