What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lawrence Timmons - left team (1 Viewer)

RenegadeGM

Footballguy
Per Sleeprbot alert:  CBS Soprts' Jason LaCanfora reports Dolphins SLB Lawrence Timmons has left the team and is uncertain for Week 2 against the Chargers.

Justin March or Chase Allen, it's all they have.  Hull will now play nickel, he's a great sneaky play

Sep 19 4:23pm ET

Miami Dolphins LB Lawrence Timmons has been suspended indefinitely after inexplicably leaving prior to the Dolphins' Week 2 contest.
I wonder how long that's going to last...

The Dolphins suspended Timmons "indefinitely" which equals no more than 4 weeks per the CBA. So he could conceivably come back any time. But if Hull continues his strong play, it may be Timmons that leaves the field in sub-packages - not Hull - when and if he returns. Something to watch, but I'm playing Hull until I hear otherwise and hoping he's the next incarnation of Zach Thomas.

Dealing with a personal situation, Timmons went AWOL from the team on Saturday night. He was reportedly back with the club on Monday, but the Dolphins have decided the transgression must be punished. "Indefinite" team suspensions have a way of lasting only a game or two, but Timmons' situation is extremely murky. Anything from one week to the Dolphins moving on completely is on the table. Under the CBA, four weeks is the max length of Timmons' suspension. The ban should void the $4.5 million guaranteed in Timmons' deal.
Whew lawd that's a lot of money in limbo....

Not to mention - 

Bills released ILB Jelani Jenkins; waived S Trae Elston.

Jenkins spent one week on the 53-man roster, but wasn't active in Week 2. He could reunite with the Dolphins, who have a need at inside linebacker following Lawrence Timmons' indefinite suspension. Sep 19 - 4:36 PM

What does his return mean this week?  Hull still have value?  Any Miami homers hear anything?
Not a Miami homer, but I think Hull has almost no value now. It remains to be seen how much Timmons will play Sunday, but I can't imagine Hull having much value moving forward. 

Someone dropped Timmons after the week 1 AWOL and suspension ... I just picked him up and dumped Hull on the garbage heap

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone dropped Timmons after the week 1 AWOL and suspension ... I just picked him up and dumped Hull on the garbage heap
Same exact thing for me, lol. He was the 17th ranked LB in my league last year, so I'll take the chance on picking up a potential LB2 off the wire. 

What are the expectations for LT? Do most think he'll be as productive as he was in Pittsburgh? Gotta say...his mental state is a little disconcerting. 

Users who are viewing this thread