What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tanner Gentry, UDFA, Bears (1 Viewer)

rickyg

Footballguy
Didn't see any threads dedicated to him.  Don't know much about him but the bears are decimated at wr and just promoted him the the active roster. 

I watched his highlight reel from college and he looked explosive.  Why was he undradted?  Anyone very familiar with him?  

Could he be this years cam Meredith?  Worth a pre-emptive pickup before the games today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Who did you drop for him? 
Jaron Brown.  I hope I don't pay for that, but I don't see the Cards offense very flexible with their stud out.  I think Gentry has a higher ceiling, which is what the move was really all about.  Gentry looks great on highlights.

Just looking at stats and not video, he has had some good/great games against real teams like Boise St and Nebraska.

He was one of my reach adds along with Clement and Kasen Williams.  The odds of any one of them being more than a bye week filler are long, but these guys all at least flashed some possibilities.  Got to take your shot while they are cheap right now.

IN

he was my 8th round pick in the rookie draft (Cohen was my 7th). Almost dropped him but had the roster space to keep a few fliers. Don't expect much but giddy up!

Saw him in preseason.

So, what does the Bears current WR depth chart look like?
What's probably more relevant is his limited route tree, and the fact the Bears don't have any other WRs on the roster with his deep ball & contested catch ability. He's most similar to Wheaton, who's out (right?) after pinky surgery. I don't think he impacts Wright or Thompson because they'll be running underneath routes. He's faster than Bellamy or McBride and the Bucs have weak safeties. May not see a lot of snaps but he's got HR potential.

He did work exclusively with Trubisky in the preseason, but he had the best TC of any Bears WR by a good margin.

Exactly.  Good rapport with Trub, Giraffe doesn't throw downfield enough nor well.  Gentry was sent to the PS to work on his route-running.

No value until Trub takes over for Giraffe.

Will be monitoring this closely today and will report back.

Hasn't been on O yet.  Flagged for unnecessary roughness on a touchback.

:loco:

That's it for this week.

2/3 for 27 in garbage time with a bad drop (nobody around).

Waived again.  Let's see if anyone else grabs him.  Otherwise, it's back to the PS.

I was a fan of wright for a while. So disappointing.
I  loved Wright coming out his rookie year. I traded up in several leagues to get him. Remember how loaded that draft was supposed to be?

Trent Richardson - bust

Doug Martin - great or bust

Andrew Luck -  Great

RG3 - Bust

Michael Floyd - Bust

David Wilson - Bust

Coby Fleener - Average at best

Justin Blackmon - Bust

The only good guys have been Jeffery, Lamar Miller and Luck

I  loved Wright coming out his rookie year. I traded up in several leagues to get him. Remember how loaded that draft was supposed to be?

Trent Richardson - bust

Doug Martin - great or bust

Andrew Luck -  Great

RG3 - Bust

Michael Floyd - Bust

David Wilson - Bust

Coby Fleener - Average at best

Justin Blackmon - Bust

The only good guys have been Jeffery, Lamar Miller and Luck
Quick, Pead, and Randle all as top 15 rookie picks, too. Yeah, that draft class seemed pretty good at the time. Josh Gordon was also in that draft, for those who held their rookie draft after July.

Users who are viewing this thread