What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low/ Sell High Week 6 - Offers you sent/rec'd - Discussion (2 Viewers)

This is a Buy Low sort of issue, which is why I'm posting it here. It's a followup from my earlier post above.

Standard league, double flex... guy in first place is in Bye Week Hell and is offering me Alvin Kamara for Martavis Bryant.

My Team:

QB: Rivers

WR: AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant, Bruce Ellington

RB: Latavius Murray, Alex Collins, Chris Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Jacquizz Rodgers

TE: Cameron Brate, Austin Rastafarian-Jenkins :P

His:

QB: Palmer, Luck

WR: Antonio Brown, Marvin Jones, Jeremy, Maclin,Emmanuel Sanders (BYE)

RBs: Kareem Hunt, Riddick, Lacy, Tevin Coleman (BYE), Kamara (BYE)

TE: Gronk, Kyle Rudolph

Now Yahoo says the trade favors him but Yahoo is stupid. I'm trying to fleece another owner in Bye Week Hell and get TY Hilton for Bryant and Chris Johnson (David Johnson owner, has like no RBs left and for some reason hasn't played TY in 3 weeks). Which trade should I focus on? Should I accept the Kamara offer or just wait until the TY owner makes a decision?
Helps your RBs, you have three solid WRs. See mine above. 

Figures. I get offered Julio but can't swing it. 

Julio/Seferian Jenkins

Hyde/Ertz

leaves me with only Zeke/Kamara at RB

we start 1RB 1Wr 1TE.  2 flex 

my WRs are OBJ DT Cooper Thielen 
I'd do it. I'm guessing you'd rollout

WR: OBJr.

RB: Elliot

TE: ASJ

Flex 1 Juilo

Flex 2: 1 of DT/Thielen/Cooper

OBJ/Juilo can be a league winner. Assuming he is healthy, his schedule after the Bye is mouthwatering.

Last edited by a moderator:
chad in Indy said:
I'm contemplating Ajayi where I can. Opened the season with three away games (if you count London) and back to back games where Miami would inexplicably go away from the run. I think Gase simplifies things and gets back to basics until this team gets some rhythm. Bonus is that he already had his bye.
I dunno, I have Ajayi as well, and I'm looking to sell low..Gase can't simplify things anymore than they already are..he just doesn't want to use Ajayi, I think he's trying to get cute with Cutler as if to tell everyone how smart he was for bringing in his former QB ..he's completely forgetting about the RB he has..but more importantly, Ajayi has only one score since midway thru last season or something like that..he got his 2016 yards in bunches.200 here..200 there..but was wildly inconsistent and that is still continuing today.

a home game might help Miami, but how long will the Boo-birds remain calm when things start going sideways..

Ajayi is garbage, he's a JAG's JAG..

I'd take a 6 pack of Guinness from the guy who takes Ajayi off my hands, and be damn glad I got that much for him.I'd consider that a bargain, like I beat someone down in a trade. LOL

Kamara, Powell, Alf Morris, Jamaal Charles..

S. Shepherd is killing it in the slot he might be worthy.or Gallman - but the Giants don't run the ball..

plenty of talent out there, this might be the weekend you find the league winning player..

Looking at the schedule ahead and the last performance I’d be selling Abdullah at peak value. 

I know I’ll get hate for this - but it’s the sell high topic and that’s my gut feeling.

he’s had huge touches, he just scored a rare TD, the game-script allowed them to grind it out so Riddick’s role was minimized. 

I cant help but feel like this week was as good as it gets for AA. If I had RB depth and needed a WR I’d be looking to move him for maybe a gimpy Doug Baldwin as a buy-low / sell high swing.  

Not sure who you can get for AA, but it seems like all the stars are aligned for a sell high opportunity.

I could be wrong - it’s happened many many times before. ;)  

As a beleaguered Ajayi owner (my rb1 after losing DJ), hearing this...from *you*...might be enough to talk me off the proverbial window ledge for this season. :)
No, I'd still be worried as an owner. I don't know if he can overcome this offense, something looks terribly wrong as a whole. I think NO's defense is slightly underrated but to be held to a goose egg vs. them is almost unimaginable to me. Some combination of Cutler not playing well (that fade to Thomas in the end zone was a joke), the OL not playing well and the offensive looking generally pretty vanilla (I don't remember seeing a single deep shot to Parker or Stills last week) is killing them.

Ajayi may have a decent game vs. TEN, especially if TEN struggles with Cassel under center and can't sustain drives. If he does I'd look to sell for sure, good news is he practiced in full today for the first time in two weeks. 

No, I'd still be worried as an owner. I don't know if he can overcome this offense, something looks terribly wrong as a whole. I think NO's defense is slightly underrated but to be held to a goose egg vs. them is almost unimaginable to me. Some combination of Cutler not playing well (that fade to Thomas in the end zone was a joke), the OL not playing well and the offensive looking generally pretty vanilla (I don't remember seeing a single deep shot to Parker or Stills last week) is killing them.

Ajayi may have a decent game vs. TEN, especially if TEN struggles with Cassel under center and can't sustain drives. If he does I'd look to sell for sure, good news is he practiced in full today for the first time in two weeks. 
I was heavily invested in Ajayi earlier this summer, but I only own him in one dynasty league after last week. I agree with every thing you said and think he is a great buy low if you are rebuilding for dynasty, but the Dolphins are a wreck for this year.

Can anyone answer me why, Gase went and got Cutler out of retirement when Matt Moore showed last year that he was at least an average NFL backup? How long before this Cutler experiment ends and they turn to Moore?

davearm said:
Luck has been rumored to be a few days or weeks away from throwing again since the beginning of training camp.

