What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS Sportsline Waiver help (1 Viewer)

CaptainKnots

Footballguy
OK, a team is challenging a wire waiver move that CBS Sportsline automatically did and I'm not sure what logic was used because its not making sense to the league (including myself).  So first off, I do a live draft and set the draft order immediately after the draft.  My understanding is that the waiver wire if opened prior to week 1 will determine waiver position based on reverse order of the draft (snake).  With that said, Team A drafted 3rd, Team B drafted 5th.  So prior to week 1 starting, waivers are opened and Team B takes a player on the waiver wire on 9/7.  That same day Team A makes a wire move as well.  This is all fine at this point, however, week 1 finishes and Team A and B ends up both 1-0 for the week.  Team A has more points than Team B for the week however, yet both put in for William (RB for Arizona), yet Team A received the player.  Can anyone explain the reasoning behind?  I would think that since Team B finished with less points for week 1, they would have received the player?

Thanks in advance for any help here.

:unsure:

It depends on how you have waivers set up. Is it reset based on record or rolling waivers. If it's rolling A would be before B again since they both picked in Week 1.

According to our league rules Waiver Order Resets: "Every week based on reverse order of standings".  Does that help?
It should have gone to team B since they both won, but team B had a lower overall score. We use CBS with reverse order of standings and ours was correct in waiver order. 

Hmmm Simey....The only thing I would add and I don't think it matters, is that Team A (AFC), played an NFC team, so his record the division is still 0-0.  Not sure or where this would factor in if it does.

Where in CBS do you check the "wire priority list" Saints?
If you look at it now it may not be the same order as the day prior when waivers run, because people can continue to pick up people days after which mixes up the original waiver order.

Right...so based on my original post Dr. Octopus thinks things played out correctly, where you Simey, think it should have gone to Team B.  This is where i'm stuck, because typically, CBS does the math behind the scenes and i dont have to worry about jumping in...

Right...so based on my original post Dr. Octopus thinks things played out correctly, where you Simey, think it should have gone to Team B.  This is where i'm stuck, because typically, CBS does the math behind the scenes and i dont have to worry about jumping in...
We do the reverse order of standings like I said. I won this past week, but I had the lowest overall score compared to the other winning teams, and I had priority over all of the other winners before the waivers ran.

And to me Simey, that makes sense.  Not sure why it went to Team A?  Anything have to do with using the waiver wire prior to start of week 1 where both chose a player????  I guess im going full circle here to make sure...

And to me Simey, that makes sense.  Not sure why it went to Team A?  Anything have to do with using the waiver wire prior to start of week 1 where both chose a player????  I guess im going full circle here to make sure...
Whoever was picked up by what team prior in week 1 shouldn't have mattered for week 2.

It's automatic Simey.  Folks understand that Tuesday night is when u want to get them in as transactions will hit first thing Wednesday morning.

Honestly, the division rankings has Team A behind Team B even though Team A scored more points week 1 (both got wins).  Im guesing the win in the division has something to do with it (vs. team A who played a team from the other division).  That's the only thing that is making sense to me why CBS tallied as it did.

Honestly, the division rankings has Team A behind Team B even though Team A scored more points week 1 (both got wins).  Im guesing the win in the division has something to do with it (vs. team A who played a team from the other division).  That's the only thing that is making sense to me why CBS tallied as it did.
It shouldn't matter regarding divisions. The waiver goes on the league as a whole for waiver order, at least ours does. 

Hmmm Simey....The only thing I would add and I don't think it matters, is that Team A (AFC), played an NFC team, so his record the division is still 0-0.  Not sure or where this would factor in if it does.
Sounds like your tiebreakers are set wrong. Probably set to:

Overall Record (Both teams at 1-0)

Division Record (Team A is 0-0, Team B is 1-0)

Total Points (Team A has more points)

In this scenario Team B would be listed first and then Team A so Team A would get the waiver claim

* Haven't used CBSsports but at RTSports division record can be used as a tiebreaker

Double check and reset the order to

Overall Record

Total Points

Division Record

Last edited by a moderator:
They're both 1-0, didnt play each other, Team A had more points week 1, i feel like it should stop there, and Team B would have priority.

No, I only think it played out correctly if you had waivers set to rolling.

If you did have it reset to go in reverse order of standings the next thing you need to check is your tie-breakers for standings - if it's points then something went wrong. Honestly it sounds like its a user error as I can't imagine how the website would just randomly chose the wrong team.

Users who are viewing this thread