What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA BTTF VI Draft - DONE! Regular Season OVAH. Commence trade talk and six month wait for WIS rosters (2 Viewers)

Koya

Footballguy
A year ago today, we were bemoaning how awful it would soon be with Hillary as President - but on the bright side, the Patriots haven't won squat and stupid Tom Brady has to sit for four games, certainly dooming their season.  

But all that's ok, you guy's roped poor ol' Koya, a rookie with almost no NBA knowledge, to take the last and final spot.  Suckas. 

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!   GET YOUR FBG-WIS-NBA-BTTF VI, HERE!

LINK TO LAST YEAR'S GOOGLE DOC

LINK TO THIS YEARS GOOGLE DOC

2016-2017 Recap and Participants:

Final Four: Koya, Scoobus, Kev4029, Yo Mama

Runner Up: Scoobus 

CHAMPION: Koya 

Congrats to all the playoff participants, and a good season by all!

We Draft 18 players to start, and load 12 of them into an online simulation at www.whatifsports.com. Obviously drafting and shtick are usually the best parts, but the sim and all is pretty fun as well... if you aren't a team of the walking dead, understood.

Heads up as to clock:

Due to our short timeframe, we will look to extended hours beginning Monday for the clock to run. If you go on the clock before that time, you will be skipped once it's over:

FRIDAY: 1 hour clock. Runs from 9 am to 8 pm eastern... WEST COASTERS wil get an extra hour, so their clock begins at 7am.  MUST DECLARE you are on the WC so we know, otherwise you may get skipped.

NEXT WEEK: 30 Min clock. Same as above but goes to 10pm eastern.

If you don't want to wake up early or have other concerns so as not to be skipped, LEAVE A LIST.

Final Participants and Snake Draft Order:

1-Kraft 

2-scoobus

3-MSUDaisy

4-Yo Mama (WEST COAST)

5-Chemical X

6-JMon348 (WEST COAST)

7-Kev4029

8-JB Breakfast Club

9-Sammy3469 

10-TobiasFunke

11-Slapdash

12-jomar

13-Gr00vus (WEST COAST)

14-MoNiles

15-Spartans Rule

16-Long Ball Larry

17-hagmania

18-Koya

19-Bananafish (WEST COAST)

20-No. 16 aka Charlie Harper

21-the moops

22-The Gator

23-Frostillicus

24-rodg12

Last edited by a moderator:
NEW INFO FOR DRAFT (rules below in this same post)

People can start submitting Day 1 bids.  Bid schedule is as follows:

Please submit a bid with each player (if you want to bid on said player) to wisruthroll at gmail as well as a priority from 1-3 (in case you would win two players and these would take you over your budget, you would be awarded the higher priority player).

Auction: bids due 11 PM EST / 10 Central / 9 Mountain / 8 Pacific

Day 1 on Tues Sept 26 day one's bid group will be...

