What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 3 (2 Viewers)

I wish they had a subscriber forum and a nonsubscriber forum. 
I think the line is so blurry that it doesn't matter much.  There is so much info out there that is free - you can get targets, %, DVOA by team and position, etc.. for free on sites.  I listen to 4-5 different podcasts that talk about each game and plays and talk about a lot of those #s too. I don't think it's an issue talking about any of that in here.  I think where is maybe might cross the line for the people up top is if we are talking specific ownership projections from the article, what Dodds' game predictor says, etc..   that would be specific to the paid content on the site. 

Thu-mon $1 gpp

Stafford  Hyde Bell Dez Crabtree Pryor Ebron Bailey 49ers

Really like Hyde this week and 49ers D should be good for 8-10 pts. Bell is cheap and could be low owned due to struggling so far- same with Dez and Pryor. 

Thu-mon $1 gpp

Really like Hyde this week and 49ers D should be good for 8-10 pts. Bell is cheap and could be low owned due to struggling so far- same with Dez and Pryor. 
Similar thoughts on mine, but wanted to go cheap/low % play at qb and stack the rest (kind of?) Some low cost options playing bad teams this week with the cle-indy and sf-Rams games, so I was looking at one of those qbs. Seems like there is some Keizer action, so I went

goff

Hyde

bell

ab

dez

Adams 

hooper

koo

Cle

kind of random in the sense that I didn't pay attention to point totals. I may tweak this as I usually stack for Gpp but I guess I'm hoping for goff to outplay his price rather than have a monster game. Detroit has had issues covering tes in the past, and let Gresham do work week 1. If Davis is out, hooper could have a solid game. Doubt koo has a lot of exposure. Next up is my home underdog team, sure to feature Detroit, chargers, and maybe a little washington and Indy mixed in. 

Thu-mon $1 gpp

Good luck!

I guess all of us like Hyde this week.  I might change it, but this is what I had for the Thurs-Mon SE.  Basically just wanted to Hyde and Balt D in there:

Cousins - Hyde/Bell - Pryor/Crabtree/Cooks - Doyle - Succop - Balt. 

Now that 3 of us have Bell in there, it is starting to make me wonder about using him, but I think that Cooks will be more than low enough owned to not matter. 

Usually fade the Thu guys since they tend to get over used but really think Hyde can finish top 3 this week and love his price.

I've decided to do more $1 and $.25 gpps rather than paying up to $2 and maybe a more all or nothing cash approach with a couple $5 or maybe one $10. I think there are a lot of options out there this week that are cheap and could be a factor. I put in a lineup that I thought could be decent and had $3700 left over? 

stafford

hyde

allen

allen

tate

kenny g

henry

tucker

bal

i could pivot any player to the most expensive guy, so I'm scratching my head. Detroits defense has played well but hasn't faced a team like Atlanta, that game should provide decent scoring from both teams. I wanted the Allen/bal stack, I think he might start getting more work, and he was the guy getting noticed this offseason. Maybe I'll pivot off of Hyde, I seem to have some exposure there and Donald is back so the Rams run defense may not be as bad. As I'm writing this @Raging weasel talks up Hyde.....

Hyde/bell ending up in a ton of lineups here it seems. Makes a lot of sense, but seems like they might be high % guys. 

I've decided to do more $1 and $.25 gpps rather than paying up to $2 and maybe a more all or nothing cash approach with a couple $5 or maybe one $10. I think there are a lot of options out there this week that are cheap and could be a factor. I put in a lineup that I thought could be decent and had $3700 left over? 

stafford

hyde

allen

allen

tate

kenny g

henry

tucker

bal

i could pivot any player to the most expensive guy, so I'm scratching my head. Detroits defense has played well but hasn't faced a team like Atlanta, that game should provide decent scoring from both teams. I wanted the Allen/bal stack, I think he might start getting more work, and he was the guy getting noticed this offseason. Maybe I'll pivot off of Hyde, I seem to have some exposure there and Donald is back so the Rams run defense may not be as bad. As I'm writing this @Raging weasel talks up Hyde.....
Me talking up Hyde may be a good reason to fade him LOL. 

If you pivot off someone I would move off Tate, he doesn't get red zone looks and needs a high YAC to put up yards.

Me talking up Hyde may be a good reason to fade him LOL. 

