KarmaPolice

Fanduel Week 3

249 posts in this topic

Ended up with almost 2xing on the week, which I will gladly take on a week with this many landmines.   Starting to think there isn't a good answer as to what to target between 50/50s and H2Hs.  I would have cashed all if I just did 50/50s I think, but lost more than 1/2 my H2Hs (after leading all of them but one going into the SNF game), because I just happen to pick 10-12 opponents that had Cousins at QB.

Gpps I fared a bit better.  Had a $1 entry go for $25, got $3 from the free play, and cashed a couple more.  My Thurs-Mon $1 is sitting at $15 too. 

Good gpp ideas I had:  Brady, Cooks, Thomas, and going over the field and having about 50% AJGreen

Bad ideas I had:  a lot, but mostly the rbs like Crowell and Gilleslee I was heavy on and they sunk my LUs.  Kelce I way over on too, and I guess that KC/SD in general as the SD side mostly sucked.    I was not on that Indy or Minn game at all. 

1 person likes this

I managed to min-cash several GPPs to help ease the loss in cash. But I had so little action that none of it really mattered much. Lost about $15.00. I never felt comfortable about anything this week. 

My 114 score cashed easily.  My 95 score missed by an average of 4 points.  Thats sucks as I had Stafford and the TD at the end of the game would have put me in the green but they said he was down....

I wagered $238 this weekend and ended up only getting $216 back.  Could have been a much worse weekend.

My duds were Stafford, Doyle, K Benj, Higgins, and Ty mont.  They were not even close to returning value.  

I also will not roster another Carolina player, that team is horrible.

5 minutes ago, wyattroa said:

My 114 score cashed easily.  My 95 score missed by an average of 4 points.  Thats sucks as I had Stafford and the TD at the end of the game would have put me in the green but they said he was down....

I wagered $238 this weekend and ended up only getting $216 back.  Could have been a much worse weekend.

My duds were Stafford, Doyle, K Benj, Higgins, and Ty mont.  They were not even close to returning value.  

I also will not roster another Carolina player, that team is horrible.

That McCaffrey kid is kinda good. 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:30 AM, BroncosFan07 said:

GPPs

1.  Stafford, Hunt, Anderson, Allen, Cooks, Marvin Jones, Ertz, Santos, Broncos

2. Brady, Gordon, Montgomery, Cooks, AJ Green, Higgins, Ertz, Santos, Eagles

3. Wentz, Hunt, Montgomery, Cooper, Allen, AJ Green, Doyle, Hopkins, Eagles

4.  Ryan, Gordon, Riddick, Julio, Cooks, AJ Green, Z. Miller, Santos, Eagles

1. 112 points.  Cashed $1.50 in large GPP.  Missed cashing in Sunday Millions by 0.02.  Literally that last pass for 25-30 yards by Carr cost me $10. 

2.  135 points.  Only entered into Sunday Millions.  Cashed $15.  Was looking awesome until Gordon, Montgomery, and Santos did basically nothing for their last 2 or 3 quarters.

3.  92 points.  Lost the $1 200k sun NFL drive.

4.  112 points.  Won $1.50 in the 200k sun NFL Drive.

Overall Conclusion:

These 4 lineups were the 4 that I picked as my best before I entered them.  I did numerous pivots from these cores.  Overall in GPP I was $22 in and $26 out.  $15 of my winnings came from the Sunday Millions which I had a free entry from winning a $1 satellite the week before.  Total Entry fees would have been $34 in and $26 out.  I don't think I have the bankroll or the time to study the matchups enough to continue playing many GPPs.  The value of these GPPs is skewed drastically by the top 5-10 payouts and the amount of luck and research needed to invest in these isn't worth it.  Going forward, I'll enter in 2-4 GPPs for fun and spend most of my time in cash games. 

My cash games this week were $27 in and $39.90 out.  I won 12 out of my 13 double ups using 8 lineups.  I won 2 of my 5 five-player so I nearly doubled my money here.  Surprisingly my 3 player tourneys didn't do so well.  Only won 1 out of 6 three-player matches. 

Good week overall.  $49 in and $65.90 out.  I was bailed out by the zero entrée fee $15 Sunday Millions win though.  I'm going to be going 95% cash and 5% going forward.  Typically was closer to 50-50% most weeks.  I can't bail on GPPS all together though.  The entertainment value they bring outweigh the losses!

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, BroncosFan07 said:

1. 112 points.  Cashed $1.50 in large GPP.  Missed cashing in Sunday Millions by 0.02.  Literally that last pass for 25-30 yards by Carr cost me $10. 