1. Karl-Anthony Towns, C - Koya $77 (won three way roll off)

2. Anthony Davis, PF - Sammy $73

3. Kevin Durant, SF - Hagmania $76

4. Russell Westbrook, PG - Gator $75

5. Giannis Antetokounmpo, SF/PF Groovus $78

6. DeMarcus Cousins, C - John Bender $63

Day 2

7. James Harden, SG

8. LeBron James, SF/PF

9. Stephen Curry, PG

10. Kawhi Leonard, SF

11. Nikola Jokic, PF/C

12. Hassan Whiteside, PF/C

Day 3

13. Chris Paul, PG

14. Rudy Gobert, C

15. John Wall, PG

16. DeAndre Jordan, C

17. Myles Turner, PF/C

18. Blake Griffin, PF

19. Nikola Vucevic, C

20. Draymond Green, SF/PF

21. Damian Lillard, PG

22. Paul George, SF

Day 4

23. Kyrie Irving, PG

24. Andre Drummond, C

25. Kristaps Porzingis, PF

26. Gordon Hayward, SG/SF

27. Paul Millsap, PF

28. Al Horford, C

29. Kevin Love, PF

30. Marc Gasol, C

31. Kemba Walker, PG

32. LaMarcus Aldridge, PF

Day 5

33. Jimmy Butler, SG/SF

34. Kyle Lowry, PG

35. Isaiah Thomas, PG

36. Klay Thompson, SG

37. CJ McCollum, PG/SG

38. Julius Randle, PF

39. Jusuf Nurkic, C

40. Bradley Beal, SG

41. Joel Embiid, C

42. Jrue Holiday, PG

Day 6

43. Dennis Schroder, PG

44. Mike Conley, PG

45. Jeff Teague, PG

46. Dwight Howard, C

47. Nicolas Batum, SG/SF

48. Brook Lopez, C

49. Khris Middleton, SG/SF

50. Goran Dragic, PG

51. Ricky Rubio, PG

52. Otto Porter Jr., SF

Day 7

53. Ben Simmons, PF

54. Carmelo Anthony, SF/PF

55. Jonas Valanciunas, C

56. Steven Adams, C

57. Aaron Gordon, SF/PF

58. Clint Capela, C

59. Willy Hernangomez, C

60. Eric Bledsoe, PG

61. Victor Oladipo, SG

62. Marcin Gortat, C

Day 8

63. Tristan Thompson, PF/C

64. Serge Ibaka, PF

65. Elfrid Payton, PG

66. DeMar DeRozan, SG

67. Andrew Wiggins, SG

68. Enes Kanter, C

69. Derrick Favors, PF

70. Lonzo Ball, PG

71. Avery Bradley, SG

72. D'Angelo Russell, PG/SG

Draft Starts at 11am EST on Friday Oct 6

RULES 

Draft/Roster Size: 18 Rounds, keep best 12 for WIS (assuming that remains the same)

Format: Daily blind bid auction

Summary: Each day there will be 6 to 10 players up for auction simultaneously. Each team is allotted $100 in auction funds.Teams can bid up to their available funds for any individual player up for auction. Owners can place bids on multiple players during a bidding cycle, e.g. you can bid $100 on every player on day one. See bid prioritization for more info. No decimal bids -- any decimal will be rounded down to a whole number (i.e. $10.88 will be a $10 bid)

Bidding: Send one email per team with all daily bids to WISRUTHROLL@GMAIL.COM. The deadline will be 11:00 EDT so TRE can award the bids before the start of the following day.

Send email in the player order provided - include clear instruction of your 3 priority players (if you're using them). Be sure and include your FBG name. 

Example Email:

1. Davis 100
2. Curry 100 (1st PRIORITY)
3. Harden 5
4. James 6
5. Westbrook 10 (2nd PRIORITY)
6. Durant 15 (3rd PRIORITY)

You can prioritize up to three bids per day (optional). These bids will be processed first if an owner has multiple successful bids in a day.

Excluded prioritized bids, auctions will be processed in the order of the rankings, e.g. the player ranked #3 will be awarded before player #4. If an owner doesn't have enough funds available due to a player awarded earlier in the day's processing, the bid on the latter player would be invalid.

**If you want to void bids after winning a certain player or position, you must include those instructions.

Auction tiebreakers:
1. amount of money remaining in budget at the time the player is processed. More=better.
2. dice roll

Last edited by a moderator:
ThankS @Spartans Rule for the following.  I added not about no carryover of minutes from reg season to playoffs

If you build a logical basketball team, and your players perform well in the season, you'll do fine. That said, here's what everything does in the sim:

Usage: Explained at the link HERE better than I could.

Shooting percentages and turnovers: Are covered under usage.

Minutes: Your players will be allowed to play about the number of minutes they played in real life. If you don't have enough minutes, your players will fatigue, be ineffective, and possibly get injured (there are no random injuries, just fatigue-related ones). NOTE: YOU CAN NOT HOLD OVER UNUSED MINUTES FROM THE REGULAR SEASON IN THE PLAYOFFS. 

Position Effectiveness: Players who have less than 100% at a position will not perform up to their full capabilities. You'll probably notice that outside of pure point guards and giant oafish centers, most players are 100% at multiple positions, so you have some flexibility.

Assists: Having more of them will positively affect your team's FG%.

Rebounds: Function exactly as you'd expect them to.

Blocks and steals: Players accumulate them at roughly real-life rates, and I assume they cause more missed shots and turnovers for the other team.

Defensive rating: Lowers or raises the FG% of the player he's guarding. Good luck figuring out how to draft players who get good D ratings. Also note that if a player got an 80 or 90 rating exactly, it was probably because he made first or second team all-defense. We're not going to wait for the all-defense teams to be picked, so don't assume a guy who's had a 90 five straight years will get one again.

And, you can win COLD HARD CASH! (well, amazon gift cards).

I forgot that I'd won a couple MLB leagues a couple years back, and had enough WIS points to win two $25 dollar amazon gift cards (and about 3/4 of the way to a third).

DON'T SAY THIS #### AIN'T AN INVESTMENT.

clifton's notes?
A year ago today, I had no idea who Harrison Barnes was. 

Today, I stand Champion of this realm, with Barnes as a key contributor to the trophy run.

Aka: Draft a team of 18 players. Choose the best 12 to upload into a season long simulation - whereby you have control of minutes/position and certain offensive and defensive settings (slow or fast paced offense, half court or press, etc) game by game.

Also, a lot of opportunity for schtick.

A year ago today, we were bemoaning how awful it would soon be with Hillary as President - but on the bright side, the Patriots haven't won squat and stupid Tom Brady has to sit for four games, certainly dooming their season.  

But all that's ok, you guy's roped poor ol' Koya, a rookie with almost no NBA knowledge, to take the last and final spot.  Suckas. 

