What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

0-2 support group. Let's talk each other off the ledge! (1 Viewer)

rickyg

Footballguy
Crappy football.  Injuries to key players.  Poor lineup decisions.  Poor waiver/fa moves.  Facing kareem hunt or Brady in the first 2 weeks.  

For whatever reason (or for all of the reasons above), our teams are cellar dwellers after 2 weeks of the season.  

We worked so hard.  We spent hours and hours for months on end  mock drafting, analyzing players, teams, situations, opportunities, etc. 

what went wrong?  Well, the goodness is that it's an long season, and 0-2 isn't a death sentence.  I have personally started 0-2 many times before and rallied to make serious noise in the playoffs. 

It takes patience, focus, and decisiveness. It takes working the waiver wire like a bandito every week. Anticipating the next hot pickup before he pops.  Streaming defenses, and even streaming qbs and tight ends according to matchups if you must in order to maximize your weekly output.  

But it can be done!  

So go ahead and post your 0-2 teams here and let's see if group think can help us all out of this rut!

a few things: 

- if you have Russell Wilson or jimmy graham, it might be time to start streaking qbs and tight ends while they ride the pine until they get their ##### together in Seattle.  

- the same goes for kirk cousins, dalton, eifert, mixon.  They should be on your bench until they prove otherwise. 

- Trevor semian and Carson wentz are must adds if available.  I am personally targeting semian on waivers to stream over Wilson until he gets back on track. 

- this is not the time to be making any drastic moves like dropping a stud player BC he has underperformed. It may be time to bench them until further notice but not to drop them and not to trade them for peanuts.  

A few more thoughts:

- Christian mccaffery might be held back by his coaches all year barring a Stewart injury. He was drafted too high.  

- blount seems worthless now. Smallwood or corey clement might be good Pre-emptive pickups.  

- we are not far from the trubisky era in chicago.  That means new qb who has new favorite targets.  Tanner gentry seemed to gel with trubisky in the preseason.  Might be a good stash. 

- the jags defense is good but not good enough to overcome Blake bortles'ineptitude and being on the field for 75% of the game.  

- Dede Westbrook might be a breakout star in the 2nd half of the season.  

12 team dynasty PPR start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2Flex DST K

Lost championship game last year (week 17 game so I had about 5 normal starters out) On paper the favorite this year

Luck at QB so have Palmer going right now

Bell at RB1...figured mixon would be my rb2 this year but now after picking up cohen and Carson before the season started I will be playing one of them (started cohen this week) 

Super stacked at WR with Odell, Evans, Green, Keenan, tyrell Williams, cooper Kupp as main options for starters and then donte monecrief, taywan Taylor, Paul Richardson and chad Williams on the bench.

Thought I would have a decent stable of tes with graham, brate and CJF. If CJF wouldn't have gotten hurt I wouldn't feel as bad, he had a great floor.

probably picking up Ben Watson, Kittle or Rashard Higgins with waivers this week. Also planning on talking to a team that should be rebuilding abt getting delanie walker

Both my teams are 2 - 0!   I usually target players who will score points even if #### goes wrong!  For example, Big Ben is my qb.  He hasn't played that great, but he is a lock to score points because of the talent on the roster. I also drafted a fukton of other good players at every position.  

Next week when this becomes the 0 - 3 support group, I will update you all on my two 3 - 0 teams!  

rickyg said:
A few more thoughts:

- Christian mccaffery might be held back by his coaches all year barring a Stewart injury. He was drafted too high.  

- blount seems worthless now. Smallwood or corey clement might be good Pre-emptive pickups.  

- we are not far from the trubisky era in chicago.  That means new qb who has new favorite targets.  Tanner gentry seemed to gel with trubisky in the preseason.  Might be a good stash. 

- the jags defense is good but not good enough to overcome Blake bortles' ineptitude and being on the field for 75% of the game.  

- Dede Westbrook might be a breakout star in the 2nd half of the season.  
I like that you started this thread and I'm on board with much of the advice in your first post ... but unfortunately, sitting at 0-2 isn't the time to be focused on pre-emptive pickups or guys who can make a 2nd-half impact. You need to have a single-minded focus on winning next week's game, because in many leagues (especially those with just 4 playoff spots), 0-3 is pretty close to a death sentence.

I'm looking at some guys who should be available on most WWs or for next to nothing in trades and have soft Week 3 matchups. If you're gonna dump some disappointing names, I'd argue you should go after these guys right now, and worry about 2nd-half stashes in a week or two if you've righted the ship.

QB: D. Watson (@ NE) - the Pats defense has looked suspect thus far and the Texans should be playing from behind; Cam Newton (v. NO) - it's worth seeing if his owner might sell low after two bad games ahead of this matchup. Obviously if Wentz is out there, go get him instead as he should be a fine season-long play. 

RB: D. Sproles (v. NYG) - Blount is useless and Sproles will see the majority of snaps as long as he's healthy; G. Bernard (@ GB) - impossible to say how this backfield shakes out, but Gio was the lone bright spot on TNF and the Pack are giving up 5.1 YPC.

WR: R. Louis (@ IND) - Coleman is out, Britt is finished, and the Colts are terrible; D. Funchess / R. Shepard (v. NO) - lots of targets to be spoken for with Olsen out, and it's the Saints.

