What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DraftKings Week 3 (1 Viewer)

I know this is obvious, but I still need a reminder myself since I play both sites, but was listening to a podcast recently and they were reminding the listeners that a good FD play <> a good DK play (I think they were mostly talking cash, but concept applies to tourneys too).  The points I gathered were:

• DK is more pt/$ dependent b/c of the wider difference in salary - ie TE salaries are mostly grouped within 1K of each other on FD, and there is 3K difference on DK. 
  • Lynch wasn't a DK play b/c he doesn't catch the ball at all.  Look for:  Goaline work, Receptions, and touches in cash.  Like the next point, you don't want a RB who is game flow dependent like Lynch, you would rather have a Hunt or Gordon. 
  • I found it interesting that they were talking that Julio probably wasn't a good cash play, and they were arguing that you can't pay 9K for a player that sees so few touches and is game flow dependent.  We saw that he could have done whatever he wanted on Sunday, but because they were ahead, they didn't need him.  Their point was that guys like Hopkins, Alshon, and Allen see all the volume a guy like Brown or Julio do and are 2-3K cheaper. 
  • For the reason above, they are big proponents of paying down at QB most of the time for cash as well.    Obviously it's week to week, but what I gather is what they are suggesting for cash is: QB in the 5Ks if possible, 3 RBs that meet above requirements, WRs with high volume for their team to hit on the ppr points, pay down at TE. 

Since there isn't the bonuses on FD and it's more TD weighted, it's a better play to pay up at QB and TE there and focus more on the faves and vegas totals.  Just thought I would post this to start the discussion.  I could recommend a couple podcasts (of course the Power Grid!) if anybody is interested and are nerdy like me. 

One thing I did notice was that I liked a few of these RBs that you would need to play in a Thurs-Mon slate:  J.Allen, Gurley, Hyde.   All fairly cheap, especially Hyde and Allen, and all see work in the pass game. 

I don't think these will be hugely popular guys, so would this be a week to try some Thurs-Monday cash and gpps, or do guys like that turn chalky since people might be playing that slate to play those guys?

Wentz @ $5900

Ajayi @ $7700 vs the Jets and bound to get a ton of touches is a must play in cash to me.

Chris Thompson @ $4400, Kelly dinged and likely a shootout or playing from behind against the Raiders which both favor Thompson

Wentz @ $5900

Ajayi @ $7700 vs the Jets and bound to get a ton of touches is a must play in cash to me.

Chris Thompson @ $4400, Kelly dinged and likely a shootout or playing from behind against the Raiders which both favor Thompson
Do you have any concerns about Ajayi not really being a receiving target, or that Perine got so many touches last week for Wash?

Not concerned about Ajayi not getting many passes because they are going to use him as the bell cow, he'll get 20 to 25 carries minimum and all the goal line work. Miami wants to pound the ball and limit Cutler. 100 yards and a TD is almost a lock I think and 2 or 3 TD's isn't out of the question. For $7700 that should be good value.

Thompson isn't going to get as many carries and as Perine but his total number of touches should be close as I expect that game either a shoot out or Washington playing catch up. If Washington wins 20 to 13 then it could be an issue. I don't see that.

I agree with what you posted above on lineup construction but honestly the only RB's that meet that criteria are Bell, Elliott, Hunt and Gordon. I don't like Gordon's matchup against KC this week so if you pay up for the cheapest of the other two Hunt and Elliott you have already used $16300, you end up needing bargain WR's down in the $4800 or less range like Lee and Hurns. Hard to trust those guys.

Not concerned about Ajayi not getting many passes because they are going to use him as the bell cow, he'll get 20 to 25 carries minimum and all the goal line work. Miami wants to pound the ball and limit Cutler. 100 yards and a TD is almost a lock I think and 2 or 3 TD's isn't out of the question. For $7700 that should be good value.

Thompson isn't going to get as many carries and as Perine but his total number of touches should be close as I expect that game either a shoot out or Washington playing catch up. If Washington wins 20 to 13 then it could be an issue. I don't see that.