If you pivot off someone I would move off Tate, he doesn't get red zone looks and needs a high YAC to put up yards.
I'll be researching how Trufant has been used, and I'm admittedly probably taking a bit of a homer stance, but My thoughts there were

1. He (and all lions pass catchers) had little opportunity this past week and will drive ownership down

2. Will be in likely a high (or at least in the 20s) scoring affair

3. Is capable of a high catch 100 yd game and could find the end zone although admittedly isn't really a red zone threat historically.   That is still kind of shaking out though- he could get more rz looks this year from the slot. I think Stafford will have to throw 35 times this week, so somewhere in that offense there will be some value. A low % lions super stack with an Allen/bal/tucker kicker. Allen/Henry vs a chiefs team that is scoring points but giving up yds. And Hyde. And $3700 left over to second guess all of this. I suppose I'll get off Allen if west is practicing, but if not I think Allen will be the guy. This is very contrarian, but for .25 i may take the chance. 

Need to find it again, but I think a podcast I was listening to this morning said that Norman hasn't been shadowing people this year, and has just stayed on his side, which is more Crabtree's side.  (although Crabtree can still get his because he goes into the slot a fair % too).  Is this the week to flip back to Cooper if you are deciding between the two?

Need to find it again, but I think a podcast I was listening to this morning said that Norman hasn't been shadowing people this year, and has just stayed on his side, which is more Crabtree's side.  (although Crabtree can still get his because he goes into the slot a fair % too).  Is this the week to flip back to Cooper if you are deciding between the two?
Was thinking of going to Cooper after we all had Hyde,Bell and Crabtree.

What type of D does Wash play? Last year I was successful with Oak WRs by using Cooper vs zone and Crabtree vs man.

What are your thoughts on this in a GPP?

Brissett

Le'Veon

Ty Montgomery

Rashard Higgins

Julio

A.J. Green

Doyle

Prater

Steelers

Got the super stack in the IND/CLE game, Green and Le'Veon due for a bounce-back, Julio and Prater in a high O/U game, Ty with his large # of touches and Pittsburgh against an offense that allowed TB to rack up serious points last week.

Brissett

Le'Veon

Ty Montgomery

Rashard Higgins

Julio

A.J. Green

Doyle

Prater

Steelers

Got the super stack in the IND/CLE game, Green and Le'Veon due for a bounce-back, Julio and Prater in a high O/U game, Ty with his large # of touches and Pittsburgh against an offense that allowed TB to rack up serious points last week.
I kind of like it, definitely unique and has a lot of upside. It will either score big or flame out.Brissett is the only one of these I have zero exposure to.

I see Henry starting to pop up on the FD talk.  Is D.Murry possible to sit out this week, and if so does that make Henry the chalk RB?

Brissett

Le'Veon

Ty Montgomery

Rashard Higgins

Julio

A.J. Green

Doyle

Prater

Steelers

I think crow might be the guy I look at in the cle/Indy game. He's asking for the ball, and he might just get it. Seems like a good recipe vs Indy, pound the rock and take play action shots downfield which is kizers strength. 

Since he looks too low owned, I switched my Thur-Mon to a Brady stack:

Brady - Hunt/Hyde - Cooks/Funchess/7500 WR - Ertz -Tavecchio - Philly

Really liked it because I could tweak a core like this for a couple Sun main entries too (if I was inclined) by using a guy like McCaffrey, Lynch, Henry at the same price as Hyde and that 7500 is a great pivot spot for WRs = I could use Hopkins to run back the Brady stack,  AJGreen, M.Thomas for a game stack with Funchess. 

I am liking the 6 players I have for a cash core, so need to decide on the last 3.  Any opinions on:

Stafford/Sanu/Cook(te)  or Cousins/Higgins/Ertz

ETA: in that first one the TE could be Doyle too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am liking the 6 players I have for a cash core, so need to decide on the last 3.  Any opinions on:

Stafford/Sanu/Cook(te)  or Cousins/Higgins/Ertz

ETA: in that first one the TE could be Doyle too.
I suppose I like Stafford>cousins, ertz>Doyle or Cook, and who knows between Sanu and higgy, but I suppose sanu has the better qb and may get targeted if det tries to take jones away. 