TE: J. James (@ CHI) - He's gotten both looks and production on a high-octane offense, and the Bears are atrocious.

And it probably doesn't need to be said, but at 0-2 this is the week to empty the cookie jar for leagues that use FAAB. If your league happens to be one where someone like Chris Carson or J.J. Nelson fell through the cracks, no point in saving for a rainy day - this is the rainy day.

I went from being the projected weekly points winner and celebrating Brady to Hogan TDs to losing my heads up match, losing Greg Olsen, watching Crabtree steal 3 TDs from Cooper, and watching Zeke play his worst ball of his career. Rough weekend, now I'm 0-2 and need a couple days to recoup.

My 0-2 team stems around lousy TE production from Eifert and my opponents TE going off in Witten and in another league Hooper with big production in week 1 while I am getting a zero out of Hunter Henry. So I drop Henry and he has a nice week 2

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time I've been 0-2 since 2009. My core lineup of Brees/Zeke/starting Tampa RB/Julio/Evans/Fitz/Reed/Bailey/Baltimore sure looks good in a 12 team league, but I've played the top scorer each week and I'm just not getting the bounces. I'll finish this week as the #3 scorer in the league with a 19-3 record in all play. Unfortunately, we don't count total points or all play. At this point, I'm just going to stay the course and hope my luck turns. 

drafted DJ, so working hard on the rebuild...

2Qb league, drafted luck in which I thought was a real steal.. might need to dump him, I don't know if I can keep him much longer,

picked up Bradford this week, the last minute inactive forced me to pickup Keenum.. just killed me

Dalton was supposed to be my insurance for Luck I dumped him for Bradford...

on a positive note, I picked up Carson, who looks like he could help me turn it around with the loss of DJ, I have Dhenry in the bullpen, benched this week after I started him in week1,  now I think he might be ready to go, I think he might be emerging as the guy now, I hope anyway..

my wr core is led by Aj green, I am hoping the firing of the OC will lead to good things for AJ, Cooper is looking shaky, but Parker and MBryant look good...

I drafted DCook, and I had high hopes this week, but Bradford trickled down to the Bad O everywhere...

This is gonna be a grind it out season, but I may have a ray of light with Casrson, Parker and DHenry..

but do I dump Luck?

drafted DJ, so working hard on the rebuild...

2Qb league, drafted luck in which I thought was a real steal.. might need to dump him, I don't know if I can keep him much longer,

picked up Bradford this week, the last minute inactive forced me to pickup Keenum.. just killed me

Dalton was supposed to be my insurance for Luck I dumped him for Bradford...

on a positive note, I picked up Carson, who looks like he could help me turn it around with the loss of DJ, I have Dhenry in the bullpen, benched this week after I started him in week1,  now I think he might be ready to go, I think he might be emerging as the guy now, I hope anyway..

my wr core is led by Aj green, I am hoping the firing of the OC will lead to good things for AJ, Cooper is looking shaky, but Parker and MBryant look good...

I drafted DCook, and I had high hopes this week, but Bradford trickled down to the Bad O everywhere...

This is gonna be a grind it out season, but I may have a ray of light with Casrson, Parker and DHenry..

but do I dump Luck?
What qbs are o your wire?

simien, Dalton and well you know the rest, kiser, mccown, hoyer

I don't know if I can survive 4-5 weeks with Luck not playing.. losing Bradford and not being able to sub in an able body well.. ouch

0-2. Lost to the highest points both weeks (tonights game not included in totals).

I'm 3rd in total points scored, so I'm not worried...yet.

Two leagues, lol rookie.
At one point I was in 5.  The conflicts of interest became so incredibly frustrating that I was either going to just quit fantasy football altogether, or reduce the number of teams   Seemed like every week I was rooting for and against the same players. I'm way too close emotionally to deal with that.  lol

so i dropped down to two - it's much  healthier mentally. 

0-2 with 1 team but there is hope as I have 3 Victory points(this league is wise enough to use Victory points) and I am 4th of 12 teams in the power rankings

I went from being the projected weekly points winner and celebrating Brady to Hogan TDs to losing my heads up match, losing Greg Olsen, watching Crabtree steal 3 TDs from Cooper, and watching Zeke play his worst ball of his career. Rough weekend, now I'm 0-2 and need a couple days to recoup.
Haha, how did he steal 3 TDs from Cooper? At this point if Cooper gets any redzone targets he's stealing them from Crabtree. I think Cooper dropped 2 redzone targets in week 1. I guess Derek Carr learned his lesson. 

That being said, my only 0-2 team has Cooper as my WR3. I didn't really want him, but it was auction and he was shockingly cheap.

0-2 in 2 leagues bc of WILSON...So much for him being a top 5 QB this year. he did start slow last year too,so all hope not lost.But that o-line is something to worry abt. Hopefully the running game with Carson can open up the passing game.

FML lost Corey coleman and A. ROb

Eifert and West got hurt last game and have underperformed.

My team is a disaster right now

lost DJ week 1 and Olsen week 2. throw in Cam, Doug Baldwin and Demarco Murray, and it's looking like the season is a wrap for me. good luck to all...avenge me!!!

0-2 but I have Zeke and Derrick Henry, so I still have hope!

Trying to get Buck Allen and Chris Carson this week to shore up RB depth.

Users who are viewing this thread