What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty - Bears passing game (1 Viewer)

kittenmittens

Footballguy
There is some serious opportunity in Chicago right now.  It's reminiscent of Cameron Meredith coming out of nowhere last year and giving us pretty good value for free - especially if you traded him this offseason.

Are there any players on Chicago's roster right now that people like?  Options look pretty limited... I'm writing off Wheaton and Kendall Wright probably won't have any dynasty value to speak of even if he produces a bit.  That leaves...

• Deonte Thompson
  • Josh Bellamy
  • Tanner Gentry
  • Tre McBride
Tanner Gentry might be interesting... Chicago must like some of these guys if they aren't raiding practice squads right now... I can't believe they aren't raiding practice squads right now.

Kevin White is probably done.  If he doesn't get cut this offseason I'll be shocked.

Anything to see here?

Out of the players you listed, I like Tanner Gentry the most as a flier. Having said that, I wouldn't be dismissing Wheaton yet - I think he has as good a shot as any of these guys for short term value.

Thompson and especially Bellamy are ham and eggers. Bellemy is a body catcher and drops lots of easy passes. He cost them the win last week. Gentry is interesting and will get a chance. Tre McBride also came over from the Titans (like Wright) and may get a shot. Wright just seems like he can't take that next step. Wheaton is a bum.

I wouldn't go fishing in this pond until the mud settles a bit. None of them appear very intriguing.

Don't think they're going to look downfield much with Glennon and this crew. 

Wright & Wheaton probably should be owned in most dynasty leagues, and Gentry in deeper leagues. I'll pass on the rest.

Thompson & Bellamy - these guys are 28 years old, they've been bouncing around the league for a while and have never done much of anything on offense. They're special teamers who provide some depth at WR.

Tre McBrde - he failed to crack the Titans' lineup back before they invested in WR, spent most of his time on the practice squad, and just joined the Bears a couple weeks ago after he was cut by the Titans. I guess he has a better shot than Thompson or Bellamy, but that isn't saying much.

Tanner Gentry - UDFA, good production at Wyoming, showed well in preseason, didn't make the initial 53, called back up after White's injury. Has an uphill battle to NFL relevance, but at least has some upside.

Wright is a first rounder who had a 1000 yard season in Tennessee. Wheaton has been the 3rd receiver in Pittsburgh and his numbers in 2014-15 were in the same ballpark as what Emmanuel Sanders did in Pittsburgh. Neither of them seems that great but they each have a reasonable shot at being Chicago's top receiver this year.

Wright had his best seasons when Loggains was in TEN, so there's that going for him (when not injured, as usual).

Until Trubador gets his shot, steer clear.

-Bears homer

Thompson and especially Bellamy are ham and eggers. Bellemy is a body catcher and drops lots of easy passes. He cost them the win last week. Gentry is interesting and will get a chance. Tre McBride also came over from the Titans (like Wright) and may get a shot. Wright just seems like he can't take that next step. Wheaton is a bum.
Ding ding ding! Finally a fan with a brain. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I agree with most of the sentiments here.  I picked up Gentry because he is the only one I can see having future value.  There is literally no competition there, and those situations usually produce a free dynasty asset. 

Users who are viewing this thread