What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crazy to start mixon tonight (1 Viewer)

uofmfan28

Footballguy
.5 ppr 

Lost DJ, and was 8th on waivers this week and didn't get my top picks, so my choices are limited. Starting2 rbs:

Mixon

Abdullah

Kamara

Ellington

C.johnson 

Horrible choices, I know, so I'm banking on talent alone to start mixon

Not crazy ... but it's too risky.

thursday night games usually blow - messy defensive games. 

I would suck it up and roll with Abdullah 

I'd probably start Abdullah and hope his ~17 touches result in at least 1 big play. 

Bengals literally just said no plans on increasing Mixon's role, so it seems very risky. 

eta: starting 2. Yeesh. Who else got hurt?  because that's a terrible group of RBs. 

I guess Mixon is the guy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks fellas,  went heavy wr(start 3) , plus a keeper league, so most of the top rbs were kept and got snaked multiple times during the draft.

craaaazy

over the rainbow, you are crazy

bars on the window...

I feel like I got lucky last week with Riddick, without that TD it would have been a pretty bad game for him. 
Except for the 6 receptions you mean?  That's a lot of targets and makes for a really nice floor. 

I see Mixon's as lower.

i could be wrong. 

Except for the 6 receptions you mean?  That's a lot of targets and makes for a really nice floor. 

I see Mixon's as lower.

i could be wrong. 
I'm not disagreeing with you at all and you could very well be correct, but I have a partner on this team(FPC) and we both decided on flipping the coin with Mixon. We discussed this move for over 30 minutes and it could totally end up blowing up in our faces. The success of the Jax RB's is what made us lean this way.  :fingerscrossed:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all and you could very well be correct, but I have a partner on this team(FPC) and we both decided on flipping the coin with Mixon. We discussed this move for over 30 minutes and it could totally end up blowing up in our faces. The success of the Jax RB's is what made us lean this way.  :fingerscrossed:
You may need a new coin. lol

i don't think it'll blow up in your face, it's not that big a swing. I just see it as less of a coin flip and more feeling like you have to play the higher pick. 

I assume Riddick was a higher draft pick, despite likely being the more valuable player. 

Unless Hill or Bernard go down, and until I see the Bengals play what looks like competitive football, I'd have a hard time starting anyone not named Green on that offense. 

You gotta think if this offense continues to look this inept, Cincy would almost have to shake things up just by default.  Maybe not tonight, but I'd rather see them lose bad again just to force their hand to do something. 

I'm really surprised we haven't seen more of Mixon at this point.

fournette, CMC, Cook have all had plenty of work ... WTF is Marvin waiting for?

frustrating 

They have no one to block. You could have barry sanders behins this line and it wouldnt be productive. Tonifht is going to be conservative cover my a $$ playcalling so they dont go 0-3

uofmfan28 said:
.5 ppr 

Lost DJ, and was 8th on waivers this week and didn't get my top picks, so my choices are limited. Starting2 rbs:

Mixon

Abdullah

Kamara

Ellington

C.johnson 

Horrible choices, I know, so I'm banking on talent alone to start mixon
Not sure  if you went with him. But I like Kamara this week. Should be shootout and he will probably catch quite a few passes.

You may need a new coin. lol

i don't think it'll blow up in your face, it's not that big a swing. I just see it as less of a coin flip and more feeling like you have to play the higher pick. 

I assume Riddick was a higher draft pick, despite likely being the more valuable player. 

Unless Hill or Bernard go down, and until I see the Bengals play what looks like competitive football, I'd have a hard time starting anyone not named Green on that offense. 
On the bench until an injury happens. That oline is horrible, the schedule does ease up for those guys so wait for something to happen I guess. 

Users who are viewing this thread