Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

Buy Low/ Sell High Week 6 - Offers you sent/rec'd - Discussion

Question

Buy/Low/Hold thread mixed with offers your receive during the week.  Help gauge what owners are low and if you should pounce.

Always nice to know what's being offered.  This thread has helped receive offers and send offers based on value discussed within team construct.

Edited by Gottabesweet
  • Like 2

411 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Chaka said:

After careful consideration and detailed statistical analysis performed by Ernst & Young my fool proof strategy is that I am buying everyone who is underperforming their ADP and selling everyone who is overperforming their ADP.

This is funny to me. Everyone sees the Buy Low coming, right? What gets me is that those owners because of that underscoring premium player probably aren't doing so well, and really should sell low to get moving. Late season upside looks less relevant at 0-2 and 0-3 will just make it further away.

- eta - Trying to buy the player on the upswing you think is about to outperform from a team in contention will be met with derision, you're not fooling anyone. 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

13 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

This is funny to me. Everyone sees the Buy Low coming, right? What gets me is that those owners because of that underscoring premium player probably aren't doing so well, and really should sell low to get moving. Late season upside looks less relevant at 0-2 and 0-3 will just make it further away.

- eta - Trying to buy the player on the upswing you think is about to outperform from a team in contention will be met with derision, you're not fooling anyone. 

Someone rejected your trade offer, didn't they?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Someone rejected your trade offer, didn't they?

Ha yes, probably scores....

3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Ha yes, probably scores....

Strangely enough, people acting against their best interest is something that I have grown quite accustomed to over the past, I don't know, say approximately 316 days.

Give or take zero days.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Is anyone targeting Howard as a buy low guy or has everyone lost faith in him for the entire season?

I think I shy away. Already banged up, however I wasn't as big on him as most coming out.  bad team, with a potential rookie QB coming in.  If you can get him for a WR3 type player I'd gamble but I see a lot of 11-43 stat lines with them playing catch-up.

This offers just comes strolling in this morning lol....  Other owner trying to buy low on me.

I give:   Zeke, Cooper, Tate -    I get  Gronk, Allen, Lynch

Nope.

I'm not even sure I'd do it subbing Fitzgerald for Cooper.

Edited by Gottabesweet

5 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

I was just offered my Buck Allen for Jordan Reed? Is that selling high on Allen, or should I keep holding out?

That's intriguing but do you want to deal with Reed being listed as injured every week?

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's intriguing but do you want to deal with Reed being listed as injured every week?

Exactly. My other TE is Fleener, so Reed is an upgrade. However, the league is PPR and RBs get .25/PPC, so RBs actually score more points than WRs. My RBs looked way better to start the year, though still not bad: Hunt, Howard, Crowell, Terrance West, Coleman, and Allen. So I could spare Allen, but he looks like he could just be getting started.

whats everyones thoughts on Michael Thomas in here? Have a chance to acquire him pretty cheap (my diggs & TY for his Thomas & David Johnson)-- My other wrs are evans, d adams, landry, & hogan & I only play three so one or both of those guys will be on the bench every week. 

14 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

I agree on Wilson, and Baldwin. I think Graham is done as an te1. I hope I am wrong, I bought into him quite a bit this year. 

Same hear...groan.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Is anyone targeting Howard as a buy low guy or has everyone lost faith in him for the entire season?

Take a peek at the Bears' schedule and wait a month.  Pricetag ought to be even lower after another handful of stinkers.

Second half of the season might be OK for him.

I took over for an orphaned team in need of potential keepers next year and completed the following trade with a contender:

Gave: Hyde (sell high) - not a keeper option for either team

Received: Mixon (buy low) - 50/50 chance I keep him, 10-25% chance contender would've kept him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, packer_junkie said:

whats everyones thoughts on Michael Thomas in here? Have a chance to acquire him pretty cheap (my diggs & TY for his Thomas & David Johnson)-- My other wrs are evans, d adams, landry, & hogan & I only play three so one or both of those guys will be on the bench every week. 

I like him. He has had a tough stretch of corners but it should open up for him.

Random thoughts being random, but someone alluded to this earlier so I thought I'd check it out:

* Chris Johnson vs the Colts, 1st half:

- First carry, 21 yards, called back on penalty.

- 2nd, 8 yards.

- 3rd, 11 yards.

Williams - 10 touches.

* 2nd half, CJ:

- 9 carries, 25 yards.

Williams - 1 touch, 2nd to last play of the game.

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Random thoughts being random, but someone alluded to this earlier so I thought I'd check it out:

* Chris Johnson vs the Colts, 1st half:

- First carry, 21 yards, called back on penalty.

- 2nd, 8 yards.

- 3rd, 11 yards.

Williams - 10 touches.

* 2nd half, CJ:

- 9 carries, 25 yards.

Williams - 1 touch, 2nd to last play of the game.