I suppose I like Stafford>cousins, ertz>Doyle or Cook, and who knows between Sanu and higgy, but I suppose sanu has the better qb and may get targeted if det tries to take jones away. 
Should have been more clear - it was which group do you like better.  Wouldn't have the $ for staff and ertz. 

I'm leaning Cam for cash. How can he not get it done against NO? 
I think last time they played he had 12pts and NO's was terrible then too.  

I think the question is will he have to get it done? They are 2-0 by running and D, and that could be the winning forumula vs the Saints at home too. 

My first stab at THU-MON GPP

Derek Carr    
Jay Ajayi    
Carlos Hyde    
Amari Cooper    
A.J. Green    
J.J. Nelson    
Zach Ertz    
Matt Prater    
Eagles    

I don't get all the love for Cousins I'm hearing on the podcasts / boards this week?   I guess the price is nice, but Stafford is only $300 more.

Need to hurry if I want access to Hyde.   And I do.

Sunday Slate GPP RB exposure is setting up like....

Heavy - Bell, Ajai

Moderate - Freeman, Gillislee, CMC, Jacquizz

Limited - Ty, Hunt, White, Thompson, Abdullah, Henry, Gio, Crowell, Duke

Sunday Slate GPP Passing Stacks

Tier 1 - Ryan/Julio, Brady/Gronk, Rodgers/Jordy

Tier 2 - Stafford/Jones, Ben/AB, Cutler/Parker, Carr/Cooper

Pivots - Cousins/Thompson/Crowder, Kizer/Duke/Higgins

Sunday Slate GPP Defenses

Pats (Deshaun Watson), Eagles (Giants trainwreck), Ravens (Jags junior varsity), Steelers (Glennon)

Pivots - Browns (Colts), Fish (Jets)

Tons of overlay on the satellites tonight.  Wish I'd gotten more in.  I know they are usually a losing proposition but could resist $259 in entries, $400 in tickets and $83 in entires, $175 in tickets.

Tons of overlay on the satellites tonight.  Wish I'd gotten more in.  I know they are usually a losing proposition but could resist $259 in entries, $400 in tickets and $83 in entires, $175 in tickets.
I understand the concept of overlay and I seek it out when selecting games, but I don't follow that last sentence.  Would you mind unpacking it for a newb?  

Should have been more clear - it was which group do you like better.  Wouldn't have the $ for staff and ertz. 
I knew that- I think i got confused when I started typing and didn't look back. I only ended up having Hyde in 2 gpps and have gurley on my 2 $5 cash games.

Since it said it was free this week, I will comment.  The ownership % predicts Cam as the most popular Qb.  I will definitely pass on that.  

I think Ryan or Brady at 1/2 that sounds better.  Also, Cutler is a lot lower than I thought, but that could be because so many will be on Ajayi. 

Interesting to look at.  For sure there were a couple wrong last week, but I was surprised how close this was overall.  
i think ownership percentages will become more of a part of my weekly lineup build.  

for example, as you referenced earlier in the thread, Ty Montgomery isn't getting much love via the IVC.  But the projected ownership info here reiterates him as a solid play that I will have to consider in my RB corps. Good place to start looking.  Usually I will start with projected point totals and go from there but I like the snapshot of market value the projected ownership provides.  

EDIT: Looks like Dodds has upped his Ty Mont projections since your earlier comment, KP, but I am still digging the ownership percentage feature.  Will be interested to see how accurate it is

I knew that- I think i got confused when I started typing and didn't look back. I only ended up having Hyde in 2 gpps and have gurley on my 2 $5 cash games.
:thumbup:

I usually have the thought of playing the Thurs-Mon game and fading those.  I liked Hyde a bit, but when I looked at it I could make the case for Gurley, Allen, and Zeke having big games.  When that's the case I will wimp out and stay away. 

All you Hyde lovers put the hex on him.  I don't play Thursday games, but I have him starting in a couple season long leagues.   :censored:

i think ownership percentages will become more of a part of my weekly lineup build.  

for example, as you referenced earlier in the thread, Ty Montgomery isn't getting much love via the IVC.  But the projected ownership info here reiterates him as a solid play that I will have to consider in my RB corps. Good place to start looking.  Usually I will start with projected point totals and go from there but I like the snapshot of market value the projected ownership provides.  