ANYONE INTERESTED IN JOINING? We Draft 18 players to start, and load 12 of them into an online simulation at www.whatifsports.com. Obviously drafting and shtick are usually the best parts, but the sim and all is pretty fun as well... if you aren't a team of the walking dead, understood.

As of now, 20.5 of 24 confirmed.  Need answer by Monday, noon, for @Arsenal of Doom @John Bender and Abe (still don't know what the deal is there :shrug:  ) @Eephus dont be an @doofus and bring your finely cured Bay Area wit and charm back on in.

1. @Notorious T.R.E. - In and Co-Commish
2. @Koya - In, and Champmissioner
3. @Sammy3469 - In before he forgets to respond. 
4. @TobiasFunke  - In
5. @Frostillicus - In
6. @Eephus  - Probably eventually gonna be sucked.... in.
7. @the moops - In
8. @rodg12 - In
9. @jomar  - In
10. @Kev4029 - In
11. @Chemical X  - In
12. @JMon348 - In
13. @No. 16 - In
14. @scoobus - In
15. @Slapdash - In
16. @John Bender - OPEN SPOT COME MONDAY
17. @Arsenal of Doom - OPEN SPOT COME MONDAY
18. @Kraft... - In
19. @Yo Mama - In
20. @hagmania  - In
21. @Spartans Rule - In
22. @The Gator - In
23. @bananafish  - In
24. Abe - OPEN SPOT COME MONDAY 

NOTE: WIS HAS BEEN SOLD TO SPORTSHUB. All indications are this is a positive move.  At worst, it appears there will be status quo for the user interface and engine, but it's quite possible appropriate updates may in fact occur.  Not likely to happen before the season starts, but perhaps we have some refinements to the engine before we start the SIM component of this. 
@Abraham

My travel season has begun - if this is to get off the ground, gonna need someone else to help take the lead.

thanks! 

And, you can win COLD HARD CASH! (well, amazon gift cards).

I forgot that I'd won a couple MLB leagues a couple years back, and had enough WIS points to win two $25 dollar amazon gift cards (and about 3/4 of the way to a third).

DON'T SAY THIS #### AIN'T AN INVESTMENT.
Wait, what?

ANYONE INTERESTED IN JOINING? We Draft 18 players to start, and load 12 of them into an online simulation at www.whatifsports.com. Obviously drafting and shtick are usually the best parts, but the sim and all is pretty fun as well... if you aren't a team of the walking dead, understood.

As of now, 20.5 of 24 confirmed.  Need answer by Monday, noon, for @Arsenal of Doom @John Bender and Abe (still don't know what the deal is there :shrug:  ) @Eephus dont be an @doofus and bring your finely cured Bay Area wit and charm back on in.
You gots the wrong John Bender tagged in here...that's why I didn't know to respond. I'm in for another season.

Ok to draft and then skip WIS?
That's been the unintentional result for me every time I've been in this. Oh, I put the roster together, tried to get the minutes to work out (I always seemed to be about 200 minutes short), but in the end, my team was pretty much a bye for whoever was playing me.

I'm sure it'll be different this time. But, let's face it, I suck at this.

That's been the unintentional result for me every time I've been in this. Oh, I put the roster together, tried to get the minutes to work out (I always seemed to be about 200 minutes short), but in the end, my team was pretty much a bye for whoever was playing me.

I'm sure it'll be different this time. But, let's face it, I suck at this.
WIS is just sooo bad.

Looks like a lot of fun.  But I'm too flaky to be a reliable drafter, lineup submitter, etc.  So it's best for the league if I decline.
The lineup is really only submitted once into WIS. The level of involvement after that point is up to you, but at least half of the people don't touch it after that. I wouldn't let that part sway you. If the draft is too much of a commitment, I would understand, but I know you've done these things with us in the past.

What is going on?
Check out post 2 and 3, and here is a link to last year.

Basically we draft a pretendsies basketball team prior to the season (similar to a fantasy draft), watch all of our picks fail (also similar to a fantasy draft), then put them in a simulator based on the season's results around NBA finals time, watch the sim show us how bad our team is, then do it again next year.

Check out post 2 and 3, and here is a link to last year.

Basically we draft a pretendsies basketball team prior to the season (similar to a fantasy draft), watch all of our picks fail (also similar to a fantasy draft), then put them in a simulator based on the season's results around NBA finals time, watch the sim show us how bad our team is, then do it again next year.
Sounds like fun, how much is it? I was reading the 1st couple posts, and was trying to figure it out, will probably have to read it again.

Sounds like fun, how much is it? I was reading the 1st couple posts, and was trying to figure it out, will probably have to read it again.
At the end of the NBA season when we load our ####ty rosters into the sim, it's 10 bucks. That's the only cost. No opportunity to win any money, just for nerdy basketball fun.

At the end of the NBA season when we load our ####ty rosters into the sim, it's 10 bucks. That's the only cost. No opportunity to win any money, just for nerdy basketball fun.
even moops' team was less ####ty than the sim

Users who are viewing this thread