I grabbed Johnson off of the waiver wire this week.

Now I have no idea how this will all shake out, but the thought that I cannot escape is this: all of the FF world thought this Arizona offense would support the #1 overall pick, but yet many folks don't think the next-guy-up is even worthy of a roster spot?  Does not compute.  And I understand David Johnson is on another level than basically everyone else.

2 hours ago, MattFancy said:

I was just offered my Buck Allen for Jordan Reed? Is that selling high on Allen, or should I keep holding out?

What the hell are you even thinking about this for? Accept

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, davearm said:

Now I have no idea how this will all shake out, but the thought that I cannot escape is this: all of the FF world thought this Arizona offense would support the #1 overall pick, but yet many folks don't think the next-guy-up is even worthy of a roster spot?  Does not compute.  And I understand David Johnson is on another level than basically everyone else.

You have it backwards. The #1 overall pick supports that offense, not the other way around. ;)

• Like 2

Trade Offer

Get: Baldwin

Trade Away: Buck Allen and L. Fitz 

My WR: Hilton, Diggs, Sanders, Hogan, Crowder

My RB: Ty Mont, White, Coleman, Martin, D. Johnson (IR)

Should I accept?

Edited by jcruz

20 minutes ago, davearm said:

You have it backwards. The #1 overall pick supports that offense, not the other way around. ;)

3 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

I think I shy away. Already banged up, however I wasn't as big on him as most coming out.  bad team, with a potential rookie QB coming in.  If you can get him for a WR3 type player I'd gamble but I see a lot of 11-43 stat lines with them playing catch-up.

Gotta be truly desperate, or prone to bad decisions to trade him for a WR3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattFancy said:

Exactly. My other TE is Fleener, so Reed is an upgrade. However, the league is PPR and RBs get .25/PPC, so RBs actually score more points than WRs. My RBs looked way better to start the year, though still not bad: Hunt, Howard, Crowell, Terrance West, Coleman, and Allen. So I could spare Allen, but he looks like he could just be getting started.

Since you have so many RBs I would probably make the trade.

7 minutes ago, jcruz said:

Trade Offer

Get: Baldwin

Trade Away: Buck Allen and L. Fitz 

My WR: Hilton, Diggs, Sanders, Hogan, Crowder

My RB: Ty Mont, White, Coleman, Martin, D. Johnson (IR)

Should I accept?

Yes

1 hour ago, JAMES! said:

Uh, the Colts?

"The Colts" are not a person capable of making personnel decisions.  When you say "Whether or not Luck plays isn't Pagano's call. If they're languishing mid-season why would they rush the franchise back with a bum shoulder?", what I was asking is who exactly is the "they" that is going to be motivated to make that decision?

Pagano is going to get fired if they don't win some games.  Ballard surely doesn't want to go 0-17 in his first gig as GM and he's not immune to a quick hook either, especially given that the last Colts' GM was fired after a lot of criticism that he tried to meddle with Pagano's start/sit decisions.  Irsay has no history of having any involvement in these kind of decisions and even if he did, it doesn't behoove him to keep Luck out of the lineup since it affects his bottom line directly with regards to butts in the seats.

Edited by FreeBaGeL

Anyone trading FOR Zeke or trading him away?

I actually have a guy interested in him, but I can't get a read on this court case.  I have a feeling the NFL will win this week and the suspension starts next week.

Gut says:

Buy Low: Andy Dalton (it can only get better)

Sell High: CJ Anderson (just concerned that in order to make sure Cj doesn't get hurt, carries will be split more between CJ, Charles, and now Booker)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 3nOut said:

Gut says:

Sell High: CJ Anderson (just concerned that in order to make sure Cj doesn't get hurt, carries will be split more between CJ, Charles, and now Booker)

I doubt it. What there doing is clearly working.  No reason to depart from that

• Like 1

Just now, sjdogs said:

I doubt it. What there doing is clearly working.  No reason to depart from that

I think l CJ is going go down as one of the top Value picks of this year given his ADP.

Cincinnati could implode soon.  Not a good situation.  Move on from Dalton.

Just now, dagwood said:

I think l CJ is going go down as one of the top Value picks of this year given his ADP.

I agree about Anderson. Offense is set up well for him and Charles is not a competition for high workload.

Cincy will implode but I'm not sure it affects Dalton. AJ Green is still there which will give him a decent floor long term. He will revert to his mean which is mid QB2. Maybe a value in superlex but in standard who cares. I wouldn't add McCarron any sooner than I would add Geno Smith in NYG, which is to say no thanks.

9 minutes ago, dagwood said:

:yes: This has all the makings of a "bottom drops out" season that gets the coach and front office fired, like the last year of the Chip Kelly Eagles or Joe Philbin Dolphins.