EDIT: Looks like Dodds and Tremblay have upped their Ty Mont projections since your earlier comment, KP, but I am still digging the ownership percentage feature.  Will be interested to see how accurate it is
I looked at a bunch of my plays last week and was surprised how close it was.  There were couple players here and there that were way off - I think Carr was one, but for the most part it was close within a percent or two.  If I remember right, I think that one of the mods commented somewhere that the projections are more for mid-level buy ins, but can be a guide for all gpps.  I think as you get to the huge buy ins, entries would look more chalky, and the 25cent one people are more likely to throw out that McCown-Kearse stack. 

I think one thing that really sticks out when you look at the chart is that it just might be the best to stick to the core 5-6 RB plays and get weird at the more volatile positions like WR and TE.  To get low owned at RB you really have to stretch with a part-time guy with one or two exceptions.  However, you might be able to get guys like Mike Thomas,  D.Thomas, and Clay who see a lot of volume on their team for single digit ownership %. 

Also, I keep telling myself that even if the guys are owned, there are still a lot of combos to be generated from mixing those up. 

I understand the concept of overlay and I seek it out when selecting games, but I don't follow that last sentence.  Would you mind unpacking it for a newb?  

Could should have been couldn't.

35% overlay and 53% overlay.

I think one thing that really sticks out when you look at the chart is that it just might be the best to stick to the core 5-6 RB plays and get weird at the more volatile positions like WR and TE.  To get low owned at RB you really have to stretch with a part-time guy with one or two exceptions.  However, you might be able to get guys like Mike Thomas,  D.Thomas, and Clay who see a lot of volume on their team for single digit ownership %. 

Also, I keep telling myself that even if the guys are owned, there are still a lot of combos to be generated from mixing those up. 
as far as identifying cores go, last week's ownership percentage would've pushed you on Gordon, TyMont, Hunt, Bell, Lynch.  Can't argue with that group from w2.  Think you are probably thinking about those pivots correctly, although I have to admit I am not a GPP player.  

as far as identifying cores go, last week's ownership percentage would've pushed you on Gordon, TyMont, Hunt, Bell, Lynch.  Can't argue with that group from w2.  Think you are probably thinking about those pivots correctly, although I have to admit I am not a GPP player.  
Don't get me wrong, you can find lower owned gems anywhere - CJ Anderson or Freeman last week.  However, those guys still get a lot of touches.  The more I read those reviews of the top 10s of the Millionaire LUs, the more I am getting that you probably can't give up touches and opportunity to get different.   So looking at that list from this week (again I will give specifics since it's free this week),  I think the only Rbs in the single digit %s that still hover around 20 touches for their teams are guys like CJA, and Freeman? So you are leaving a lot of opportunity on the table if you drop from a guy like Bell (20%) to Chris Thompson (3%).  On the flip side, a chalk guy like AJGreen is seeing the exact same targets as M.Thomas, so you aren't losing any touches by dropping to an estimated 2% owned guy like Thomas vs. the 20% estimated for Green but gaining huge leverage. 

41-33?? :wall:  

I know I am a grumpy old hater, but I will be really disappointed if these silly Hoyer/Gurley/Hyde/Garcon/Watkins/Celek/Zuerlein/Rams super game stacks are rewarded with a decent pay day for the week.

San Fran had 0 rushing TD's and 0 passing TD's in the first 2 weeks and they come in tonight and score 39 points against Rams D... all these crap (normally) laughing stock stacks are gonna be cashing in.  I should play the contrarian GPP entry more often, better play some Tolzien and Glennon teams this weekend.

Could be one of those weeks where stacking the Thur game pays off. A bunch of teams at the top with 150+ pts and 2-3 players left to play.

41-33?? :wall:  

I know I am a grumpy old hater, but I will be really disappointed if these silly Hoyer/Gurley/Hyde/Garcon/Watkins/Celek/Zuerlein/Rams super game stacks are rewarded with a decent pay day for the week.
The high scoring stinker we talked about last week- if only Gould could kick xps, this may have gone to ot. 

I was looking at the mon-Thursday winners, noticed one guys name popping up over and over, he must have won about 3k with 6-7 in the top 100. None were at the top, but close enough to have a nice payday. It was a $4 rush, my one entry missed by 3 pts. I wonder how many entries he put in.....