Maybe at some point this season that will actually be true, but I'm not holding my breath.
Luck practiced today and is 2 maybe 3 weeks away. He is a great buy low candidate

Buy Low

Andrew Luck - 

Rob Kelley - I really like Kelly going forward

Wayne Gallam - Worth a role of the dice

Oh, still plenty concerned...just moving back from the Ajayi ledge a tiny bit. 

Both Smallwood and Crowder were dropped this week.  Strongly considering picking them up, especially Crowder knowing what he's capable of.

I was offered my Blount for Graham. Is that buying low on Graham? Or am I maybe selling low on Blount?
Graham surprisingly got dropped in my short bench league - trying to add him tonight (fingers crossed)

Thoughts on trading Hyde and Ertz for Julio/ASJ?

lineup:

Rivers- Zeke-Julio-OBJ-DT-ASJ-K-D

Bench -  Kamara-Cooper-Thielen-Luck

If Zeke gets suspended I'll basically have to play Kamara at RB (only need to start 1)  However guys like Riddick, Smallwood etc are readily available to piece together RB.

Both Smallwood and Crowder were dropped this week.  Strongly considering picking them up, especially Crowder knowing what he's capable of.
Same in my short bench league!  I'd be ok with Crowder as my WR4/5 with upside.

Thoughts?

lineup:

If Zeke gets suspended I'll basically have to play Kamara at RB (only need to start 1)  However guys like Riddick, Smallwood etc are readily available to piece together RB.

Jimmy Graham just got dropped, I can try for him on waivers but no guarantees.

Thoughts?

lineup:

You're looking to trade for Julio and ASJ?  I honestly don't think ASJ has all that much value.  Ertz may be the best TE this whole season.

You're looking to trade for Julio and ASJ?  I honestly don't think ASJ has all that much value.  Ertz may be the best TE this whole season.
Yes - I think it's a buy low on Julio (on bye, and banged up)

Hyde's been doing well but also banged up, I'm sensing some regression there.

Ertz has been fantastic.

I'm trying to put together the best lineup for playoffs (8/12 get there)

Zeke-OBJ-Julio-DT would be a nice core and hopefully I can use Cooper/Thielen to upgrade TE.

Unless I try doing Hyde/Cooper for Julio

Graham surprisingly got dropped in my short bench league - trying to add him tonight (fingers crossed)

lineup:

Thoughts?

lineup:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/forum/46-the-assistant-coach/

Please keep this stuff there and stop littering this forum with your trade questions.

Every single thread he posts in turns into that. He makes the Shark Pool his personal Assistant Coach forum
Yeah I don't mind one or two posts every once in awhile but this entire thread is him asking about trade proposals. This is a buy low/sell high thread and is steering in the wrong direction.

Yeah I don't mind one or two posts every once in awhile but this entire thread is him asking about trade proposals. This is a buy low/sell high thread and is steering in the wrong direction.
It'll be ok. You'll survive, I'll edit the topic that I created to justify the entire thread that's helped a few of us.  Buy/Sell/Hold including offers you received during the week and if you should take them or not.  If you aren't interested, don't reply or don't follow the thread it's pretty simple.  These boards are less and less active and the assistant coach forum is even worse.  I have no problem chiming in any thread if someone asks a trade offer involving someone within that topic/thread.  Carry on. :lmao:

It'll be ok. You'll survive, I'll edit the topic that I created to justify the entire thread that's helped a few of us.  Buy/Sell/Hold including offers you received during the week and if you should take them or not.  If you aren't interested, don't reply or don't follow the thread it's pretty simple.  These boards are less and less active and the assistant coach forum is even worse.  I have no problem chiming in any thread if someone asks a trade offer involving someone within that topic/thread.  Carry on. :lmao:
Don't get snarky.  Just stop posting assistant coach questions in the shark pool, please.  All of your "should I trade A for B" are assistant coach questions.

I also think Wentz starts spreading the ball around as he grows towards the middle-end of the year.  He has a lot of weapons.  Is Ertz really close to taking that top 3 step?

Stop pissing everywhere. You've been here long enough to know where your blatant bench coach questions should go. 
 It's within context of the buy/sell/hold thread outlined on page one, post one.  Carry on. 

Now back to discussing offers everyone received this week, so we can discuss if they are buy/hold/sells and if they should be accepted or countered.

:)

matuski said:
Seriously.. this is getting brutal.
Again, within the context of post one.  This thread is to discuss Buy Low/ Sell High/ Hold and offers you sent and received that week involving players discussed.

Please carry on and discuss players mentioned within the thread.  :)

Again, within the context of post one.  This thread is to discuss Buy Low/ Sell High/ Hold and offers you sent and received that week involving players discussed.

Please carry on and discuss players mentioned within the thread.  :)
You don't set the context of this forum.

The context of your posts belong in another forum.

You don't set the context of this forum.

The context of your posts belong in another forum.
Perhaps your missing a current FBG staffer discussing a dynasty trade he received in the value thread and whether or not he should accept it.

So yes, within ONE giant thread location outlined by post one.  In this thread we will discuss Buy Low/ Sell High/ Hold and the offers sent/rec that particular week.

COLORS!

Buy low, Sell high is a reasonable thread to keep running.  Your repeated "what about this trade" questions are not.

Buy low, Sell high is a reasonable thread to keep running.  Your repeated "what about this trade" questions are not.
Those are RECIEVED offers this week in direct correlation with BUY/HOLD/SELL players and what others though about the value.

:)

Hawkeye21 said:
get smallwood as a flex or if you need RB help

Gottabesweet said:

lineup:

Gottabesweet said:

Thoughts?

lineup:

Users who are viewing this thread