What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low/ Sell High Week 6 - Offers you sent/rec'd - Discussion (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Buy/Low/Hold thread mixed with offers your receive during the week.  Help gauge what owners are low and if you should pounce.

Always nice to know what's being offered.  This thread has helped receive offers and send offers based on value discussed within team construct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Devante Parker - he's all that hype and more.
The Parker owner in my league keeps offering him in a deal but he's going after OBJ and Golden Tate.

I was thinking of trying Fitzgerald, James White, and Golden Tate for Keenan Allen and Davante Parker....

I'm not sure... I normally wait on the Top 200 going forward to help gauge some of my offers.

I'm not sure if I'd trade Fitzgerald and Tate for Cooks

The Parker owner in my league keeps offering him in a deal but he's going after OBJ and Golden Tate.

I was thinking of trying Fitzgerald, James White, and Golden Tate for Keenan Allen and Davante Parker....

I'm not sure... I normally wait on the Top 200 going forward to help gauge some of my offers.

I would trade Fitz, White, and Tate for Allen and Parker in a NY minute. 

Top 200 moving forward is a trend not an absolute. Parker has the skill set to be a #1. Cutler has the arm to get it to him. Even though I dislike Cutler's scowl - lol.

A 0-2 owner just posted a fire sale. 

Shopping Cooks. Would he be a good buy low opportunity? 

Now might also be a good time to shop Ertz. Many TE injuries.  His big reception came on a double tip.  

Lots of WRs with bad weeks. Cooper, Fitz?  Bounce back buy lows?
I don't think Ertz is a sell high at all.  Given injuries to Olsen, Reed, and Gronk there is a good chance Ertz finishes as the #1 TE this year.  I'd actually have him as a buy given how barren the TE landscape is so far this year.  

I would laugh in your face if you offered me that for Parker and Allen.

I don't think Ertz is a sell high at all.  Given injuries to Olsen, Reed, and Gronk there is a good chance Ertz finishes as the #1 TE this year.  I'd actually have him as a buy given how barren the TE landscape is so far this year.  
Fair enough, I didn't think I'd be able to get a TE around the top 7 range to upgrade elsewhere anyways.  Most in my league don't value Ertz as a top 5 TE.

I believe I took him as TE10 during my draft.

Your potential offer is terrible 

Rest of the season how do we rank....

Allen, Cooks, Fitzgerald, Tate, Parker, Watkins.

Also Jordy or OBJ ROS.

I just bought Derek Henry.  I know he's high right now, but I'm taking the gamble on his value being higher.

You are going to be very happy in a few weeks sir.  I targeted him everywhere, getting him in 3 of 4 redraft leagues.

No, I don't necessarily want to start him just yet...its more of a long term play with me.  DeMarco can't last forever, and Henry seems to be moving more and more towards taking over.

If an injury happens to Murray, his value skyrockets, and you can almost name your price then.

Plus the Titans schedule clears up considerably soon.  He may well be someone you just have to sit on, or spot start the rest of the season.

BUT- He has that massive potential to be a league winner or KING MAKER as we say.

The upside is just too much to ignore, and a little later in the season owners will likely be #####ing they didn't acquire him earlier.

TZM

Sold high on James white - 12 team Ppr

gave: James white & Shane vereen

got: terrelle Pryor & tevin Coleman 

I'm 1-1, just lost Olsen, he's 0-2 but losing Reed prompted him to jettison all Redskins.

Now might also be a good time to shop Ertz. Many TE injuries.  His big reception came on a double tip.  

I love Cooks as a buy low candidate same with Michael Thomas. Sell high any extra TE on your roster.

In PPR? Allen, Tate, Parker, Fitz, Cooks, Watkins for me.

Also, OBJ.  
Thanks.  Yes PPR, I think I'd have them Allen, Cooks, Fitz, Tate, Parker, Watkins.  I'm curious what the Top 200 says.

WR15-30 seems very interchangeable.

Cooks does seem very random.

If I'm playing 3 WR's a week OBJ/Cooper - I'd guess I'd want my WR3 more steady with Fitz or Tate.

Just an off week for Fitz, Tate, Cooper, OBJ banged up has me worried.

