What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 3 (1 Viewer)

At first glance, it looks like an odd week, and maybe one to target a lot of 7K players?

I think the QBs to target might be the guys from the Atl/Det and Oak/Wash games.  Both home QBs are currently underdogs. 

For the Rbs it looks like the guys at the top are away, or at home vs a decent D.  Still thinking Bell, Ajayi and Hunt could be looked at.   Interesting cheap guys going against trash Ds in McCaffrey and Crowell (for gpps)

I will probably start with a core of:

Newton vs NO

Hunt vs LAC

Benjamin vs NO
I understand the reasoning for going with Cam, and New Orleans could certainly be a "get right" game, but his accuracy issues through 2 weeks combined with a potentially nagging ankle make him hard to trust as a core component this week.

I understand the reasoning for going with Cam, and New Orleans could certainly be a "get right" game, but his accuracy issues through 2 weeks combined with a potentially nagging ankle make him hard to trust as a core component this week.
Agreed. He's never been accurate either so it's not like the last 2 games have been blips. 

Agreed. He's never been accurate either so it's not like the last 2 games have been blips. 
What scares me is I think Carolina is "all in" with a "Cam should run less" mentality to protect their asset....only he's not very good as a pocket passer.  And now Olsen is out.  Funchess is trash.  KB is a jump ball receiver.  I'm avoiding all Panthers except their kicker and defense until they turn in a good game.  You would think it would be against NO but that's a division matchup so no thanks.

At first glance, it looks like an odd week, and maybe one to target a lot of 7K players?

I think the QBs to target might be the guys from the Atl/Det and Oak/Wash games.  Both home QBs are currently underdogs. 

For the Rbs it looks like the guys at the top are away, or at home vs a decent D.  Still thinking Bell, Ajayi and Hunt could be looked at.   Interesting cheap guys going against trash Ds in McCaffrey and Crowell (for gpps)
Agree on those two games...but I'm afraid of Cousins / Redskins offense....feels like a crapshoot whenever I play any Redskins.

Did an initial pass over, and it's interesting.  I was looking at usage, defensive pts allowed, and who's in the top 10 at positions. 

QB: 

There were 2 Qbs who are in the top 10 for the first two weeks facing a D who is allowing top 10 FD points to QBs - Wentz and A.Smith.  Wentz is at home and has top 3 passing attempts for the season so far.  2 others that showed up for having high attempts vs. a D that is giving up points were Dak and Rivers

RB:

There are 2 RBs in the top 10 vs. a top 10 def for pts allowed to RBs on the year:  Hyde and Gordon.  Due to his carries last week, I would put Ajayi in there too.   Hyde and Gordon are Home this week.   Couple others who have high touches/game going against bad Ds are Mongomery and Stewart.  Both of them are at home too.

WR

Top 10 WRs going against bottom 10 Ds are:  Diggs, K.Allen, and Hopkins.   Others that average more than 7 targets a game going against bottom Ds are:  Dez, Thielen, T.Hill, and Beasley

TE:

Players that showed up here were Ertz and Doyle. 

I think you could do a solid cash game core with something like Wentz, Ajayi, Montgomery, K.Allen, Hill, Ertz. 

What scares me is I think Carolina is "all in" with a "Cam should run less" mentality to protect their asset....only he's not very good as a pocket passer.  And now Olsen is out.  Funchess is trash.  KB is a jump ball receiver.  I'm avoiding all Panthers except their kicker and defense until they turn in a good game.  You would think it would be against NO but that's a division matchup so no thanks.
Yeah, if he isn't running, I don't think Cam is a dfs play at all. 

NO defense is terrible all around.  What about something like McCaffrey/Car D in a gpp?

Agree on those two games...but I'm afraid of Cousins / Redskins offense....feels like a crapshoot whenever I play any Redskins.
I think the other game to look at is KC/SD. I was surprised to see KC on the lists of points allowed to positions this season.   Chargers are giving up the 5th most points to QBs this season, and KC are 6th on the list. 

Don't really need to trust Cousins.  You could do something like Carr-Cooper and run it back with Pryor or C.Thompson in a gpp. 