I was high on Dalton coming into this season but I wouldn't even waste the roster spot on him until I see the Bengals put forth a reasonably functional offense at least once.  If that means I then have to pay someone a QB22 price instead of a QB26 price for him, so be it.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

47 minutes ago, 3nOut said:

Gut says:

At least you can buy low on Dalton from your FA list.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

:yes: This has all the makings of a "bottom drops out" season that gets the coach and front office fired, like the last year of the Chip Kelly Eagles or Joe Philbin Dolphins.

I was high on Dalton coming into this season but I wouldn't even waste the roster spot on him until I see the Bengals put forth a reasonably functional offense at least once.  If that means I then have to pay someone a QB22 price instead of a QB26 price for him, so be it.

If that's the case maybe they'll use Mixon... I doubt he'll be serviceable from a fantasy standpoint until next year.

In PPR leagues I disagree with selling Buck Allen. I think he is a solid rb2 the rest of the year or better. West stinks and is now hurt, who knows with Woodhead, and even if Collins or Langford come out of no where he will still have flex appeal as a pass catcher. 

Edited by msudaisy26
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

In PPR leagues I disagree with selling Buck Allen. I think he is a solid rb2 the rest of the year or better. West stinks and is now hurt, who knows with Woodhead, and even if Collins or Langford come out of no where he will still have flex appeal as a pass catcher. 

There's too many mouth's to feed in that backfield right now. None of them stand out, including Allen. I would go for whichever costs the least amount, and Allen is the most expensive. 

8 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

There's too many mouth's to feed in that backfield right now. None of them stand out, including Allen. I would go for whichever costs the least amount, and Allen is the most expensive. 

I wish my league mates felt the same way. In my leagues where I am contending I have tried 2nd round 2018 picks to get him and nothing. 

11 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

The Ravens signed Woodhead to be the pass-catching back.

Allen got some run in the 4th Q week 1 when the game was out of reach.  He got some more run in week 2 when West got dinged.

With West dinged, the Ravens have added Collins to the 53, and Langford to the PS.

It sure doesn't seem like the Ravens have much faith in Buck Allen.

3 minutes ago, davearm said:

Allen got some run in the 4th Q week 1 when the game was out of reach.  He got some more run in week 2 when West got dinged.

With West dinged, the Ravens have added Collins to the 53, and Langford to the PS.

No they don't, but the realize he is better than West and their top 2 guys are out, one for the year, the other for at least 7 more weeks. Collins promotion says nothing about Allen, they need backs on the roster for games. 

Everything I read said Allen was going to out touch West week 2. 

Edited by msudaisy26

1 hour ago, thriftyrocker said:

I agree about Anderson. Offense is set up well for him and Charles is not a competition for high workload.

Cincy will implode but I'm not sure it affects Dalton. AJ Green is still there which will give him a decent floor long term. He will revert to his mean which is mid QB2. Maybe a value in superlex but in standard who cares. I wouldn't add McCarron any sooner than I would add Geno Smith in NYG, which is to say no thanks.

Dynasty I am trying to buy CJ, but owner wants either Green or Kelce ... I own Charles, but other owner obviously pretty high on CJ

2 minutes ago, BearsFan4Life said:

Dynasty I am trying to buy CJ, but owner wants either Green or Kelce ... I own Charles, but other owner obviously pretty high on CJ

I couldn't give CJ away before this season.  I tried for a late round first or two second's

Maybe I should try again.

1 hour ago, Gottabesweet said:

I couldn't give CJ away before this season.  I tried for a late round first or two second's

Maybe I should try again.

Different league I got CJ for Sammy Watkins ... but have Julio, MThomas, and DThomas at WR

• Like 1

I will double up on my Allen statements. I am benching McCoy in my ppr redraft league this week for Allen. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, davearm said:

Your post doesn't make much sense to me.  West is nicked up and Woodhead is out for at least 6 more weeks.  Of course they are going to add Collins to the roster and Langford to the PS.  You need some other RBs besides Allen, right?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

i think west has been pretty decent when he has played

5 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I will double up on my Allen statements. I am benching McCoy in my ppr redraft league this week for Allen. 

i can see your reasons why.  but you shouldnt bench your studs

26 minutes ago, davearm said:

Most teams employ more than one RB on their 53 man roster.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fightingillini said:

Your post doesn't make much sense to me.  West is nicked up and Woodhead is out for at least 6 more weeks.  Of course they are going to add Collins to the roster and Langford to the PS.  You need some other RBs besides Allen, right?

Yeah, I'm not reading much into the Ravens adding Collins and Langford. I think it may say more about West's injury than anything about Allen. They can't just have 2 RBs on the active roster and 1 of them being a guy that is banged up.

11 minutes ago, JIMGET said:

Allen can't run between the tackles...if it's not west then it will be Collins handling that work.

I haven't looked to see if that is true, but even if it is  I said PPR, Flacco loves to dump it off. Allen is going to be getting 15 + touches a week for most of the regular fantasy season.

• Like 1