What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Ed Dickson, for those desperate for a TE in super deep leagues.

Maybe CAR brings in someone like Gary Barnidge.

Chris Thompson and Duke Johnson (if he was dropped in any leagues). Skins are up and Thompson still getting work. Duke was by far the better man out there for the Browns

Was close to picking him up for a spot start today and talked myself out of it like the chump I am. When John Brown is back, this gets a lot less attractive however.
You mean IF John Brown ever gets back.  

He's out for multiple weeks at the very least and can't stay healthy regardless 

Perine if Fat Rob is out next week.
Thompson. He was only 3 snaps shy of Kelley last week and will play more than Perrine if they both continue to run the way they have today

EDIT: Thompson just ran a 61 yard TD. I rest my case (barring further injury of course)

Last edited by a moderator:
Olsen owner here. Ppr. 12 teams 

#1 top overall ww priority, currently debating:

hunter henry or chris thompson.

Seeing how Reed left the game as did Gronk, securing the top waiver TE might be most beneficial considering demand. 

Might be time to pick Kenny Britt back up if Coleman has indeed broken his hand.
Britt looks really off and out of sync, I'd rather take a shot at Rashard Higgins or even Kasen Williams as a speculative add.

EDIT: You wonder if this bumps up Sammie Coates also. The one thing I'll add is Browns had no issue going 2 TE alot (Njkou and DeValve)

Britt looks really off and out of sync, I'd rather take a shot at Rashard Higgins or even Kasen Williams as a speculative add.
Agree that Higgins is the move here. Him, Duke, and maybe Devalve will be the primary pass catchers.

top priority, only debating:

Seeing how Reed left the game as did Gronk, securing the top waiver TE might be most beneficial considering demand. 
Would go Thompson. Unless it's a TE premium league, RBs will always be more valuable. Somebody like Ben Watson, Julius Thomas or Charles Clay can give you streams at the TE position. RBs are just so much more valuable

top priority, only debating:

In a PPR league, I would grab Hunter Henry if you can.  He looked great in pre season and did well today.  For some strange reason, was not targeted in week 1 so he is somewhat flying under the radar.  Not for long though.  Washington will be a time share with Thompson / Perrine / Fat Rob (if / when he comes back).

Agree that Higgins is the move here. Him, Duke, and maybe Devalve will be the primary pass catchers.

Would go Thompson. Unless it's a TE premium league, RBs will always be more valuable. Somebody like Ben Watson, Julius Thomas or Charles Clay can give you streams at the TE position. RBs are just so much more valuable
Chris Thompson is one fluke game. He's been there for years, he's a low volume CoP back.

Chris Thompson is one fluke game. He's been there for years, he's a low volume CoP back.
Except it's 2 games straight with very different game script. They don't quite trust Perrine not to fumble, Kelley may not be healthy, Reed DEFINITELY isn't health, and they have lost 2 trusted pass catchers since last year. I see things having aligned for Thompson. He's Theo Riddick with the ability to run

Except it's 2 games straight with very different game script. They don't quite trust Perrine not to fumble, Kelley may not be healthy, Reed DEFINITELY isn't health, and they have lost 2 trusted pass catchers since last year. I see things having aligned for Thompson. He's Theo Riddick with the ability to run
well, he got 21 carries...

Derrick or Hunter? Derrick owned in almost all. Hunter I had and dropped after 0 targets last week as many others did I would guess.
oops.

i'd rush to grab him back in any leagues where he was cut. looks like it was just a game script thing bc he was heavily involved this week. and he looks just as good as we thought he was...

If Watson is going to get volume from Flacco he is definitely an add. No explosion at all, but 6 to 8 ten yard receptions where he falls down immediately a game is worth it.

Thompson hasn't actually touched the ball any more this year than last year, he's just done more with it on a few big plays.

He's on pace for 48 rushes and 56 catches this year.  Last year he had 68 rushes and 49 catches.

Chris Johnson quickly seemed to usurp Kerwynn as the primary RB. He won't catch too many passes, but if the defense keeps the Cards in games, CJ could get a fair amount of carries.

Chris Johnson quickly seemed to usurp Kerwynn as the primary RB. He won't catch too many passes, but if the defense keeps the Cards in games, CJ could get a fair amount of carries.
Unfortunately, that offense had trouble moving the ball against the Colts. The ####### COLTS. He's worth a pick up but man that offense looks like a hot mess at times.

Siemian is looking pretty good....

(minus the fumble) 

If I would have started him instead of Winston I probably win both ends of my DH this weekend going away.

If he's on your WW and you're running a QBBC take a good look at him.  He's playing with great confidence and throwing with authority.  The game has slowed way down for him.

Yeah I was off on that one. Looks like CJ is the one to own(if you want any of them)

If I would have started him instead of Winston I probably win both ends of my DH this weekend going away.

If he's on your WW and you're running a QBBC take a good look at him.  He's playing with great confidence and throwing with authority.  The game has slowed way down for him.
Good call on Siemian, both of you -- I think I'm picking  him up and leaving the Red Rocket to the wire. Dalton and Cinci look like a year-long hot mess.

I think I might do just that. Was planning on platooning Dak and Palmer throughout the year. Now I might just bail on Palmer and give this kid a try.

One thing that's often overlooked (well, by me, anyway) is how helpful a top - notch defense can be to a QBs maturation. With a capable defense, you're always in games, you get more reps and more chances. You don't fall into panic mode because you see the game slipping away from you. It makes the growing process that much easier.

Having a couple seasons under his belt now, I feel like things are starting to come together. It doesn't hurt that their running game is looking a little more effective than anticipated, either. 

Reading through this thread, I've decided the answer is no one. No One. Especially with the #1 waiver priority, unless you're truly desperate, of course.

Not using my waiver pick for it since I have the #1 waiver but I'm either picking up Wents or Siemien as right now I'm stuck with Russel Wilson and his fantasy numbers blow. He just struggled against a pretty poor 49ers team so I think I'm benching him for a week or 2 and if his play doesn't change ill have to cut him loose because of the short benches

Gonna try for Nelson in a league where Cobb and Hogan are beat up.  

Gonna try for Watson in a league I lost Olsen

Reading through this thread, I've decided the answer is no one. No One. Especially with the #1 waiver priority, unless you're truly desperate, of course.
You may be right. There are nice pieces on the WW but no one who is a slam dunk must add except for maybe Carson if he's still put there by some miracle

Yeah nobody in either of my leagues too. Nelson & Perine are only good ones and they are both on rosters. Maybe Thompson.

Users who are viewing this thread