I think the other game to look at is KC/SD. I was surprised to see KC on the lists of points allowed to positions this season.   Chargers are giving up the 5th most points to QBs this season, and KC are 6th on the list. 

Don't really need to trust Cousins.  You could do something like Carr-Cooper and run it back with Pryor or C.Thompson in a gpp. 
KC is interesting....I think I"m going to maintain a lot of Kelce and Hunt exposure until they fall down....though Chargers at home is hot sauce with Engram / Bosa so I'm not sure I'll do much Alex / Tyreek.

I wasn't aware that Eifert is dealing with injuries.

GB/CIN difficult to gauge with so many injuries (packers tackles, nelson, cobb?, eifert) AND the new coordinator for the Bungles.

Brady hosting Houston is also juicy (cornerback, TE injuries) but Gronk's groin and Amendola's knee and concussion up in the air.

Vegas has Pittsburg, Atlanta, Green Bay, Oakland, Carolina and NE scoring about 4 TDs.  Ben is on the road at boggy Soldier field but his defense should feast.  I wonder if Bell can finally produce at Soldier field?  Mike Glennon may provide some short fields to the Steelers.

I think Matt Ryan may be the chalk QB unless GB and NEP injuries get simplified.  I hear Hightower may be back.  That would make life tougher for DeShaun Watson.

Oakland and Carolina MAY do well or they MAY disappoint (vs WAS and NO respectively).

I don't particularly care for the week 3 schedule :D

I wasn't aware that Eifert is dealing with injuries.

GB/CIN difficult to gauge with so many injuries (packers tackles, nelson, cobb?, eifert) AND the new coordinator for the Bungles.

Brady hosting Houston is also juicy (cornerback, TE injuries) but Gronk's groin and Amendola's knee and concussion up in the air.

Vegas has Pittsburg, Atlanta, Green Bay, Oakland, Carolina and NE scoring about 4 TDs.  Ben is on the road at boggy Soldier field but his defense should feast.  I wonder if Bell can finally produce at Soldier field?  Mike Glennon may provide some short fields to the Steelers.

I think Matt Ryan may be the chalk QB unless GB and NEP injuries get simplified.  I hear Hightower may be back.  That would make life tougher for DeShaun Watson.

Oakland and Carolina MAY do well or they MAY disappoint (vs WAS and NO respectively).

I don't particularly care for the week 3 schedule :D
I can't remember ever seeing AJ Green's salary so low.  Might be an interesting gpp play. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is more of a week 2.5 post,  my Gpp lineup for mon-thurs games. I'm leaning obj doesn't play, because I think a lot of people may fire him up because of optimism and his past prime time production. Out, on a snap count, or doesn't get through the game. 

stafford

gurley

hyde

Tate

Kupp

golladay

Higbee

gould

rams

edit:swapped out kittle for higbee.

dont love having Kenny g and Kupp both, but it's Gpp so taking a shot. Forced in kittle and Kupp to fit gurley/Hyde. Feel like the volume they get vs riddick or Abdullah make them almost must plays. I don't think the giants looked very good on offense vs a Dallas d that isn't all that great either, and the lions defense looked much better than expected, so no gmen for me.

vegas has LAR-3 o/u 42 implying 22.5 - 19.5.  I have it 24-13 SFO.  Carlos Hyde just went OFF on Seattle for 120+ yards while the Redskins put up over 220 yards rushing against the Rams.  Gurley looks better, but Goff continues to look Green and I think SFO is about to beat down the Rams....they have the defense to contain Gurley which translates to a long day for Goff.

Cobb is day to day with a shoulder sprain, Bulaga will probably be back, but Bakhtiari will not know until later this week if he can go in Week 3.  All in all not bad news coming out of Green Bay...waiting for more info on Jordy Nelson.

Another stud being wasted. I like Deshaun, but he's not an NFL QB yet. While I'm down on NE's talent on defense, they can scheme and disguise very well. I have to think they befuddle the rookie, no?
I would hope so.  Nobody else on the team and is leading the league in targets.  Not saying to fire up a Watson-Hopkins stack, but  a Brady stack with Hopkins as well might not be a bad idea. 