2.  135 points.  Only entered into Sunday Millions.  Cashed $15.  Was looking awesome until Gordon, Montgomery, and Santos did basically nothing for their last 2 or 3 quarters.

3.  92 points.  Lost the $1 200k sun NFL drive.

4.  112 points.  Won $1.50 in the 200k sun NFL Drive.

Overall Conclusion:

These 4 lineups were the 4 that I picked as my best before I entered them.  I did numerous pivots from these cores.  Overall in GPP I was $22 in and $26 out.  $15 of my winnings came from the Sunday Millions which I had a free entry from winning a $1 satellite the week before.  Total Entry fees would have been $34 in and $26 out.  I don't think I have the bankroll or the time to study the matchups enough to continue playing many GPPs.  The value of these GPPs is skewed drastically by the top 5-10 payouts and the amount of luck and research needed to invest in these isn't worth it.  Going forward, I'll enter in 2-4 GPPs for fun and spend most of my time in cash games. 

My cash games this week were $27 in and $39.90 out.  I won 12 out of my 13 double ups using 8 lineups.  I won 2 of my 5 five-player so I nearly doubled my money here.  Surprisingly my 3 player tourneys didn't do so well.  Only won 1 out of 6 three-player matches. 

Good week overall.  $49 in and $65.90 out.  I was bailed out by the zero entrée fee $15 Sunday Millions win though.  I'm going to be going 95% cash and 5% going forward.  Typically was closer to 50-50% most weeks.  I can't bail on GPPS all together though.  The entertainment value they bring outweigh the losses!

@BroncosFan07 -

I wouldn't be discouraged too much.  Your LUs were fine, they were just chalkier on a week were the chalk didn't hit a ton.  Most articles I read suggest doing something more like 80%-20% for cash-gpps each week at the most.  Mostly like you said it's only the top 17-20% that get paid.  Of course the point to try is you could hit one decent LU that pays for the entries and then some. 

The more I listen to podcasts and read stuff, the more it's apparent to me that ownership % is so huge in gpps.  Seems most of what they talk about is if player X is 20% owned do you want to be 40% in on him, or more on the lines of fading him - ie AJ Green this week. 

33 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

@BroncosFan07 -

I wouldn't be discouraged too much.  Your LUs were fine, they were just chalkier on a week were the chalk didn't hit a ton.  Most articles I read suggest doing something more like 80%-20% for cash-gpps each week at the most.  Mostly like you said it's only the top 17-20% that get paid.  Of course the point to try is you could hit one decent LU that pays for the entries and then some. 

The more I listen to podcasts and read stuff, the more it's apparent to me that ownership % is so huge in gpps.  Seems most of what they talk about is if player X is 20% owned do you want to be 40% in on him, or more on the lines of fading him - ie AJ Green this week. 

Maybe I'm playing the wrong GPPs?  Which are the best?  Most of my lineups are entered into the $1 200K Sun NFL Dive.  Should I be playing more 500-1000 man GPPs? 

Look at the breakdown of the prize structure for this event and how low the payout is for the odds!!  For my $1 to with $40, it would have to place in the top 99.88%.  To win $15, it has to be in the top 99.57%!!   I would feel awesome about a lineup that was in the top 99.57% however I wouldn't feel awesome about only winning $15.   I can throw a few lineups and $30-$50 at double ups and have a better shot of profiting $15. 

Disclaimer:  I'm not complaining about my week.  I came out ahead in GPP and Cash so I'm very pleased.....just trying to analyze my tourney selection to see if I'm one of 100,000 people who are throwing my $20 in each week so that 1 person can win 5k and a few others can win $500-2500. 

16 hours ago, chet said:

Yes, although I will say that I pay much more attention to the Yahoo contests than FD.  On FD, I play my private tourney, the million $ GPP and a couple of others.  I think there are more overlay opportunities on Yahoo.

I also pay much more attention to the Yahoo contests, and also do so because of the overlay.  I don't play cash on FD at all, just a few tournaments each week, like you.  But then I'll usually have $200-$500 in play each week on Yahoo. 

If you start a "Yahoo Week 4" thread, I'll participate.  lol

Wow... Doyle/CJ Anderson/Crabtree/Kelce/Montgomery really killed this week for me, had at least one of those in almost all my contests.

In 1 of my GPP I had high 90's points with Carr/Crabtree/Cooper stack to go and that was like the best hour I've had in  awhile waiting for that  game to start.  I thought it was going to be a big $ win for me.  Then near the end of the 1st quarter I could already see defeat in their eyes, knew I was done for.