What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Green Bay at Atlanta (1 Viewer)

Non contact... interesting... not to speculate but 1 non contact ACL injury usually means high risk for a second. didn't look like an ACL type non contact though. Looked more like a hamstring issue but who knows. Would like to hear an update on that at some point..

Ty looked awesome on that drive. Would like to see him run between the tackles at the goal line. I think he did last week but I'm not sure. Great drive. Hope Jordys okay otherwise we are SOL

Nelson has an ice pack on his knee... was very pissed but still on bench as opposed to going to locker room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the Packers going to do the same dance this year?

Try to establish the run and play defense to start the year , go 4 - 4, Rodgers tells everyone to relax (probably his hint to McCarthy to get out of his way), Rodgers goes all Rodgers, Green Bay finishes 6 - 2,  win the NFC North, win the 1st round playoff game at home, get smoked in the 2nd round  or in the NFC title game because they don't have home field advantage. Why not skip all that noise and let Rodgers be Rodgers and win 12 or 13 games and worry about the running game when you need it?

Packers might want to invest in their defense next draft.
Their first four picks in this year's draft were defense.  4 of the first 5 in 2016 were defense.  3 of the first 4 in 2015 were defense. 

It's not a problem of not being willing to draft defense, it's either terrible drafting or an inability to coach and scheme defensively.  

Are the Packers going to do the same dance this year?

Try to establish the run and play defense to start the year , go 4 - 4, Rodgers tells everyone to relax (probably his hint to McCarthy to get out of his way), Rodgers goes all Rodgers, Green Bay finishes 6 - 2,  win the NFC North, win the 1st round playoff game at home, get smoked in the 2nd round  or in the NFC title game because they don't have home field advantage. Why not skip all that noise and let Rodgers be Rodgers and win 12 or 13 games and worry about the running game when you need it?
its the same thing every season. Same defensive ineptitudes. Teams pass all over us. The CBs look better this year than years past. I think its easy to run on us without Daniels and that is opening up the passing game

Daniels out hurts more than our two Tackles out, and that hurts a LOT.

Need to keep a RB in to chip Clay Matthews

My earlier comment was geared more towards getting taller faster secondary guys

its the same thing every season. Same defensive ineptitudes. Teams pass all over us. The CBs look better this year than years past. I think its easy to run on us without Daniels and that is opening up the passing game

Daniels out hurts more than our two Tackles out, and that hurts a LOT.
Capers is a hellofa coach.

Bennett just awful in that first half.  Dropping passes, taking penalties.   Just sucking all around. 

Edit:  He gets a pass on the pick.  Terrible call.  

Capers is a hellofa coach.
Yeah idk... I'm guessing this is sarcasm. I haven't seen anyone explain why we have a system with Capers that relies on veteran experience, but we historically have a lot of turnover on offense with young, inexperienced guys. Or our experienced guys are just bad (Randall).

Capers is a pretty good defensive minded coach. If he were fired from GB I would think he'd have his choice of jobs. I'm not sure I really know what the problem is aside from blowing defensive draft picks several years in a row and now we are reaping what we sowed. Depth on defense is and always has been our issue.

Here's hoping to a better second half

Good call. I thought maybe it came forward a few inches, but seeing what I want to see most likely.

Packers couldn't overcome so many injuries... onto week 3. Lets just get through this game without any more serious injuries

Users who are viewing this thread