What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question answered (1 Viewer)

Terrible idea if you're keeping that few of players.  Just my opinion, I have nothing to back it up other than it totally rewards the loser teams. 

Using the numbers from here, for 12-team redraft leagues:

In a snake draft, the team that drafts first gets a 6% advantage over the team that drafts last. It's as if the team with the 1st pick got a free extra pick: the 73rd pick of the draft (pick 7.01).

In a straight draft, the team that drafts first gets a 33% advantage over the team that drafts last. It's as if the team with the 1st pick got a free extra pick: the 3rd pick of the draft (pick 1.03).

In a snake draft, the team that drafts first gets a 6% advantage over the team that drafts last. It's as if the team with the 1st pick got a free extra pick: the 73rd pick of the draft (pick 7.01).

In a straight draft, the team that drafts first gets a 33% advantage over the team that drafts last. It's as if the team with the 1st pick got a free extra pick: the 3rd pick of the draft (pick 1.03).
Yeah - I hadn't seen the numbers but came in here to say it was a terrible idea because it gives the top 2-3 teams a massive advantage.

i thought it obvious since team 1.01 gets 1.01 & 1.13

team 1.02 gets 1.02 & 1.14

by comparison team 12 gets 1.12 & 1.24

thats horrific. The %s you posted bear that out. 

Great stuff. Now I just have to grab the data and run it for a 10 team league to give them the data for our league.

Did you just import, sort and calculate it for the straight draft numbers?

The only way it makes sense is in big keeper leagues and dynasty leagues. In those leagues you are actually trying to help the bottom teams, so they get the early picks in each round.

In a small keeper league or a redraft, it's a horrible idea.

Users who are viewing this thread