I agree with what you posted above on lineup construction but honestly the only RB's that meet that criteria are Bell, Elliott, Hunt and Gordon. I don't like Gordon's matchup against KC this week so if you pay up for the cheapest of the other two Hunt and Elliott you have already used $16300, you end up needing bargain WR's down in the $4800 or less range like Lee and Hurns. Hard to trust those guys.
Sounds good - appreciate the discussion.  I haven't started putting together a cash LU - I will probably do that tonight and post more thoughts. 

One thing that did pop into mind is might it be wise to go with a guy like Gilleslee for 2K less than Ajayi.  Both in positive game scripts, high RZ touches and neither are involved in the pass game.  There is the worry about White I guess, but it's one less TD that Gilly would need to make value for cash.  Will post more later..

Honestly, I am starting to think the easier route for cash might be to do the Thurs-Mon slate.  Hyde at 5.2 going against a team that is giving up 148/g? Allen at at 5.0 vs Jax in a dull D game in London?  Anyway, here are a couple thoughts on the main slate:

Ajayi (7.7k):  I am coming around to him being a possible cash play.  However, since isn't featured too much in the pass game, you are needing him to get about 23pts.  Thats 140yds, 1 TD, and the 100game bonus. 

Gordon (7.6): Is this a better play?  Gets 75% of the rushes for his team, is home, and is involved in the pass game.  Tough call. 

Hunt (8.0):  Favored, but on the road.  The highest scoring RB so far this year, and his salary has jacked up with it.  Do we go him, or find the extra 800 for...

Bell (8.8):  About as low as his salary will be this year and Chicago sucks. 

Montgomery (6.9):  Favored at home vs. the lowly Bengals.  Isn't game flow dependent as we saw last week, and the WRs are banged up. 

Gilleslee (5.7):   Double digit fave at home on a team that I believe runs it more than any other in the Red Zone.  IVC really doesn't like this idea. 

Thought it might be more relevant here with ppr, and it's from a free site so I don't feel bad sharing.   I was looking at the target % for players on each team (Ok, I skipped few of the crap teams), and thought it was interesting which RBs and TE are one of the top 3 options for their teams so far in target%.

RB:

Highest % of team targets:  McCoy, Cohen

2nd:  McCaffrey, Gordon, White, Kamara, Hyde, Gurley

3rd:  Coleman, Riddick, Sproles, C.Thompson

TE:

highest % of team targets:  Kelce, Gronk

2nd:  Clay, Witten, Ertz, James, Reed

3rd:  M.Bennett, Doyle, Cook, Walker. 

Just thought a few things were interesting like Bell not being on the list.  None of the TEs were really surprising, but I thought some of those RBs might be interesting ideas for gpps if they are in good matchups for the week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is obvious, but I still need a reminder myself since I play both sites, but was listening to a podcast recently and they were reminding the listeners that a good FD play <> a good DK play (I think they were mostly talking cash, but concept applies to tourneys too).  The points I gathered were:

• DK is more pt/$ dependent b/c of the wider difference in salary - ie TE salaries are mostly grouped within 1K of each other on FD, and there is 3K difference on DK. 
  • Lynch wasn't a DK play b/c he doesn't catch the ball at all.  Look for:  Goaline work, Receptions, and touches in cash.  Like the next point, you don't want a RB who is game flow dependent like Lynch, you would rather have a Hunt or Gordon. 
  • I found it interesting that they were talking that Julio probably wasn't a good cash play, and they were arguing that you can't pay 9K for a player that sees so few touches and is game flow dependent.  We saw that he could have done whatever he wanted on Sunday, but because they were ahead, they didn't need him.  Their point was that guys like Hopkins, Alshon, and Allen see all the volume a guy like Brown or Julio do and are 2-3K cheaper. 
  • For the reason above, they are big proponents of paying down at QB most of the time for cash as well.    Obviously it's week to week, but what I gather is what they are suggesting for cash is: QB in the 5Ks if possible, 3 RBs that meet above requirements, WRs with high volume for their team to hit on the ppr points, pay down at TE. 