This particular set of games in retrospect was good to play multiple iterations of a similar lineup. You could plug in gurley and Hyde, who would easily out touch Abdullah/riddick/Perkins/darkwa and plug in different qb-wr options. The tes happened to score pretty similar between engram/ebron/celek, but the key would have been to fade det/nyg WRs. I like the contests with 2 games, probably because it's the only time I've taken 1st in a Gpp (tied with 14 others but a nice $660 for my $1...2 yrs ago) but sometimes it's easy to predict maybe 2-3 different game scripts and play accordingly. 

The high scoring stinker we talked about last week- if only Gould could kick xps, this may have gone to ot. 

I was looking at the mon-Thursday winners, noticed one guys name popping up over and over, he must have won about 3k with 6-7 in the top 100. None were at the top, but close enough to have a nice payday. It was a $4 rush, my one entry missed by 3 pts. I wonder how many entries he put in.....

This particular set of games in retrospect was good to play multiple iterations of a similar lineup. You could plug in gurley and Hyde, who would easily out touch Abdullah/riddick/Perkins/darkwa and plug in different qb-wr options. The tes happened to score pretty similar between engram/ebron/celek, but the key would have been to fade det/nyg WRs. I like the contests with 2 games, probably because it's the only time I've taken 1st in a Gpp (tied with 14 others but a nice $660 for my $1...2 yrs ago) but sometimes it's easy to predict maybe 2-3 different game scripts and play accordingly. 
I don't play the 2 game slates at all, but completely get why you might mash in one of the two games.  I am sticking to my guns that there is no rational reason for a Thurs-Mon slate you would take 8 players from a Goff vs. Hoyer game - especially the ones that I looked at took a D from the game too.  IF you are game stacking like that, you need 5-6 TDs from each offense, so why in the world would you take a D too?   Just sour grapes because I will obsess over LUs all week.  I could just as easily choose to game stack Mia/Jets and be done with it. 

Oh well, I am happy with my 20+pts from Hyde and look forward to blowing past those leaders with my Brady stack!

Played Thu-Mon week 1 but have avoided it since, the start comes up so quickly where I feel like there's no time to build a lineup.  I was thinking about maybe going forward getting some entries in with a pure fade approach where I would late swap out to my Sunday main slate lineups after the Thursday night happens, but that would've burned me this week

San Fran had 0 rushing TD's and 0 passing TD's in the first 2 weeks and they come in tonight and score 39 points against Rams D... all these crap (normally) laughing stock stacks are gonna be cashing in.  I should play the contrarian GPP entry more often, better play some Tolzien and Glennon teams this weekend.
I will be interesting who their missing player(s) are.  Looks like a lot of 140s with 1 players to go.  Last week all the Mon-Thurs winners were in the 170-180pt range.  So it's still possible they get left behind.  Over the long haul this is not the way to go.  I would have to think that there has been research done as to how many players max you should have from a game for upside, since you are limiting your exposure to a certain # of yards.   

Speaking of contrarian, I was looking at updated DVOA stats this morning.  Found it interesting that people are talking about guys in that that Clev/Indy game.  Two terrible Ds going at it.  There is another game with a similar o/u, and according to DVOA both have worse Ds as far as QBs and WRs go - Mia/Jets.  Not saying I am playing it, just thought it was interesting. 

Going to trot out a single $5 cash L/U this week instead of the two $2 ones I've been doing, running, for now, on this one: QB/Stafford, RB/M. Gordon/T. Montgomery, WR/A. J. Green - D. Thomas - K. Benjamin, TE/Kelce, K/Succop, DEF/PHL. The IVC giving it 122 points.

Going to trot out a single $5 cash L/U this week instead of the two $2 ones I've been doing, running, for now, on this one: QB/Stafford, RB/M. Gordon/T. Montgomery, WR/A. J. Green - D. Thomas - K. Benjamin, TE/Kelce, K/Succop, DEF/PHL. The IVC giving it 122 points.
Good Luck! Ours have a similar feel to them.  As of now I have:

Stafford - Bell/Ajayi - Allen/Green/Funchess - Ertz - Santos - Philly

IF Ajayi doesn't look like he will get his load, I think I would just go from Santos down to another K and plop Hunt in. 

Users who are viewing this thread