Ertz looks like a lock for top 5 TE production.  I would hold.....or try to buy if I weren't an Ertz owner.   Ertz is giving you a nice advantage at TE and you probably drafted him late.

Ertz is going to be a top end TE this year, barring injury.  I have never been too high on him, but the stars have aligned, and the TE position is essentially a wasteland this year.

Even if you don't like Ertz, ask yourself who would you rather have, go right on down the list. Its amazing when you look at it like this.....

Zach Ertz or Jason Witten?...........  Seriously?  :ph34r:

Zach Ertz or Tyler Eifert?........... Injury and the Bengals looking horrific currently.

Zach Ertz or Delanie Walker?.......... Admittedly close, but erase the "once in a career" jet sweep TD last year. 

Zach Ertz or Jesse James?........... LOL

Zach Ertz or Coby Fleener?............ Fleener is capitalizing (if thats what you want to call it) on the absence of Snead. I believe his "best case" is close to Ertz' floor this year.

Zach Ertz or Evan Engram, Austin Hooper, Charles Clay, Zach Miller, Eric Ebron, Jared Cook? ...........NO, NO , NO, NO, NO, NO.

Ertz is pretty much the "apple of Wentz' eye", that was the case even as far back as last year.

The only ones you would likely want over Ertz, is the easier way to look at it. Gronk and Kelce and thats about it. Rudolph is close.  If you are a Jordan Reed believer maybe, but injury kills that value. Ertz is a strong hold, set it and forget it guy from here on it seems.

Try and acquire Cooks as fast as you can, the blow up is coming.  They didn't acquire him to NOT be a key part of that NE offense, and with the injuries there, its only a matter of time.  On blow up game and his price is sky high again.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/704334-dynasty-redraft-wr-brandin-cooks-new-england-patriots/?do=findComment&comment=20435827 

Lots of good discussion there after my post.

TZM

Gottabesweet said:
I'm in a short bench league and have the 4th claim, I'm hoping I can swing a 2 for 1 deal today so I can claim him.

He was dropped last Wednesday.
I offered Coby Fleener, Buck Allen, and Chris Carson for him and Ted Ginn.  This guy had awful TEs.  We'll see how it turns out.

Would you trade Fitz, Tate, Mixon for Parker, Allen?
Everything depends on your bench. (plus scoring, like PPR etc) If you are absolutely loaded at RB then why not?

I assume you have another "starting" WR also right.?

Just keep in mind Mixon is slowly moving towards taking over. Thats pretty much what everyone seems to think. (and I figured this would be a slow process, even before the preseason)  I never like giving up potential solid starting RB1s. Sure, Mixon isn't there yet, but in 4-5 weeks, this could be completely different for Mixon.

TZM

Gottabesweet said:
I'm in a short bench league and have the 4th claim, I'm hoping I can swing a 2 for 1 deal today so I can claim him.

He was dropped last Wednesday.
Pretty sure if a player is on waivers he can only be claimed thru the waiver process.  In any serious league anyway.  

So far today:

I offered Tate/White for Allen  - Was told it wasn't a bad offer he just doesn't like White and value's K. Allen on a different level.

I then offered Tate/White for Cooks.

He countered -  Cooper, Tate, White for Cooks, Cobb, Riddick.

I countered - Fitzgerald/White for Cooks - He said he'll look at it in a bit.

I think the earliest Luck comes back is Week 5. So if you make a move for Hilton, you still have to go 2 more weeks without Luck.
He's been OK without Luck thus far.  4-49 and 3-57 -

If you can get him for a WR3 type WR I'd go for it.  I'd guess Luck is back Week 6.  Encouraging he was on the sideline last week.  Guessing he practices soon then 2-3 weeks plays.

What is yalls view on Andrew Luck returning?  TY Hilton is probably pennies on the dollar right now.
Hilton is one of those guys whose owner bought in the first or second round and would still be unlikely to part with for cheap because of the price they paid for him. If I were a Luck owner I'd be trying to get something for him. I think he'll be out a couple of more weeks and by then with zero victories they wont have any need to rush him back.

Users who are viewing this thread