What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Goodson injury. (1 Viewer)

Only 70% and 83% of snaps in Weeks 4 and 5, respectively.

First game back I thought the reduced usage was due to easing back in from injury.

Now I'm wondering if NYG view Goodson strictly as a 2-down run stuffer with Robinson back.

Does anyone have any additional insight?

My simple explanation to this is going back to his injury. They saw him in camp they know what he can and cannot do. Against the Boys he was on the field the whole time. Then gets a knee injury and has to miss multiple weeks. 

The most simple explanation is that he is not 100%, potentially has some issues in coverage right now with lateral mobility and turn and run techniques. Give it time and see what happens. I would bet he is back to 100% before the year ends.

Does anybody know If Curtis Grant continues to see an expanded role?  It looked like he played every snap after Goodson left the game and Casillas has already been ruled out(?)

Normon projects Grant at only 7.6 (??)

Thanks

Does anybody know If Curtis Grant continues to see an expanded role?  It looked like he played every snap after Goodson left the game and Casillas has already been ruled out(?)

Normon projects Grant at only 7.6 (??)

Thanks
I think Grant could but I’m not starting him yet

Two options with Goodson and casillas out again.

1. Munson MLB KROB WLB

2. KROB MLB Grant WLB

regardless, the only one startable is KRob in my opinion. If you’re in a super deep league, Munson and Grant could be holds but neither excite me.

I don’t make excuses, if you’re wrong you’re wrong and in the stat lines I was definitely wrong but it looks like K Rob might have been on his way to a nice game but had to cede to Grant and Munson due to an injury.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/giants-keenan-robinson-hurts-quad/
KRob earned a downgrade in Rudnicki's latest article. Munson has been a nice source of cheap tackles.Last week was a good opportunity versus Gurley and Malcolm Brown, but this week may be less profitable versus the 49ers. 

That article is a joke, if you had a bad game or got hurt you got downgraded if you had a good game you got upgraded, it doesn’t matter if you had a good game because you filled in for somebody that’s going to be back next week or if you had a good game because you lucked into three interceptions etc. That article might as well be called good game bad game. Total waste of a read in my opinion.

I am looking to invest in Goodson for next year in a dynasty.  Other than the obvious injury concerns, what is his outlook for next year?  He is an every down LB?  Is he worth investing in?

Users who are viewing this thread