Since there isn't the bonuses on FD and it's more TD weighted, it's a better play to pay up at QB and TE there and focus more on the faves and vegas totals.  Just thought I would post this to start the discussion.  I could recommend a couple podcasts (of course the Power Grid!) if anybody is interested and are nerdy like me. 

Great points and thanks for sharing, I don't think I have thought about the differences between DK and FD enough, and that probably partially explains why I tend to struggle more on DK yet normally win on FD, despite having different lineups on each site.  This gives me something to think about. 

Zeroing in on my cash lineup, honestly I only play cash and then stick it in a couple cheap GPP's (just in case it goes off) and a couple smaller winner take all tournaments with some guys I know. I have never been good at straight GPP lineups.

Wentz

Ajayi / Gordon

Evans / Hopkins / Higgins

Cook

Ertz

Eagles

Not sold on the two TE's, would love Buck Allen in the flex spot but the early game doesn't show on the Sunday only slate (stupid)

Will still tweak as the week goes on.

Zeroing in on my cash lineup, honestly I only play cash and then stick it in a couple cheap GPP's (just in case it goes off) and a couple smaller winner take all tournaments with some guys I know. I have never been good at straight GPP lineups.

Wentz

Ajayi / Gordon

Evans / Hopkins / Higgins

Cook

Ertz

Eagles

Not sold on the two TE's, would love Buck Allen in the flex spot but the early game doesn't show on the Sunday only slate (stupid)

Will still tweak as the week goes on.
Was just reading an article and it reinforced what we have talked about in the two threads - most of the good LUs are just slight versions of what looks like a cash LU.  I read an article on the app that I have and they called it barbelling (like in investing?).  You need the the chalk/good plays to get your core score up, and then the one or two splash plays/lower owned guys to separate you.  Their point is that most of the times the chalk plays are chalk because they are the best plays for the week - ie Brady last week. 

Long story short, if you don't want to make all new LUs for gpps but might want a little variety, just do your cash LU above (or what you end up with) and tweak 2 players. 

• IMO 2 TEs is rarely used and is different enough.  Maybe just put in one with Carr as the QB to pair with Cook. 
  • A stack like Cutler/Parker is similar price to having Wentz and Hopkins in there. 
  • Pivoting to a RB/Def stack. ie you could do TyMont and Miami D instead of Gordon/Eagles and have a different RB but have the Ajayi/Miami D stack. 
  •  
Just little things like that are all that's needed.  I think a lot of us (I definitely do this) get too caught up in the idea that our gpps need 9 new players and look really weird.  I am guessing most big winners last week still had a Brady stack, Montgomery, etc..  but maybe just went to Freeman instead of Julio or paid up for Gronk instead of going with Fleener, etc.. 

Here is something that I popped in this morning for cash, but the IVC really doesn't seem to like it:

Ertz - Gordon/TyMont - Crabree/Hopkins/Sanu - James - Gilleslee - Carolina

They don't like Monty this week, and want me to put in Cohen over Gilly.  Will have to think about this more, but this is right around the look I am thinking about for the week, but there are a lot of small decisions like James or Cook, Gordon or Hunt, Crabtree or K.Allen, etc.. 

Here is something that I popped in this morning for cash, but the IVC really doesn't seem to like it:

They don't like Monty this week, and want me to put in Cohen over Gilly.  Will have to think about this more, but this is right around the look I am thinking about for the week, but there are a lot of small decisions like James or Cook, Gordon or Hunt, Crabtree or K.Allen, etc.. 
Playing Ertz at QB is certainly going to set you apart.  :excited:

My no thought lineup (GPPs) is

Wentz
Bell
Ingram
Hilton
D Jackson
Sanders
Ertz
Ajayi
WAS

Thoughts on these Cash LU?

Team 1 Wentz, Thompson, Gurley, Brown, D Thomas, Nelson, Ebron, McCaffrey, Eagles

Team 2 Wentz, Thompson, Gurley, Brown, D Thomas, Baldwin, Ebron, Hyde, Eagles

Thoughts on these Cash LU?

Team 1 Wentz, Thompson, Gurley, Brown, D Thomas, Nelson, Ebron, McCaffrey, Eagles

Team 2 Wentz, Thompson, Gurley, Brown, D Thomas, Baldwin, Ebron, Hyde, Eagles
Is that Jordy Nelson?

I like the core of both.  Here are a couple comments based on what I posted above:

• Team 1 I wonder about McCaffrey.  I am really looking at him this week, and I think he is trending up but I wonder if he is a better gpp play. 
  • Team 2 I wonder about Baldwin.  Man, Seattle has looked bad, and I think both he and Wilson have home/road splits to consider. 
  • Like I posted above about what a podcast was talking about with Julio last week - is it unwise to spend 9K on Brown in a cash LU?  He is a stud, but he is also dependent on Ben and his splits.  Also, he "only" averages 10-11 targets a game and has only 1 Redzone target this year.  For less money, you could throw in a RB like Bell, Ajayi, Gordon, etc.. who could touch the ball 20+ times and see a lot more chances in the RZ.  
I am still working on this too.  I think their main point was for cash to really think about touches and opportunity.  So right now you are spending 13.5 on Brown and Thompson.  Thats about 22 targets/touches per game and 1.5 red zone looks between them.  Or that salary could be used for Ajayi and E.Sanders (just using an example, I know you have D.Thomas already), and those two would combine for closer to 37 targets/touches and 6 RZ looks.  

This is the bad thing about NFL vs. something like MLB - you have all week to think and rethink this stuff.  After staring at things, this is what I am thinking:

I had better success last year when I jammed in 3 decent Rbs in cash - ie Bell, DJ, Gordon, and searched for 3k and 4k Wrs.  Here is something I put together tonight:

Kizer - Ajayi/Hunt - Allen/Sanu/Decker or Higgins - Doyle - TyMont - Philly. 

I am sure I will tweak this more, as I am not in love with having 2 guys in cash from a Clev/Indy game.  Maybe just have Wentz/Cook/Carolina instead of Kizer/Doyle/Philly?

All over Abdullah this week. Like CJA last week he is my cheap RB play. Plenty of volume, just needs to get into the endzone.

I also like Decker as a GPP play at 4k. TEN offense playing at home is still really good and Davis is out - SEA has been vulnerable to slot receivers.

Is that Jordy Nelson?

I like the core of both.  Here are a couple comments based on what I posted above:

• Team 1 I wonder about McCaffrey.  I am really looking at him this week, and I think he is trending up but I wonder if he is a better gpp play. 
  • Team 2 I wonder about Baldwin.  Man, Seattle has looked bad, and I think both he and Wilson have home/road splits to consider. 
  • Like I posted above about what a podcast was talking about with Julio last week - is it unwise to spend 9K on Brown in a cash LU?  He is a stud, but he is also dependent on Ben and his splits.  Also, he "only" averages 10-11 targets a game and has only 1 Redzone target this year.  For less money, you could throw in a RB like Bell, Ajayi, Gordon, etc.. who could touch the ball 20+ times and see a lot more chances in the RZ.  
I am still working on this too.  I think their main point was for cash to really think about touches and opportunity.  So right now you are spending 13.5 on Brown and Thompson.  Thats about 22 targets/touches per game and 1.5 red zone looks between them.  Or that salary could be used for Ajayi and E.Sanders (just using an example, I know you have D.Thomas already), and those two would combine for closer to 37 targets/touches and 6 RZ looks.  
It's JJ Nelson. Thanks for the input 

New cash LU

Wentz

Bell, Ajayi

Sanders, Sanu, D Adams 

Ebron

Buck Allen

Eagles D
I like it.  I would keep an eye on the GB injuries and if it effects Adams. 

I hope some of these discussions and back and forth are helping all of us win a little more money. 

Couple gpp thoughts I had.  We were talking C.Thompson as a flex guy, and I like that.  There are 6 Ds that are averaging at least 6 catches and 60yds to rbs, and it just so happens that 2 are playing each other in a high o/u game:  Atl and Det.  Riddick and Coleman might be worth a look.  Another D that is on the list is of course NO, and we have already talked about McCaffrey as a good play. 

@chasyone - I was listening to podcasts this morning and thought of your cash LU with some of their comments.  One said they were going to try to find a way to get Bell and Ajayi in their LU.  I guess Chicago had another injury to the LB core, which makes 2 now.  The other seemed pretty down on Allen this week.  Sorry, don't remember the specifics.  Everybody keeps bringing up Hyde, and I wonder if it's worth thinking about the extra 200 for him?  Just food for thought - found it interesting they were talking about all your players.

Couple gpp thoughts I had.  We were talking C.Thompson as a flex guy, and I like that.  There are 6 Ds that are averaging at least 6 catches and 60yds to rbs, and it just so happens that 2 are playing each other in a high o/u game:  Atl and Det.  Riddick and Coleman might be worth a look.  Another D that is on the list is of course NO, and we have already talked about McCaffrey as a good play. 
I like the Coleman call - the only thing is I really do think this is a Julio week when the crowd is down on him since he hasn't gotten into the endzone. That's how this stuff works, right? lol. 

Just can't get past at Abdullah at his price. Against the run ATL is 30th DVOA.

Seattle-Tennessee is a sneaky game for me. I like options here but not sure who. Lockett is $4300 and teams have been able to put up points against TEN CB's for awhile, especially Adoree Jackson and Logan Ryan. He put up a decent stat line in an ugly game last week, but SF has been pretty good against the pass. I think I'd rather take Lockett over someone like Decker who simply hasn't impressed and is up against a better defense as a whole.

I like the Coleman call - the only thing is I really do think this is a Julio week when the crowd is down on him since he hasn't gotten into the endzone. That's how this stuff works, right? lol. 

Just can't get past at Abdullah at his price. Against the run ATL is 30th DVOA.

Seattle-Tennessee is a sneaky game for me. I like options here but not sure who. Lockett is $4300 and teams have been able to put up points against TEN CB's for awhile, especially Adoree Jackson and Logan Ryan. He put up a decent stat line in an ugly game last week, but SF has been pretty good against the pass. I think I'd rather take Lockett over someone like Decker who simply hasn't impressed and is up against a better defense as a whole.
I always forget what goes into that stat and how it differs from pts and yds allowed?  I see they are listed as 30 rush DVOA and only 15th for RB receiving, but then I look and they limited TyMont and Howard to low yardage totals.  That said, they have allowed a rec TD and a rush TD to rbs in each game. 

My head starts spinning as I look at stats.  Seems like there are 5 ways to look at every player. 

Here is what I was thinking

Smith- LAC defense is in tatters, this will force the pass from Rivers. I wouldn't expect a shoot out but I would expect a diverse bit of play from KC to get well ahead of Rivers.

Elliot- AZ defense is not great and Palmer has not been taking care of the ball. Cowboys will go back to the run throughout the entire game after last weeks disaster. On top of that his work ethic has been challenged. I think mentally this guy has something to prove against an Arizona D that will allow him to prove it.

Bell- Against Chicago, easy start.... Against Chicago with banged up LB's, MUST START.

Sanu- Volume for the price is grade A, Detroit's secondary will be all over Jones and will allow Sanu to feast.

Hill- This one I am iffy about and may change him not a fan of stacking with Smith due to all of his options.

Higgens- Price and targets against a terrible Indy. Not only that but every ball that went his way that was catch-able was caught.

Watson-  Jumped from 1 target to 8 targets and caught all of them. They know they can rely on him now, I would expect the same amount of targets if not more.

Gore- The rookie is suffering from a shoulder injury, Gore will have lots of carries against a week Browns team.

Ravens- They have been playing grade A ball.

Please let me know what all of your thoughts are!

@chasyone - I was listening to podcasts this morning and thought of your cash LU with some of their comments.  One said they were going to try to find a way to get Bell and Ajayi in their LU.  I guess Chicago had another injury to the LB core, which makes 2 now.  The other seemed pretty down on Allen this week.  Sorry, don't remember the specifics.  Everybody keeps bringing up Hyde, and I wonder if it's worth thinking about the extra 200 for him?  Just food for thought - found it interesting they were talking about all your players.
Yea I'm not sure on Hyde. The Thursday games always seem to duds. I have trouble rostering anyone in the Thursday game unless it's a no brained 

Yea I'm not sure on Hyde. The Thursday games always seem to duds. I have trouble rostering anyone in the Thursday game unless it's a no brained 
Fair enough - just relaying the info.  Most of what I struggle with are those decisions b/t people at similar prices.  Like this week - Allen or Hyde?  Cousins or Stafford? Gordon, Ajayi, or Hunt?, etc..  Seems like get a feel for what I want the structure of the LU to look like and then flip flop on players.  Good luck!

Some much for a dud on Thursday night. I had Gurley and Hyde in a LU and took them both out. Oh well. Still hope I can cash 

Here is what I was thinking

Smith- LAC defense is in tatters, this will force the pass from Rivers. I wouldn't expect a shoot out but I would expect a diverse bit of play from KC to get well ahead of Rivers.

Elliot- AZ defense is not great and Palmer has not been taking care of the ball. Cowboys will go back to the run throughout the entire game after last weeks disaster. On top of that his work ethic has been challenged. I think mentally this guy has something to prove against an Arizona D that will allow him to prove it.

Bell- Against Chicago, easy start.... Against Chicago with banged up LB's, MUST START.

Sanu- Volume for the price is grade A, Detroit's secondary will be all over Jones and will allow Sanu to feast.

Hill- This one I am iffy about and may change him not a fan of stacking with Smith due to all of his options.

Higgens- Price and targets against a terrible Indy. Not only that but every ball that went his way that was catch-able was caught.

Watson-  Jumped from 1 target to 8 targets and caught all of them. They know they can rely on him now, I would expect the same amount of targets if not more.

Gore- The rookie is suffering from a shoulder injury, Gore will have lots of carries against a week Browns team.

Ravens- They have been playing grade A ball.

Please let me know what all of your thoughts are!
The bolded are the ones I am most iffy about.  Zeke on the road again, and hasn't looked like Zeke this year.  Not bad, but I personally would rather have Ajayi (assuming he is a go) or even Hunt at slightly lower prices.  I think Hill is decent, but like you said, you'd have the stack there too.  Gore is just not a guy I like on DK, and is personally my least favorite on your LU.  If you really like the rest and only have 4200 left, I personally think this is  great week for cheaper WRs to throw in the flex like Funchess, R.Matthews, Higgins, maybe Decker?  Gore has only averaging about 8-9 DK pts/game and you would want closer to 13pts from a guy with a 4.2 salary in cash.   

I play a lot of 50/50 and a $3 league with 14 of my buddies. Is that league considered cash or gpp? Pays out top 3. Last week 167 took 1st and 129 took 3rd

I play a lot of 50/50 and a $3 league with 14 of my buddies. Is that league considered cash or gpp? Pays out top 3. Last week 167 took 1st and 129 took 3rd
That's a good question, and I was thinking about that too.  I have had decent success with H2Hs, and was going try again this week, but I was also thinking dumping my LU in a couple 10 or 20 man contests too for a little boost if it scores well.  I think it's more cash than gpp with so few people being in it, but I am not 100% either. 

Here is my crazy idea for the week.  Got it after I got that notification on the mobile app this week about my high score last year.  It was over 200pts and had the stack of Ryan/Coleman/Freeman.   Paired them with a QB b/c both had a chance to catch a couple from Ryan and they all had a chance to score all the TDs for their team.   As I looked at stuff this week, I thought why not try that with 2Rbs from the same team and the Defense?  I am sure I have had worse ideas.  so my gpp core stacks are McCaffrey/J.Stewart/CarD and White/Gilly/NE D.   Both Rb combos are about 11K, and they are on teams that like to run and could possibly score 3Tds between them, plus both have a RB that is #2 on their team in target shares, so ppr floor is there too.  I could see each pair getting 5catches, 170 combined yards and 3 TDs each.  that would be right around the 4x you are looking for in gpps.  :oldunsure:

Final (well almost unless we get some late news) cash lineup:

Wentz - just can't help thinking he is the value play at QB, Philly can't run the ball so they are going to throw and so far, so good.

Ajayi and Henry - Ajayi practiced fully today after a rest day Wednesday, not worried about the questionable tag. Henry looks to see plenty of volume and Hyde tore up the Seahawks last week and Henry is another bruiser back.

Adams, Allen, Higgins - All should be highly targeted, i think at least one of the other GB WR's sit if not both.

Doyle - Should be the highly targeted safety valve for the young QB.

Gordon - A little worried on the late add to the injury report, put him in the flex in case I need to pivot off.

Eagles

@chasyone - I thought about it more and I would assume that the smaller and smaller the %of payouts get, the more it might have to start looking like a gpp LU.  Ie 50/50 you have to beat 50% of the field, and I think 2x is more like 60%.  Gpps usually pay out the top 20% or so, and it matters a lot if you place right at the cash line or #1.   So if you are entering something like you said - a 14 team league that pays the top 3, that is the top 20% of LUs, so you might want something with a little more pop than your cash LU if you typically don't double up with players on a team. 

All that said, competition comes into play, so if your buddy league isn't that competitive and you have cash there a few times you should be fine. 

@chasyone - I thought about it more and I would assume that the smaller and smaller the %of payouts get, the more it might have to start looking like a gpp LU.  Ie 50/50 you have to beat 50% of the field, and I think 2x is more like 60%.  Gpps usually pay out the top 20% or so, and it matters a lot if you place right at the cash line or #1.   So if you are entering something like you said - a 14 team league that pays the top 3, that is the top 20% of LUs, so you might want something with a little more pop than your cash LU if you typically don't double up with players on a team. 

All that said, competition comes into play, so if your buddy league isn't that competitive and you have cash there a few times you should be fine. 
Yea last week I scored 127 and finished 5th

$1 pick em

Carr Bell Ajayi Green Benjamin Freeman Anderson Crowell

$3 gpp

Rogers Anderson McCaffrey Adams Cooper Sanu Ebron Monty KC

$1 pick em

Carr Bell Ajayi Green Benjamin Freeman Anderson Crowell

$3 gpp

Rogers Anderson McCaffrey Adams Cooper Sanu Ebron Monty KC
Good luck here too!  Any luck with the pick'ems so far??

My cash LU as of this second is:  Cousins - Bell/Hunt/TyMont - Alshon/Sanu/Higgins - Cook - Carolina.  Still not 100% sure  on those WRs/TE, and will probably pivot off Alshon if it looks like Jenkins is starting.   Doing mostly H2Hs now and trying that out. 

I have 10 low $ gpps going.  30% have Gilly/White/NE, 30% have McCaff/Stewart/Car, and 30% have Kelce/Ertz.  A couple have a combo of those ideas. 

Good luck here too!  Any luck with the pick'ems so far??

My cash LU as of this second is:  Cousins - Bell/Hunt/TyMont - Alshon/Sanu/Higgins - Cook - Carolina.  Still not 100% sure  on those WRs/TE, and will probably pivot off Alshon if it looks like Jenkins is starting.   Doing mostly H2Hs now and trying that out. 

I have 10 low $ gpps going.  30% have Gilly/White/NE, 30% have McCaff/Stewart/Car, and 30% have Kelce/Ertz.  A couple have a combo of those ideas. 
Did 4 / .25 pick ems last week and cashed in 3 for $2.75 which is technically success.

Good luck all!!

The bad thing about doing two sites or two LUs is as one does well the other doesn't.  Tonight I was leading all my H2Hs on FD and behind all my H2Hs on DK.  I think I ran into well over 1/2 of my 20 contests over there that had Cousins as QB, so a lot of those caught up, but I have Cousins on DK so now I am ahead of all my H2Hs there besides a couple and caught up to the 2x lines.  Big decision that cost me big on DK was between R.Matthews that the IVC kept giving me and going with Higgins for a ppr floor.  :bag:

Overall should still be a winning day.  I think I am up about $10 on DK and up about $25-30 on FD. 

Users who are viewing this thread