I would hope so.  Nobody else on the team and is leading the league in targets.  Not saying to fire up a Watson-Hopkins stack, but  a Brady stack with Hopkins as well might not be a bad idea. 
Except that Lamar Miller shouldn't even have a job, so BB will scheme to take Hopkins away.  Expect 4/42/0.

So IF Gilleslee inherited the Blount role, this is another week for him, right?  It was basically a given to start Blount any time NE was a huge home favorite. 

AJ Green - Historically cheap this week. Lock it up.

Hunt - Still too cheap

Doyle - Getting targets in a prime te matchup.

Hunt - Still too cheap

I have been deciding between Doyle and going back to Clay. 

KC without Berry gave up a big game to Ertz, and now that they don't have to give Gates the record, it looks like Henry came alive a bit last week. 

Hunt - Still too cheap

And he has been uncharacteristically vocal about his frustration with the offense...New OC in Cincy...I think they will feed him early and often this week.

Unfortunately, as a whole, I am just not feeling it this week.  Hard to get a read.  Can I really be looking towards Cutler?  K. Benjamin looks tempting.  Crowell looks tempting.  One of the defenses heading to London (Bal or Jax)?  I don't know; the week just feels weird to me.   Guys I keep looking at are guys I just don't trust.  I will probably scale back my play this week.

And he has been uncharacteristically vocal about his frustration with the offense...New OC in Cincy...I think they will feed him early and often this week.

Unfortunately, as a whole, I am just not feeling it this week.  Hard to get a read.  Can I really be looking towards Cutler?  K. Benjamin looks tempting.  Crowell looks tempting.  One of the defenses heading to London (Bal or Jax)?  I don't know; the week just feels weird to me.   Guys I keep looking at are guys I just don't trust.  I will probably scale back my play this week.
K. Benjamin does look good, but there is something that is off about cam this year.  Maybe he just hasn't healed up the way he should have with that offseason surgery.

Here is what I cobbled together as a first run cash lineup, but the IVC is not a fan of it...

Cutler - Hunt/Montgomery - Green/Benjamin/Landry - Ertz - Succop - Denver

Probably won't stick for me...don't think I want the Cutler-Landry stack going in a cash game.  I guess the Bal-Jax game is not part of the main slate.

A lot of love for Kizer in the IVC, I know it is Indy, but that is a big leap of faith for a guy that just turned the ball over 5 times in 2 games.
The funny thing is just about every time I autofill a few spots, it spits out Kizer and Indy D. 

My first try at a cash LU for the week:

Wentz - Bell/Gordon - Landry/D.Thomas/Crabtree - Cook - Santos - Carolina

another one with a similar look:

Cousins - Bell/Hunt - Allen/Landry/Sanu - Ertz - Gostkow - Tenn.

Will have to stare at this more.  Hard not having Ajayi in there too somewhere. 

First crack at cash:

Matt Ryan

McCaffrey, Bell

Baldwin, Diggs, AJ Green, 

Cook

Gano

Eagles

uncomfortable with Green, Ryan and the Eagles right now so some tinkering to do.  Ryan because he's away, Green because of how awful the Bengals have been maybe he's more gpp, and the Eagles just because the Giants are due for something good to happen this year right?  

Since it said it was free this week, I will comment.  The ownership % predicts Cam as the most popular Qb.  I will definitely pass on that.  

I think Ryan or Brady at 1/2 that sounds better.  Also, Cutler is a lot lower than I thought, but that could be because so many will be on Ajayi. 

Interesting to look at.  For sure there were a couple wrong last week, but I was surprised how close this was overall.  

Already paid for itself when 15 or 16 of my 18 cash lineups it built hit last week
I get why people don't want to pay for stuff like that, but it is by far the most cost effective pay info for dfs that I have seen.  Most sites are $30-$40/month or a few hundred for a season. 

I get why people don't want to pay for stuff like that, but it is by far the most cost effective pay info for dfs that I have seen.  Most sites are $30-$40/month or a few hundred for a season. 
I'm a loyal subscriber, I'm just not that into DFS where I want to pay ANY site for their DFS content.  

If I were, I think I would probably be paying rotogrinders.  Not a knock on this site, just my $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread